Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Clone Wars without Sidious

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars without Sidious

Darth_Solrac
05.18.2012 , 04:38 PM | #11
I think the OP meant that even tho Sidious was the reason for TCW, who woulda won without him anyway?

The answer: The Republic probably, eventually. The Galactic Senate would simply have to get over its stagnant indecisiveness first.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Aurbere
05.18.2012 , 06:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
I think the OP meant that even tho Sidious was the reason for TCW, who woulda won without him anyway?

The answer: The Republic probably, eventually. The Galactic Senate would simply have to get over its stagnant indecisiveness first.
Yes. This is the point I was trying to get across. As I said, I am not good at getting my point across because I type these things out on a whim. Like right now.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Harlequintwo
05.18.2012 , 06:46 PM | #13
I get the feeling that the CIS leaders wouldn't of had the backbone without Sidious (and by extension Dooku) prodding them into action. The Naboo Blockade would never have started and so TCW wouldn't have either.

If TCW started with Sidious, and then he disappeared/died then a new Supreme Chancellor would have been elected (maybe Bail Organa) and Dooku would take the reins. However, without Sidious to spur both sides into war, a peace treaty could have been negotiated (the cartoon showed some ongoing diplomacy) and both sides would have had their own segments of the Galaxy.

If they kept at it in the war, the Republic probably would have won eventually.

Aurbere
05.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
I get the feeling that the CIS leaders wouldn't of had the backbone without Sidious (and by extension Dooku) prodding them into action. The Naboo Blockade would never have started and so TCW wouldn't have either.

If TCW started with Sidious, and then he disappeared/died then a new Supreme Chancellor would have been elected (maybe Bail Organa) and Dooku would take the reins. However, without Sidious to spur both sides into war, a peace treaty could have been negotiated (the cartoon showed some ongoing diplomacy) and both sides would have had their own segments of the Galaxy.

If they kept at it in the war, the Republic probably would have won eventually.
Ah,yes. I forgot about that episode with the sep council. If anybody could make a peace traty it would be Bail. But I don't see Grievous letting Dooku sign a treaty.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Solrac
05.18.2012 , 07:03 PM | #15
The Republic also had better tech/mech. The clones were vastly superior to their droid opponents.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Aurbere
05.18.2012 , 07:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
The Republic also had better tech/mech. The clones were vastly superior to their droid opponents.
I get the feeling that Sidious might have delivered a majority of the seps victories to them. If I were in Sidious' position I would have let the war go while I manipulate the Republic to make it ready to become an Empire. So that when the Republic wins, the clones can still wipe out the Jedi and my takeover could be just as clean.

Mavryk
05.18.2012 , 10:22 PM | #17
I think the Republic, primarily because Palpatine would of been feeding the CIS intel of the Republic's movements. Without this great advantage, I do not think that they would of been as formidable. The thing is, Palps was playing both sides of the chess board, and while not everything went according to plan he was able to compensate. Without his insight and puppetry the war wouldn't of lasted nearly as long.
Dark-Haven Legacy
Black Chevron Community
[ Mavryk Lv55 ]-[ Avalyn Lv53 ]-[ Zavysh Lv1 ]-[ Equinor Lv13]
[ Ravlyn Lv29 ]-[ Xavier Lv23 ]-[ Lyxia Lv51 ]-[ Zakura Lv13]

CassusVerda
05.19.2012 , 02:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Ah,yes. I forgot about that episode with the sep council. If anybody could make a peace traty it would be Bail. But I don't see Grievous letting Dooku sign a treaty.
I don't see Dooku letting Grievous tell him what to F'ing do.

Aurbere
05.19.2012 , 03:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
I don't see Dooku letting Grievous tell him what to F'ing do.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! LOL! I meant that Grievous would probably continue the war with his resources if Dooku made peace.

Rayla_Felana
05.19.2012 , 04:22 PM | #20
Hmm Dooku, Ventress, Greivous and the CIS vs the ENTIRE Jedi Order and the Grand Army of the Republic.

Sounds pretty obvious to me.