Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can' download game "unable to retireve patch data. Check your network connection"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can' download game "unable to retireve patch data. Check your network connection"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jhettsteimel
12.17.2011 , 02:55 PM | #1
When I open my Swtor launcher I get the error at the bottom unable to retrieve patch data please check network connection. I have internet connection as well as I have deactivated all fire walls allowed the program through all firewalls. I have forwarded the ports necessary through my router. I have repaired the launcher. I have restarted the computer. I have cleared my internet cookies. I have used cmd to clear my internet dns. I have made sure no problem programs are running. I contacted customer support multiple times. I have done everything the launcher fixer forum suggested and much much more and still nothing. Swtor refuses to play on my computer what could it be? anyone in the world have the solution or even any suggestions please help.
My Lightsaber is bigger then yours.

Jhettsteimel
12.17.2011 , 03:03 PM | #2
bump seriously no one has a fix? am I the only lucky person to run into this problem

CFav
12.17.2011 , 03:09 PM | #3
I had this same issue yesterday, I believe all I did was keep reloading the launcher and eventually it connected and did what it had to do and I got in. I wish I could be more specific, but I've been crashing 100% on the character creation screen, so the launcher issue has become a distant memory (sorry)...

Jhettsteimel
12.17.2011 , 03:11 PM | #4
I've ran the launcher probably well over 200 to 300 times

Jhettsteimel
12.17.2011 , 03:21 PM | #5
can like a gm come help me

Jhettsteimel
12.17.2011 , 03:49 PM | #6
nobody else is having this problem?

MegaBassilisk
12.17.2011 , 11:20 PM | #7
I am. They are responding to me as if I had no idea how a computer works telling me to do the same thing over and over again. I feel like they have no idea how to fix it and are too busy with launch to figure it out.

Ratae
12.17.2011 , 11:30 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello,

This thread has some ideas about Patchers, Downloads, Installation and Launchers which might be worth trying (itís quite a long post, so search out the bits that are relevant to your issue):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=890

Hope this helps.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Jhettsteimel
12.18.2011 , 12:48 AM | #9
Thanks for trying, but I've seen that thread nothing helped ): trust me I've tried literally everything possible?

Jhettsteimel
12.18.2011 , 12:59 AM | #10
oaidjfmskadjgkdsjlkajldflsajfklajflksajlksjeflksjf ;sajflksajflsdkjfls this problem is unsolvable anyone who can solve this deserve the noble peace prize