Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for making Flashpoints not useless after in columi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Ideas for making Flashpoints not useless after in columi
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UCKFred
05.17.2012 , 07:56 AM | #21
Much like they did by making Kaon and LI their own weekly, they could make a new weekly for D7, BoI, and FE with 2 black hole commendations as the reward.

The_Butler
05.17.2012 , 08:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
There already is a weekly to complete 2 HM FPs and get 6 Black Hole commendations...

So you can get 12 a week without doing any Operations. The first boss of Explosive Conflict is also very easy so most groups should be able to handle it (and then the trash and chest) for another 6. So, 18 a week without actually needing to do any real raiding. I think that is quite enough as you don't need the gear if you aren't trying to do harder content.
That's a bit misleading as the Weekly is to comple a specific 2 HMs viz Kaon and Lost Island which doesn't really help the problem for those wanting a reason to do the other FPs.

It would make other FPs (e.g. the majority) worth running if the weekly was a selection from any HM FP.

And I would strongly dispute the claim that the first bosses in EC are in any way "easy". They are by far harder than any of EV and KPs HM bosses and a group of non-raiders would struggle on them. The only way you can find them "easy" is if you already are a "real" raider and are pretty nicely geared already.

Anywho the OP wasn't specifically referring to Black hole commendations just the idea that all HM FPs should be kept relevant for all level 50s.

As another poster has said at the moment the majority of HM FPs had lost their usefullness to me after only 2 or 3 Story mode EV runs. Even if you are unlucky with drops most people can get a full Columi set by doing a nice, fun, quick EV run in under 90mins so where is the incentive to slog through HM FPs on the off chance the last boss might drop something useful? Especially then considering that HM EV is not a huge step up and drops better gear than anything HM FPs have to offer...

MWidowmaker
05.18.2012 , 09:50 AM | #23
gear out your companions!
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

DavidHunt
05.18.2012 , 01:39 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.

kiwoo
05.18.2012 , 04:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CrimsonDravik View Post
So, my friends and I were talking, and we realized that there is no real point to doing flashpoints after you are geared out in all columi. We thought this was kind of unfair because with battlemaster and war hero, all you have to do is play the same thing over and over. Whereas to get rakata gear you need be in an op. So we were thinking that there has got to be a way to make flashpoints useful for people that are decently geared. Here are a couple ideas that we had, please comment on which you think is best or any other ideas and maybe bioware will implement something....if we are lucky.

1. Make a weekly that requires you to do all of the hm fps and have the reward be a vanity pet, or black hole coms, or rakata token, something. It can change each week too, just to make it interesting, and to keep people doing them constantly. (submitted by Arius)

2. Make a nightmare version of the flashpoint in which it drops the corresponding Rakata peice. However to make this a more intersting fight add a new mechanic to the final boss fight so people dont just blow through these easily. (submitted by Katara)
To be honest, if you can get 8 players together there is no reason, loot wise, to do HMs at all. EV story mode is much easier than some HM FPs and you get geared up substantially faster than running HM FPs. Both of my alts I got geared in full columi in 2 weeks from EV and KP story mode runs.

But I do like the two ideas posted.

JeramieCrowe
05.18.2012 , 09:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.
Oh really? Hmmm... Incentivising its use. That's actually a pretty good idea, as I know many people, including myself, prefer not to use one.

Interesting.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

CrimsonDravik
05.18.2012 , 09:50 PM | #27
thank you very much for this info! any details on this quest and how many coms it will give?
Dravik

RichyYoung
05.19.2012 , 01:41 AM | #28
Dont get me wrong thats great for my my two alts at 50 but my main is gaining black holes fast, my concern is that other than ear and implants which are weird stats by the way i had to buy foestopper and pummerler for my sentinal. The actual gear 1. Doesnt carry a set bonus .. so im not getting any yet im just saving bh comms verses my rakata. 2. Stats also seem a little weird.
3. Currently we are all just waiting for the last boss in story EC to drop campaign. And thats how we are gearing up becuase campaign has a set bonus.

My point is that as motivation we only really need 105 BH commendations which we are getting from EC story mode full run. Its gunna be nice for my new level 50 chars.. as now i never need to do dailys for rakata ear peices :P i just go straight for the BH implants and ear peice on new 50...

Personally i liked the vehical rewards, ive still to do them all and its a nice long term goal.

Just for the record on my low level alts new players tell me all the time for groups for like early on essles.. and i personally dont think players should have to be forced to tell random players at such an early level especially if they are solo players, ie no guild or friends in the game, so i just wanted to mention that group finder is a great idea and much needed regardless of whther people will keep doing flashpoints at end game or not.

Gren-Aluren
05.19.2012 , 05:42 AM | #29
I actually advise against gearing up your guild fast and carrying them through Operations. There are a lot of players who just stop playing after they get fully geared. There will also be people with little raid awareness that will want to be carried even further through the harder stuff and cause lots of drama.

But honestly what is the point of gearing up as fast as you can? What left is there to do? I personally find enjoyment taking new players through Hardmode flashpoints and showing them the ropes. It actually prepares them and gives them experience in raid awareness to be able to successfully complete EC and future end-game content. Gearing up alts is a different story. There has been times where I went from level 49 blues to full Rakata in a day.

Tomisu
05.19.2012 , 10:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Butler View Post
And FPs certainly don't accomplish their goal of getting people geared for Tier 1 raiding. It is much better to actually do the T1 raids to get T1 gear and ignore FPs completley!

So completley agree with the OP - reason for doing HM FPs would be nice
This. Back in January when I first hit 50 and was the last of our raid group to do so, we cleared story modes and I got tons of gear. Since then I've done a few HM FPs and do not see the point of running them. The gear isn't worth it, the gear currency isn't worth it, and most of them take too long to run anyway. [sidenote: realizing this made me appreciate even more how warcraft backed off the long dungeons of cataclysm with the twilight dungeons, which were far more compact and quick than the launch dungeons or the Zuls.]

As for HM LI... ouch. We know we aren't top tier players (we've completed HM EV & KP, part of story EC, everyone is in columni+) but all of us have raiding experience and put forth effort to playing well and we haven't been able to finish HM IL yet. Because our players know it will likely take over 2 or 3 hours to get through it they don't even want to start it anymore. None of the earlier FPs will help us gear better for this one either, except maybe HM KUS. /sigh