Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please allow artifice to make augment kits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Please allow artifice to make augment kits
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

uniz
05.17.2012 , 05:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
I think what would make sense is that every craft could create an augment kit usable to add an augment slot on any gear that the craft can make. E.G. to add an augment slot on a lightsaber/relic - you'd need an artificers augment kit.
i was thinking the same thing when 1.2 came out with the augments. that only the people that made the gear would be able to make the augments to fit into that piece. its not that hard to do and you could even make some special augment types for certain crewskills. these special types could be procs, ability buffs and etc. they wouldnt be over powering if only a few crewskills could only make them for the items they make; like relic only, implant only, ear and etc.

the kits are the way to go though so for me i welcome that idea. but having the same three crewskills making them is still a bad idea now made even worse.

Lithy
05.17.2012 , 08:20 PM | #22
At least armstech is getting more useful as things go by.........

What I dont understand is he only lists up to t6 but mentions t7??
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Dragonexadon
05.18.2012 , 06:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Chalpy View Post
I agree with this as well.
I am glad many of you agree. My idea posted on reddit got mix reviews.
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

Rogozhi
05.18.2012 , 07:25 AM | #24
Are we 100% Artifice is not going to be able to craft augment kits for lightsbares and that the mention in the Q&A wasn't just a mistake?

Dragonexadon
05.18.2012 , 08:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogozhi View Post
Are we 100% Artifice is not going to be able to craft augment kits for lightsbares and that the mention in the Q&A wasn't just a mistake?
The Q and A named three specific craters who could craft augment kits. Though I would like to think they just forgot to mention other craters for it, I doubt that is the case.
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

Efour
05.18.2012 , 10:37 AM | #26
Aug slot kits need to be generic items. All trade skillers can make them and all fit all items that CAN have slots.

Or at the very least:

Class specific to the Items slot maker if they want to follow the same rule as Augments themself.... Art and Cyber already got the bum deal on that one.

GnatB
05.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #27
Personal opinion:
1. Only RE's of crafted EQUIPMENT should result in augment kit mats. (i.e. earpieces, implants, weapons, armor). RE's of consumables and mods should NOT.)
2. Every crewskill craft should be able to craft the augment kits. (ideally, they'd be slot restricted, armor crafters for the armor slots, weapon crafter for the weapon slots, bio for implants, etc.)

DavidHunt
05.18.2012 , 12:13 PM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.

DesonEQ
05.18.2012 , 03:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.
This raises a question for me--a lot of your changes to the system look like trying to compensate for core flaws in the crafting and overall itemization scheme of the game. We've already heard plans to phase out reusable medpacks; synthweavers, armortechs, and armstechs already got augments in an awkward manner to make up for the weaknesses of non- customizable gear;artificers have a horde of redundant enhancements and really it can go on. To what extent are you willing to upend the system to make it make more sense and not need to do what happened with augment distribution?
Companion kill list: Skadge,Quinn,Gault,Kaliyo
Honorable Mentions:Ashara,Vette,Broonmark
Please, let us kill companions. You know it's right.

MaximusRex
05.18.2012 , 04:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Sorry, not a good enough reason to screw over artifice again. We have a super limited number of saber hilts we can make as is, and you massively restricted the Biometric Gels so that it is cost prohibitive to try and get those hilts or even our relics to crit, you added another tier of crystals, but not access to as many colors then the old top tier limiting our market, heck, I can't even upgrade my own green gems because you didn't add the freaking new tip end patterns in. Now you are telling us that we need to buy augments for our sabers, relics, and offhands cause we can't be allowed to craft our own? That's really crappy.