Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wondering if buying curancy is against the rules.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Wondering if buying curancy is against the rules.

Adultism
12.18.2011 , 12:10 AM | #1
Like credits, buying them offsite, I would like a simple yes or no answer because my friend and I were wondering if that violates the TOS for this game.

Some games allow it, some do not. Just wondering if this does.

Zezel
12.18.2011 , 12:12 AM | #2
Yes violation of any MMO's ToS.

Adultism
12.18.2011 , 12:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zezel View Post
Yes violation of any MMO's ToS.
Not all, WoW useto let people do it if I remember correctly, and so id a few others including guild wars let people get away with it but now they do not.

Zezel
12.18.2011 , 12:15 AM | #4
Wrong

Here's SWTOR's:

11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Use abusive, offensive, or defamatory screen names and/or personas.
- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.
- Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
- Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Violate any additional Rules of Conduct applicable to a specific EA Service that you are using.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

KadenDevante
12.18.2011 , 12:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Adultism View Post
Not all, WoW useto let people do it if I remember correctly, and so id a few others including guild wars let people get away with it but now they do not.
And no, you don't remember correctly. WoW NEVER allowed this.

Adultism
12.18.2011 , 12:22 AM | #6
Oh well, thanks for answering my question, even though you didn't really do it in a polite way. Guess thats just how the internet works

Later.