Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator and Armor Debuff

floriwie
05.16.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1
Hi guys,

do u know which ability from the fabricator puts the armor debuf on tank....

Several sources in the internet saying it is "Plasma Leash" but when I look to the ability effect of "Pummel" from torhead...

http://www.torhead.com/ability/2uddQ81/pummel

Pummel has this line in it

"SetDescription: Description=>"Armor reduced by 16% per stack."
And its damage type...
"WeaponDamage: StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.2, Slots=>[ PrimaryMelee ], StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.2, FlurryBlowsMax=>1, AmountModifierPercent=>-1, IgnoreDualWieldModifier=>1, FlurryBlowsMin=>1, IsSpecialAbility=>1"

So it is Weapon Damage and defendable for my Sith Assassin with Deflection CD for 12s....

Now on the other hand,

Plasma Leash

http://www.torhead.com/ability/drTyI3I/plasma-leash

"SpellDamage: SpellType=>Tech, StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.1, Slot=>None, StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.1, DamageType=>Elemental"

is Spell Damage and doesn't mention anything about armor debuff...but this is armor debuff then I should use Force Shroud to delay the armor debuff..

Any idea, which one actually putting the debuff?

KeyboardNinja
05.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #2
The debuff comes from Pummel. I have tried using Deflection (shadow equivalent of your 50% weapon damage cooldown) on that fight, and while it reduces damage, I didn't notice it delaying the debuff in any way. Plasma Leash, btw, is easily avoided if you never get more than 10 meters from the boss when you have agro. So, resist the urge to keep your tanks stationary throughout the fight.

As for the debuff itself, I've never had it be too much of a problem. We have three people solving the puzzle (two weakest DPS and a healer), and they are able to solve the puzzle once every 12-15 seconds. This means that the armor debuffs never get above 3 stacks. In fact, we often have to delay the tank swap, waiting for armor debuffs to subside, rather than swapping on every puzzle activation.

Even with 10 stacks though, you should be able to tank through the damage, at least for a little while. I've solo tanked this boss on hard mode for more than 70% of the fight (judging by HP), and while it was certainly stressful for the healer, we didn't actually lose anyone and were able to successfully down him. The healer and I were a little over-geared for HM though, which was probably what made this possible. Additionally, I'm a shadow tank, which means I have the most survivability *not* tied up in armor of any of the tank classes.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

KVork
05.17.2012 , 04:30 AM | #3
For the record, (and no, i dont have a pic...) - it is possible to drop debuff with a Saber Ward or equivalent (+100 def for 3 sec in set gear nad another 9 sec of +50 def).
He refreshes/stacks debuff on you every 3-4? seconds. Debuff lasts 15s.

I have tried this on one ocassion when my OT died. Poped Saber Ward just before he was to refresh debuff (i was watching debuff on my UI and just poped CD on lucky gues, when 1/5 of debuff time was off). With this auto-avoided first refresh and reached around 80% defense or more for next 4 refreshes.
This way I dropped 6 stacks and it made my day.

So it is possible but luck-dependant and only usefull at the end or when your OT is undergeared or dead and you want to keep aggro as long as possible.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

floriwie
05.18.2012 , 01:46 AM | #4
I have a feeling deflection works for delaying the armor debuff....

If I pop-up the deflection, it takes the boss longer to get me to 5 stacks of armor debuff, which prevents the stress....