Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much onlie players does SWTOR actually have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How much onlie players does SWTOR actually have?

Leuthispar
05.17.2012 , 09:30 PM | #71
Like a few attentive non-fanboys have stated, after the free 30 days are over and the people who bought 6 month game time cant be counted as subs, this game will have under 1 mil subscribers. (Assuming they ever release this information) Not to mention that there are still 1-2 more months of unsubs coming before 1.3; a patch that has no new endgame content and is merely adding some functionality elements that should have been in since launch. If you are such a fanboy and believe this game is totally fine, then read the following carefully, get up from the computer, take several steps back and run as fast as possible head first into the wall and knock yourself into a coma because you obviously belong in a delusory reality.

Aktavote
05.17.2012 , 09:31 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
Yes, I knew you guys would argue semantics.

You have no idea what "a dip" or "large chunk" is number wise, so you have no idea of what you said is true.

Fact of the matter is: Blizzard admitted that part of their sub loss was due to Star Wars.

When was the last time Blizzard admitted another game took some of their customers?
And perhaps you should learn to read what you link. The Blizzard rep called it a dip.

100k is 1% of WoW's sub base. 1% of their population left WoW and they attribute some of the loss due to the release of ToR.

1% is not a large chunk. 100k doesn't put ToR in a position to challenge for the top MMO title as they expected it would.

Sarfux
05.17.2012 , 09:50 PM | #73
i think after the transfers and all that happens, then they will server merge.

instead of seeing majority light some standard 3 or 4 heavy very heavy full, you will see:

full
full
full
full
full
full

very heavy
very heavy
very heavy
very heavy
very heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy
heavy

standard
standard
standard
standard
standard
standard

I think just the server status page LOOKING like that will give people the impression in their minds that the game is doing very very well. Because there will be mostly ones with very high population on them. I think server merging will do they game good. Then if the 1.3 lfg tool isn't cross server this patch, they will make it future on down the road I believe. I think merging will do good for the game. It alone will make it 'look" like it's doing VERY well instead of putting a negative look to it where the player goes "man...why are these allll light!!?" they will go "ddaaammmnnn they are all mostly high pop! nice!" that's what I think anyway
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Grimne_Lothos
05.17.2012 , 09:53 PM | #74
Server merges will never happen. Its pointless to talk about it.

How many of the 1.2 Mil subs were suckered into buying multi-month subscriptions but don't actually log onto the game anymore? I think saying half is being pretty generous.

Sarfux
05.17.2012 , 09:56 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimne_Lothos View Post
Server merges will never happen. Its pointless to talk about it.

How many of the 1.2 Mil subs were suckered into buying multi-month subscriptions but don't actually log onto the game anymore? I think saying half is being pretty generous.
I wouldn't say never.

Daniel Erickson was asked about it and he said

"Are server merges a possible solution? Absolutely. Are character transfers a possible solution? They’re a definite solution and we’re going after that first. But all things are on the table. Our entire goal is to make sure that players are playing in the environment they want to, with the type of community and the size of population they want, and we are driving towards all of that."

That's why I think they will merge the servers AFTER the transfers. Everyone will get to where they want to go, mostly out of the dead servers, THEN they will see what the dead servers are and merge them
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Angedechu
05.17.2012 , 10:54 PM | #76
Blizzard calculated that a server pop amount to 10 times the amount of people at peak hour.

Brittaany_Banks
05.17.2012 , 10:54 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
Yes it is.

Simply because, unless you work at a game company, you have no idea what all it takes to do a server transfer.
So what you are telling us is that there is some different mechanic to making North American transfers work as opposed to Pacific transfers? Funny.... seems like its all the same data to me.

Words can not describe how dumb your statement is. If it works for the Aussies and Asians it works for the Americans. There is no added technical proficiency between them.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

Tiaa
05.17.2012 , 11:41 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Videle View Post
Always wanted to know that.
I don't know how many subscribers they have left...

...but what I do know is that it will be less than "that" if they don't get to server merges.

I find it hard to see how server transfers will fix the problem.

It's almost as if they are not expecting new players.

All I keep hearing about now is "1.3" will make everything better!

Gee, that sounds vaguely...familiar....1...uh...um..2...

Anyways!

No Jedi Jesus patch will make everything better. So before you ask Jedi Jesus for patch 1.4's blessings...

Jedi Jesus can only do so much.

Nyla
05.18.2012 , 12:29 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
...but what I do know is that it will be less than "that" if they don't get to server merges.

I find it hard to see how server transfers will fix the problem.
I don't understand your point.

Server merges: BW decide to close some servers and people are moved to another => we got less servers consolidated with more players.

Server transfers: BW decide to which server you can get free transfer to and you can choose to get a paid transfer to a specific transfer => we still got the same amount of servers but thoses that BW choosed as destination will get high population.

The only difference in the end is they won't close the empty servers.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

Tiaa
05.18.2012 , 01:36 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
I don't understand your point.

The only difference in the end is they won't close the empty servers.
How you managed to miss my point...

...yet express my point in your last sentence...

It's starting to really make me think that some of you

are just making contrast arguments just to add your input.

I think you can figure the rest out for yourself.