Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Clone Wars without Sidious

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars without Sidious

Aurbere
05.17.2012 , 07:42 PM | #1
If Sidious wasn't involved in the Clone Wars(remove him from the equation if you will), what would have happened?
Personally, I think the seps would have won eventually. Don't let TCW fool you. The CIS had the Reps on the run for a majority of the war.

What do you all think?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Mordegrus
05.17.2012 , 07:55 PM | #2
Without Sidious, there would have not been a Clone Wars.
(see the book "Darth Plagueis", and Episode I and II)
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Velaran
05.17.2012 , 07:56 PM | #3
First off, the war would've never happened.

Secondly, I believe the Republic would have won. It was nearly a Republic victory by the end anyway.

Wolfninjajedi
05.17.2012 , 07:59 PM | #4
If he was removed from the equation, then the war wouldn't have started?...Or do you mean if he was killed before all everyone found out he was the big bad sith?

If the latter, then Anakin would have achieved the rank of jedi master and he wouldn't have fallen to the darkside. Padme would give birth to Luke/Leia, by that time Anakin would have to confront the council about his secret marriage to Padme. Seeing how far Anakin had come, who by this point learned to control his emotions better the council is ok with the marriage as long as the children are taken in for jedi training this being a fair deal the two of them agree and they are sent for training. Meanwhile, the council finds out where General Grevious is hiding and they send Obi-Wan after him and it goes the same as the movies while Anakin is with the 501st liberating other planets from the CIS. Without Sidious being around, the CIS leaders are having a difficult time in making decisions of what to do next.

Later on the leaders of the CIS all go to Mustafar in hiding, the war continues to drag on for a few more years seeing that Anakin was never sent to Mustafar by Palpatine to kill the CIS leaders. At this point, Anakin reached his full potential and has become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with his son right behind him though not quite there yet. Leia however, decides to quit and go into a more political role following her mother in politics. Eventually, the jedi and Republic find out where the CIS leaders are hiding and they send a large fleet to the planet to ensure that they don't escape.

After a long and brutal battle, the CIS are apprehended by Republic forces and taken to Courscant to stand trial where they are all found guilty and sentenced to executions for crimes committed against the Republic. Luke now has achieved the same level of potential as Anakin, and the jedi order thrives until the sith come around again and a new threat emerges.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
05.17.2012 , 08:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
If he was removed from the equation, then the war wouldn't have started?...Or do you mean if he was killed before all everyone found out he was the big bad sith?

If the latter, then Anakin would have achieved the rank of jedi master and he wouldn't have fallen to the darkside. Padme would give birth to Luke/Leia, by that time Anakin would have to confront the council about his secret marriage to Padme. Seeing how far Anakin had come, who by this point learned to control his emotions better the council is ok with the marriage as long as the children are taken in for jedi training this being a fair deal the two of them agree and they are sent for training. Meanwhile, the council finds out where General Grevious is hiding and they send Obi-Wan after him and it goes the same as the movies while Anakin is with the 501st liberating other planets from the CIS. Without Sidious being around, the CIS leaders are having a difficult time in making decisions of what to do next.

Later on the leaders of the CIS all go to Mustafar in hiding, the war continues to drag on for a few more years seeing that Anakin was never sent to Mustafar by Palpatine to kill the CIS leaders. At this point, Anakin reached his full potential and has become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with his son right behind him though not quite there yet. Leia however, decides to quit and go into a more political role following her mother in politics. Eventually, the jedi and Republic find out where the CIS leaders are hiding and they send a large fleet to the planet to ensure that they don't escape.

After a long and brutal battle, the CIS are apprehended by Republic forces and taken to Courscant to stand trial where they are all found guilty and sentenced to executions for crimes committed against the Republic. Luke now has achieved the same level of potential as Anakin, and the jedi order thrives until the sith come around again and a new threat emerges.
By removed from the equation, I mean that the trade feds and their buddies start the war on their own and Sidious doesn't take such a hands on role. Or maybe he starts the war but tries to use it to gain more points with the Senate to create an Empire. But I do see events ocurring as you have described, maybe I have read Labryinth of Evil too many times or something. I do need to catch up on some of my Clone Wars novels
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

xShadowxs
05.17.2012 , 08:18 PM | #6
no he means sidious started the war he planned it way before episode 1 back when he became the dark lord of the sith without him the 20k peace would have keep going since dark jedi were basically burned out and the sith except him were all dead he is the last one considered sith

Aurbere
05.17.2012 , 08:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xShadowxs View Post
no he means sidious started the war he planned it way before episode 1 back when he became the dark lord of the sith without him the 20k peace would have keep going since dark jedi were basically burned out and the sith except him were all dead he is the last one considered sith
I'm not very good at getting my point across. I'll start a thread, but my point will be vague so I gotta make up for it later on.

Eillack
05.18.2012 , 08:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
Without Sidious, there would have not been a Clone Wars.
(see the book "Darth Plagueis", and Episode I and II)
Or watch Ep III.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

CassusVerda
05.18.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
By removed from the equation, I mean that the trade feds and their buddies start the war on their own and Sidious doesn't take such a hands on role. Or maybe he starts the war but tries to use it to gain more points with the Senate to create an Empire. But I do see events ocurring as you have described, maybe I have read Labryinth of Evil too many times or something. I do need to catch up on some of my Clone Wars novels
If they tried to start the war without him he would most likely blacklist them, sever all ties, and have his Ex Jedi Master turned Sith Lapdog, Dooku to mop up, meaning DECAPTIATION!!!!!...via Lightsaber so they don't squeal. He would then place someone more competent to his plans in charge, likely the second in command or another like minded indivual or group that he considered hiring for the plan, but instead chose the ones he did choose. A good Sith Lord always has a backup plan. Palpatine is no exception.

Aurbere
05.18.2012 , 04:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
If they tried to start the war without him he would most likely blacklist them, sever all ties, and have his Ex Jedi Master turned Sith Lapdog, Dooku to mop up, meaning DECAPTIATION!!!!!...via Lightsaber so they don't squeal. He would then place someone more competent to his plans in charge, likely the second in command or another like minded indivual or group that he considered hiring for the plan, but instead chose the ones he did choose. A good Sith Lord always has a backup plan. Palpatine is no exception.
True. Palps probably wouldn't let things happen on their own. This is all speculation of course. My dad actually asked me what would happen so I wanted to get some input from people more learned than I am.