Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Crafting Mats

Honeygurl
05.17.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1
This whole crafting system is screwed up. Sunday i asked someone to make me Exotech Reflex Stims they take 50min to craft, I told them they could COD them to me in case I was on a run. After 3 days i reported them because I never received my items and I got a response of there is nothing they can do about it. There needs to be an option where we the player can craft the item in say 5min.

SturmUndSterne
05.17.2012 , 10:08 AM | #2
And you don't see any potential for abuse in this at all?

You made a bad decision, and you trusted the wrong person. Never trust them again. Simple as that.

Honeygurl
05.17.2012 , 10:44 AM | #3
so I'm never supposed to have stuff crafted again. great point considering only 3 people have the plans and one doesn't play anymore.

wainot-keel
05.17.2012 , 11:02 AM | #4
It sucks that that happened to you. It really does. But you really, really took a huge risk by asking some stranger to do it.

If there were some sort of in-game craft request, perhaps through the GTN, where a commitment from both parts can be arranged, it'd would be different. But now, all you have is trust. And sadly, it's a risk putting much of it on strangers.

SturmUndSterne
05.17.2012 , 11:02 AM | #5
No, you're supposed to not want to change a core game mechanic because you want things in 5 minutes.

Speedcrafting like you propose would completely ruin the idea of scarcity. And if only 3 people have the schematic, and you have the mats for it, why not work toward obtaining it yourself?

GnatB
05.17.2012 , 11:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Honeygurl View Post
This whole crafting system is screwed up. Sunday i asked someone to make me Exotech Reflex Stims they take 50min to craft, I told them they could COD them to me in case I was on a run. After 3 days i reported them because I never received my items and I got a response of there is nothing they can do about it. There needs to be an option where we the player can craft the item in say 5min.
Why on earth would you report them for this? COD = you don't pay until the item is delivered. So it's not like you actually lost anything or were scammed. (except possibly time) And when you decided it was taking so long you could have simply bought them from somebody else and then declined to purchase them when they came in the mail from the guy who took so long. He may have just forgot, or wrote your name down wrong or something. Maybe a BIT rude on his part, but not something you should report somebody for.

Serbegorn
05.17.2012 , 11:57 AM | #7
You fronted him the money? lol, ouch. Lesson learned I guess.

Honeygurl
05.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #8
I never gave him the Money, i gave him the mats. I've done about 20+ HM OPS and have never seen it drop so take your smart comments somewhere else. My post was that this could be a major issue.

Telanis
05.17.2012 , 03:22 PM | #9
I never gave him the Money, i gave him the mats. I've done about 20+ HM OPS and have never seen it drop so take your smart comments somewhere else. My post was that this could be a major issue.
It can only be a "major" issue for people who think that sending strangers stuff for free is a good idea. Don't do it!

With that said, I agree it would be very cool if there were some way to ensure that you'd get the item back in return for your mats, but it just isn't possible. E.g., if you set up a trade where you selected a schem and provided the mats, it would require that one of the other player's companions immediately started crafting it (assuming they have a companion free) and that it couldn't be cancelled before being finished and auto-sent to you. I don't think many people would go for that. The other solution is NPC crafters, which defeats the point of player crafting.

Join a guild and rely on people you trust.

jsmc
05.17.2012 , 04:32 PM | #10
Next time, ask the person to craft it, but arrange a credit payment along with replacement of their own mats.. well, not that same person specifically!