Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Search Issues [BUG]

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JarenWelen
05.15.2012 , 08:29 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I just wanted to check to see if you are still seeing issues with search as you've outlined above. Please let me know, along with any other specific details that you can share. Thanks!
As someone else mentioned: search by text appears to be intermittently affected by a bug. I submitted a ticket last week but to summarise:

If, for example, I enter the text "egg", I get 6 items, all leggings of some kind.

If I type "eggi", I get around 2-3 pages of schematics and leggings.

If I type "unusual", I get 2 Unusual Eggs.

Sometimes this will work fine and I'll get 3 pages of varied results by entering this search parameter, however on numerous occasions I will fail to get all, or perhaps any, results. Bug can be replicated fairly reliably. Hope this sums it up in enough detail.

-J
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Founder/Beta Tester

BlackMink
05.15.2012 , 11:06 PM | #102
Hi folks, I just wanted to check to see if you are still seeing issues with search as you've outlined above. Please let me know, along with any other specific details that you can share. Thanks!
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I am going to chime in here and say that the biggest issue I am having with the GTN is my Legacy ship GTN. You want to talk about not finding stuff when you search... I can't get ANYTHING to come up on my ship GTN. The rumors I am hearing is that it's connected to the nar shadda GTN system, which I have to believe is either a bug or a massive oversight. Reguardless of the explanation, my ship GTN is 100% not useful, and therefore very broken. I have been expecting to see this fixed in every patch that has come along, but so far nothing. Until you guys fix this, this was an unbelievable waste of 5 million credits.

Longarms-IV
05.15.2012 , 11:40 PM | #103
They are merging all the GTNs in 1.3, as I recall. But yes, right now, it's the neutral GTN.
Si tu voulais gangner, pourquoi joues-tu avec moi?

EberKain
05.16.2012 , 06:08 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Longarms-IV View Post
They are merging all the GTNs in 1.3, as I recall. But yes, right now, it's the neutral GTN.
I dont think it was said 1.3 was a timeframe, would be nice though.

Tomisu
05.16.2012 , 06:56 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMink View Post
The rumors I am hearing is that it's connected to the nar shadda GTN system, which I have to believe is either a bug or a massive oversight..
Rumors? Did you read the tool tip on the legacy item? It says very plainly "Unlocks a neutral Galactic Trade Network terminal on all character's ships."

UlaVii
05.16.2012 , 07:59 AM | #106
That's quite unfortunate if you are on an empty server like Hex Droid. I went to the GTN on NS hoping to find some of the crafting mats I can't get on the imperial GTN and it was pretty much empty. I went through each category from top to bottom and found 3 items for sale

Quote: Originally Posted by Customer Services
While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Rhaphael
05.16.2012 , 10:11 AM | #107
Yes I still have issues with search not working correctly. For instance when I select Melee Weapons -> Lightsaber and type in "augmented" or "aug" nothing comes up, but when I manually browse through the entire list there are plenty of augmented lightsabers for sale.

BlackMink
05.16.2012 , 03:40 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Longarms-IV View Post
Thats another nice rumor I have heard, but I don't recall seeing an official dev statement to that effect. And even then, 1.3 isn't even on the test server yet. It could easily be a month or more away yet. The ship GTN is essentially non-functional NOW. It has been since it was added in 1.2 a month ago. There is no good reason for the devs to leave the single most expensive purchase in the game broken until 1.3, whenever that is. This is something that is in the game, right now, that should be fixed.

And for the record, my server has a pretty good population, not the highest, but far from the lowest. Simply put, no one on my server is using the NS GTN. As it stands, this thing should have cost 5k, not 5m, given how valuable it is.

JovethGonzalez
05.16.2012 , 03:54 PM | #109 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks everyone for your responses. I've submitted feedback to our developers and they are currently investigating. I'll be sure to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience, and apologies for any inconvenience.

Tomisu
05.16.2012 , 04:24 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMink View Post
The ship GTN is essentially non-functional NOW. It has been since it was added in 1.2 a month ago. There is no good reason for the devs to leave the single most expensive purchase in the game broken until 1.3, whenever that is. This is something that is in the game, right now, that should be fixed.

And for the record, my server has a pretty good population, not the highest, but far from the lowest. Simply put, no one on my server is using the NS GTN. As it stands, this thing should have cost 5k, not 5m, given how valuable it is.
It isn't broken! It is working as designed as stated in the patch notes and as stated in the tool tip of the box you clicked to buy it. I understand you have buyer's remorse but they didn't hide that it was the neutral GTN, you just missed that part, that's your own fault. I agree with you that it isn't worth anything but that's why I didn't drop 5M on it. I will once it ties into the faction GTN though.