Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major Game Content Ideas

Daethorz
05.16.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I always seem to be thinking about things id love to see in the games that I play, especially MMO's, here is a couple things I gave alot of thought about.
Updated post 1.3, added Battlefront style warzone suggestion.
Valid Point to Save Swtor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vswwri10x1M&feature=plcp
Great Suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4943910

Swoop Racing:
  • PvE and PvP Battles, increase in ranks.
  • Fully Customizable Swoop's, Just like your ship, but with even More different parts, and with the ability to repaint your ship, add logos and such.
  • Multiple tracks on different planets, possibly add more with patches just like warzones, possibly get the community to do tons of daily's to unlock a new swoop track.
  • Gambling, Gamble and Watch other players in PvP Matches.
Equipment Examples: Give up a Turret for a Shield Emitter, or vise versa, parts would be like, Multiple Engines, Maneuverability Flaps, Shield Emitters, Mine Bays, Dust/Snow bays to blind a enemy, and turrets.
Kotor Swoop Racing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bewv8eX0_Uw

Pazzak Mini-Game(Swtor's Blackjack)
  • PvP and PvE Matches (Gain or Lose Credits)
  • Public Leaderboards, win/loss counts of the top players.
Kotor Pazzak Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG_23DY0YNg

Dejarik Mini-Game(Swtor's Chess)
  • PvP and PvE Matches (Gain or Lose Credits)
  • Public Leaderboards, win/loss counts of the top players.

PvP Space Battles & Ship Improvements
(All Separate Suggestions)
  • Fly your ship during combat, no more autopilot.
  • Instead of getting a ship, buy your own ship from a list of ships, like mounts.
  • Personalize your ship by repainting both the inside and the outside.
  • Buy your own furniture and recolor it for inside the ship.
  • PvP Space Battles, 1v1, 2v2, and more.
  • PvE Space-Flashpoints, go to war on a enemy destroyer or a unidentified alien ship, could possibly add new spaceship gear.

Customize your Vehicles
  • Re-Paint your Vehicles to fit you personally.
  • Cybertecs: Makes Engines & Maneuverability Upgrades
  • Artfice: Makes different color Crystals for Flame colors

Battlefront Style Warzone
Based on the space battles from the star wars Battlefront games.
  • Sabotage the enemy team's ship
  • Fly smaller fighters into battle, destroy enemy ships & capital ship emplacements.
  • Pilot Capital Ship Turrets to shoot down enemy sabotage teams & bombard enemy ship
  • Slowly repair devices on your ship, such as turrets.
Battlefront Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFV58nF280Y

Hutt Pitt (Arena)

One major difference between this and WoW, do not base balancing on Arena, if people don't like how its going down, unless its major, ignore them, this would be a (MINI)-Game
  • Fight other players in PvP Combat, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5
  • PvE mode where you solo or bring a few Friends to fight waves of enemy's, see how long you can last!
  • Gamble on other players fighting in the arena, you can't see their names or stats, just team colors.
Example (Skip to 3:20): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX2XmGJyCZI

Non-Major Suggestions:
  • Button to Hide Each Companion's Helm -Bioware confirmed
  • Signs to show which way class hangers are (When i was new this was anoying)
  • More Activity in planets, like more speeders flying around in Nar Shadda with a graphic ability's, to lessen the amount or increase the amount of flying objects.

All of this would add tons of fun stuff to do & people wouldn't get so bored so quickly, heck, id be playing right now instead of posting this.

Simple MMO Math: More Different Things to do = Content Lasts Longer and Stays Fun Longer

Sofspades
05.17.2012 , 09:11 PM | #2
Right now there seems to be other things that Bioware needs to focus on (like ranked wzs and end game content), but you have some very good suggestions. In fact Bioware has already talked about including pazaak, and I remember the devs saying that they might make colour crystals work with mounts (different lighting) so some of these are spot on. While space combat is a fun minigame from time to time, SWTOR needs something more, and swoop racing would hit the spot. Right now there are no community building mini games and this would do just that.

I have been dying to customize my ship, and they could make some cool editions, like choosing a different ship droid or have your choice of star wars music playing in the background when you get on (I want to hear this sith opera that everyone talking about in game).

I have never though about hangar signs, but that makes total sense, would make spaceports more convenient to get around and they have all of the material in game already. I would suggest this in the weekly developers q&a.

Daethorz
05.19.2012 , 08:02 PM | #3
Bioware needs to hurry up with new endgame content like i listed here... or risk losing tons more people & going f2p...

Daethorz
06.20.2012 , 01:11 PM | #4
D:, Bump, does no one like my ideas?!
Daethz Anoseff The Bastion
Intel i5 3570k ::: Asus P8Z77-V LK ::: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 Mhz ::: Crucial M4 256GB SSD ::: EVGA Superclocked 550ti 1GB ::: Corsair 750w Semi-Modular PSU
My List of Suggestions

Newyankalt
06.20.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
We need hot dog stands.

Benets
06.20.2012 , 08:32 PM | #6
Ideas not bad, the hard part is bioware notice it. I already post a lot of ideas; world pvp and ships and operations.

The more we see and comment others idea i guess is more likely they notice too.

ps: I put the links to my threads here. See it. TY.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Daethorz
07.11.2012 , 04:54 PM | #7
Issue is until they add enough amusing content, people (like me) will get bored and have minimal reason to log in...
They could release a patch with swoop racing, well made, in it, and i would go out and buy more gametime almost immediately because i would know that i would need it, but right now i hold off untill the last second, because i get bored between patches with nothing to do, especially when it just adds a new queing system.
Intel i5 3570k ::: Asus P8Z77-V LK ::: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 Mhz ::: Crucial M4 256GB SSD ::: EVGA Superclocked 550ti 1GB ::: Corsair 750w Semi-Modular PSU
My List of Suggestions

Chaori
07.19.2012 , 05:43 PM | #8
Great list of suggestions, more focused on mini-games/entertainment rather than end-game content - which is great.

At the moment the main flow of people are just hitting 50 then doing PvP/PvE to get their desired gear sets, and apart from that there isn't much else to do. I think most of your suggestions would make it pretty fun for people that don't want to get end-game gear or people that already have it. Would be better than idling in fleet all the time lol.

/signed

Daethorz
07.19.2012 , 07:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
Great list of suggestions, more focused on mini-games/entertainment rather than end-game content - which is great.

At the moment the main flow of people are just hitting 50 then doing PvP/PvE to get their desired gear sets, and apart from that there isn't much else to do. I think most of your suggestions would make it pretty fun for people that don't want to get end-game gear or people that already have it. Would be better than idling in fleet all the time lol.

/signed
Well, i think that swoop racing would be a new form of endgame content allowing us to compete just like you would in lets say,, a rated warzone, we could upgrade, be better than everyone else, get on teams possibly and simply have fun.

Swtor reallys needs some of this stuff.. Its hard to say because of how much hatred i have about it.. but Swtor is just like WoW now.. people sitting around waiting for their ques doing nothing else...
My List of Suggestions

Listerman
07.19.2012 , 08:10 PM | #10
I like the ideas. Would love to see them.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."