Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Vendors....

Cortalis
05.09.2012 , 03:05 PM | #1
Ok, forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm not a noob by any stretch of the imagination but i can't get my head around this idea at all.

On your class legacy vendors, there are various item of gear that you can buy for ten of thousands and even hundreds of thousands of credits, that require legacy levels to be unlocked. These are Orange, unmodded items that carry a mod slot less than normal items that can be bought from planetary vendors for a fraction of the cost.

Why carry these items at all, i can see no practical use for the gear as it is geaed toward initially lvl's 14 - 20, and how many level 14 characters are going to have 50k credits just to buy a belt or bracers.

The other thing i would like to try and figure out is how you get the construction kits for the other atricles the vendors have, the Birthright series for example.

You get a weapon kit at completion of chapter one, you are approx lvl 30 and the weapon kit is for lvl 14. I know the whole premise is to pass on to a lower level alt but seriously. Does thatr mean you get a different kit at completetion of chapeters 2 etc, cos i didnt.

At least let us choose what type of item we an get as our 1st legacy reward so we can pass on something useful.
"Something...Something...Something...Daaarksid e"

Owsley
05.09.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2
Your lvl 14 character might not have the credits but your legacy 50 should and he would email the credits to him along with the kit.
Kits are also rare loot drops. I got one from a slicing mission.

I agree that this stuff seems worthless. You can buy orange items with planet commendations. There is no compelling reason to have any of this. I havn't look real close but are any of the items legacy bound? If they are you could pass them down to new characters you create, but outside of that I cannot see any benefit.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

RThorek
05.09.2012 , 03:16 PM | #3
Also note that belts and bracers do not have 3 mod slots, only 2.

Cortalis
05.09.2012 , 03:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Your lvl 14 character might not have the credits but your legacy 50 should and he would email the credits to him along with the kit.
Kits are also rare loot drops. I got one from a slicing mission.
Thanks, i aint got a level 50 yet, casual gamer that takes time to really enjoy the content, plus i tend to play solo as my playing time tends to be when everyone else in Europe is asleep, perils of shift work im afraid. didnt know about the slicing missions, will have to make a few skill ammendments. thanks
"Something...Something...Something...Daaarksid e"

redfurry
05.10.2012 , 03:26 AM | #5
I think all mission skills have a small chance to reward Inheritance / Birthright Kits. I got one from Diplomacy once. I've seen one or two drop in Heroic or Flashpoints.

Before 1.2, moddable belts and bracers were only available as quite rare drops, so the fact that you can just go and buy one is kinda awesome. 75K credits are quite fast to get at level 50. It may seem like only two mod slots is bad, but you may have noticed green or blue bracers and belts also have less stats in general than other pieces. As a point of comparison, a belt with armoring and mod from Corellia commendations has significantly better stats than most blue belts that drop from normal Flashpoints.

I agree that the rest of the Legacy set pieces don't seem to make much sense. I've heard some sets have aesthetical value; others don't even look different from the ones you can get with commendations.

Mrpoodles
05.10.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
they need to lower the credit cost of that gear for sure.

i hate spending that much on the gear when i just want to enjoy leveling my new alts and look like a boss while doing so.
DDE Owner saving money like a boss. CE Owners CLICK Help Fuzzy! http://twitter.com/#!/FuzzyTauntaun

Quinlynn
05.16.2012 , 11:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RThorek View Post
Also note that belts and bracers do not have 3 mod slots, only 2.
Dont all belts and bracers have only two slots?

Owsley
05.16.2012 , 11:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Dont all belts and bracers have only two slots?
Yes, they cannot use enhancments, only armor and mods.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man