Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

Insacrunis
02.27.2012 , 04:33 AM | #21
Bumping this. The abilities that are mapped to the mini bar are useless and we need the flexibility to move them around.

For instance, for Khem Val I need his taunt & the aoe ability on the bar so that I can use them on demand. Taunt is there (thankfully) but the AOE is not.

What makes it worse is there doesn't appear to be any fanfare when you get a new ability so Khem had this great new ability that was breaking all my CC and I had no idea what was causing it until a sniper I was in a group with assured me that it wasn't him breaking the CC!

Baelish
02.27.2012 , 06:38 AM | #22
They're doing a big revamp of the UI "Real Soon Now!" and maybe this will be among the changes. Hope so. It's not exactly something they can just shim in during a standard weekly maintenance, so there's no point clamouring for it to be done 'immediately'.

LarryRow
02.27.2012 , 12:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Baelish View Post
They're doing a big revamp of the UI "Real Soon Now!" and maybe this will be among the changes. Hope so. It's not exactly something they can just shim in during a standard weekly maintenance, so there's no point clamouring for it to be done 'immediately'.
Actually, of the various improvements I've seen people ask for, the ability to rearrange companion quickslots looks like one of the easiest.

JustOneRandomGuy
02.29.2012 , 05:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ylaenna View Post
Yes, please!
  1. Be able to rearrange companion abilities on companion bar.
  2. Be able to place companion abilities on regular (non-companion) bars.
  3. Be able to use keybinds for an ability assigned to a quickslot even if the quickbar is hidden.
Full support for all listed!
Zavaht Nalgorath : Assassin on the server Ebon Hawk.

NoaFlux
05.16.2012 , 10:44 AM | #25
They have not done this that I know of so I am going to repost this thread!

Caligari
05.16.2012 , 10:55 AM | #26
These are still all great ideas, and would be wonderful improvements to helping control and utilize companion abilities.

obiwanwiz
04.23.2013 , 05:10 PM | #27
I have the companion quickbar full out as i like it but would like to be able to move the abilities around,
so it would be easyer for me to check cool down timers on there abilities when in combat

Frog_brains
04.24.2013 , 10:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by obiwanwiz View Post
I have the companion quickbar full out as i like it but would like to be able to move the abilities around,
so it would be easyer for me to check cool down timers on there abilities when in combat
first of all Great job on resurecting this thread, you sir are the necro king!

I completely agree with these suggestions. at the very least allow us to hotkey/keybind abilities while the companion bar is minimized. with some of the characters it's not a big deal , but when you're rolling around with Hk and his assasinate stack is full it'd be nice to just tab>hotkey>kill, instead of either leaving his toolbar open all the time or having to open it up tab>hotkey>close

Emperor_Grimoire
07.10.2013 , 06:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by frog_brains View Post
first of all great job on resurecting this thread, you sir are the necro king!

I completely agree with these suggestions. At the very least allow us to hotkey/keybind abilities while the companion bar is minimized. With some of the characters it's not a big deal , but when you're rolling around with hk and his assasinate stack is full it'd be nice to just tab>hotkey>kill, instead of either leaving his toolbar open all the time or having to open it up tab>hotkey>close
yes.

Why isn't this a thing yet?

Dikeinabox
10.04.2013 , 01:21 AM | #30
I google searched to see if I was stupid not figuring out how to move abilities around the companion quickbar, turns out it doesn't exist! yay.
For the (insert generic nation state here)!