Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Obi-Wan seem more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why does Obi-Wan seem more powerful?

Devilishmutt
05.15.2012 , 10:32 PM | #1
EVERY time i watch STAR WARS i always wonder, Anakin Skywalker is supposed to really powerful right?
But why does Obi-wan Kenobi seem more powerful? im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2012 , 10:36 PM | #2
Because he is THE master of Soresu, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in Anakin vs Obi-Wan, he took a rather big gamble with the cliff.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking
05.15.2012 , 10:36 PM | #3
Because in their battle, Anakin went to the Sith way but hadn't learned how to control his anger and hate. So his arrogance caused his defeat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Because he is THE master of Sosoru, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in most of his fights, Obi-Wan took a rather big gamble.
It's quite useful against Anakin's Djem So, but no match for Dooku's Makashi.

Captain_Zone
05.15.2012 , 10:50 PM | #4
Not only did Obi-Wan master Soresu, but its sub-form, Trollesu. (Wolf, you KNEW this was coming)

Here's the basic trollspeak of how the final moments of the fight went down on Mustafar:

Obi-Wan: *Jumps to the top of the hill* "You iz a nub and ain't gonna make that jump, foo!"

Anakin: "I iz more leet pwnage than you can possibly imagine!!!!" *JUMPS*

Obi-Wan: *Slices and dices* "Now you iz much SHORTER than I can possibly imagine.... n00b!"

And here's the opening of his battle with Grievous:

Obi-Wan: "Sup, foo?"

Grievous: "Da hell????"
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Devilishmutt
05.15.2012 , 10:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Because he is THE master of Soresu, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in Anakin vs Obi-Wan, he took a rather big gamble with the cliff.
I meant with the force dude

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2012 , 10:53 PM | #6
Yes, yes, but if Anakin still had troll spray this would have happened instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rP5iqx6T8#t=9s

Jokes aside though, thats pretty much the gamble Obi-Wan took on the hill it could have easily backfired on him.

Edit: "Oh the force, not so sure on that. I mean ya their force pushes canceled eachother, but Obi-Wan does have a very powerful force push. Other force feats though, can't say haven't seen/read enough.

Devilishmutt
05.15.2012 , 11:01 PM | #7
No...what im saying is anakin is the chosen one because of his force abilities and all that but how many times have you seen anakin do something AWESOME with the force in the movies compared to how many times you have seen OBI-WAN do AWESOME with the force?

'You underestimate my power!' Anakin Skywalker to Obi-wan Kenobi

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2012 , 11:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilishmutt View Post
No...what im saying is anakin is the chosen one because of his force abilities and all that but how many times have you seen anakin do something AWESOME with the force in the movies compared to how many times you have seen OBI-WAN do AWESOME with the force?

'You underestimate my power!' Anakin Skywalker to Obi-wan Kenobi
They never really do anything AMAZING with force powers in EP 3, other then the force push and jump. (If I am remembering right)

Devilishmutt
05.15.2012 , 11:09 PM | #9
But still doesnt Obi-wan seem more powerful? Anakin sucks like as far as i can remeber has he beaten a sith lord by himself besides dooku? obi-wan has beaten tons.

Wolfninjajedi
05.15.2012 , 11:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilishmutt View Post
But still doesnt Obi-wan seem more powerful? Anakin sucks like as far as i can remeber has he beaten a sith lord by himself besides dooku? obi-wan has beaten tons.
Not really, he beat Dooku who was one of the jedi order's greatest swordmasters. Obi-Wan has only beaten Maul(even then he didn't kill him), and got whooped by Dooku twice.