Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resetting Flashpoints?

shamrockgold
12.17.2011 , 05:41 PM | #1
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. After making some progress in a flashpoint, my partner DC'd, and with the queue why wait an hour to finish the thing. So I tried joining up with someone else, and since they hadn't started yet, hit reset in the quest menu to start from the beginning.

The only problem is that no matter what combination I do of abandon/reset/grouping, it always puts the group back where I was. I was able to reset it once, out of group, when I was going to try to solo it.

Anyone encountered something like this?

Symbiose
12.17.2011 , 08:30 PM | #2
I had a similar situation, where I DC'd halfway through the flashpoint. I was able to log back on fairly quickly but when I grouped back up I got a message stating that I was entering an encounter already in progress and asking if I wanted to reset the instance. Of course I did NOT want to go back through half the instance again (the flashpoints can be rather lengthy for two people) but after clicking reset, it actually still put us back where we were..not the beginning.

I think regardless of what you select you will be "saved" to whatever progress you have made that day, since I believe I read somewhere these can only be completed once per day. the reasoning is probably so that people don't continuously run the flashpoints over and over to gear/level really fast...just my guess. But yeah, whatever progress you have made for the day does not seem to be "resetable". Of course I could be wrong, but it didn't reset for me...and as I said I do remember reading somewhere the flashpoints were supposed to be doable once per day.

ajwags
12.17.2011 , 09:50 PM | #3
I'm trying to get into the Esseles flashpoint. No matter what i try with resetting or whatever, i cant get in. I'm lvl 22 and have not done this one yet. Or any flashpoints yet for that matter.

Any suggestions?
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Kill the enemy.

shamrockgold
12.17.2011 , 10:17 PM | #4
See, I did have it reset once though. Or maybe even twice. But that was as a solo player. Sometimes when I tried to reset and went back through it was saving my progress. It never would work out for a group though aside from starting new at the first run of the day. It's a little inconsistent.

Oh well, I'll just go for it tomorrow and hope no one crashes, haha.

MorgothQuick
12.17.2011 , 11:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ajwags View Post
I'm trying to get into the Esseles flashpoint. No matter what i try with resetting or whatever, i cant get in. I'm lvl 22 and have not done this one yet. Or any flashpoints yet for that matter.

Any suggestions?
Having this exact issue. I have no idea what causes it. I'm lvl 13 and it keeps telling to reset, though when this is done it fixes nothing, and just keeps telling me I need to reset the flashpoint. If this is the 1st flashpoint in the game it will put people off. Should be looked into asap, if it takes too long to fix and is prevalent with all flashpoints then I'm considering cancelling my game time.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed what the issue was. The game does not tell you this, but you need to ensure *all* of your flashpoint *quests* (not flashpoints themselves mind!) are reset. I reset my Hammer Station Flashpoint quest (even though I hadnt done any of it, just picked it up), and then I could mysteriously enter the Esseles flashpoint.

So, if the game wont let you enter, reset all your flashpoint quests, as well as the flashpoint. Bit annoying that the game does not tell you this though, as it wasted a hell of a lot of time for me.