Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic Zone: Taris Crashing Issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Republic Zone: Taris Crashing Issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

--Alerion--
05.14.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
Hello, this is just a curious report on some crashing issues I have been having while playing Republic toons and attempting to quest on Taris.

Note that I have rare occasions where I do crash randomly, only from SWTOR since patch 1.2, however it has been smooth running for a while, except for the time I spend on Taris. Sometimes I can stay for hours on the planet without anything happening, and sometimes I can't stay on for more than 12 minutes or less before crashing to my desktop.

These crashes can happen during random moment, such as simply running around the planet, though upon study I noticed that crashing has happened most often when engaging in conversation with a quest NPC.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, I have read before that Taris had some issues, and then the 1.2 crashes in addition to that.

Smaois
05.14.2012 , 03:39 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings --Alerion--,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues in game.

Please use the repair function on the Launcher.

Login to the Launcher and click on the cog icon in the bottom left hand corner and then click on 'Repair'.

Please post here if you require further assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

--Alerion--
05.14.2012 , 03:45 PM | #3
I'm unable to use the repair option, it is grayed out for me.

Smaois
05.14.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by --Alerion-- View Post
I'm unable to use the repair option, it is grayed out for me.
Greetings --Alerion--,

Thanks for trying that.

Please run the FixLauncher.exe file which can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Once this is done, please try running the 'Repair' function as advised above.

If you require further assistance, please post here.

--Alerion--
05.14.2012 , 03:54 PM | #5
Alright, I ran the FixLauncher, opened my SWTOR launcher, went through an "Updating launcher" phase, it finished, still unable to activate the Repair option.

Smaois
05.14.2012 , 03:57 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by --Alerion-- View Post
Alright, I ran the FixLauncher, opened my SWTOR launcher, went through an "Updating launcher" phase, it finished, still unable to activate the Repair option.
Greetings --Alerion--,

Thanks for try that.

Please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.(Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe in your anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

You should also check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system, including the optional updates such as .NET framework and Visual C++ features.

Please also ensure that you run the Launcher with Administrator privileges.

Once this is done, please login to the Launcher again and try to run the 'Repair' function .

We hope this resolves the issue for you!