Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Story : Reliving our toon's story ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Story : Reliving our toon's story ..

dprijadi's Avatar


dprijadi
05.14.2012 , 02:22 AM | #1
as i make more toons for each class, i longed to see my toon's class story got saved so i can view them later.. how fun it is / nostalgic to see our progression from a lowly trooper / jedi , finishing chapter 1, 2 and 3 and doing all the companion quests/storyline..

i want option for those that finished their class story , to replay our own class story complete with the choices that we made before..

as SWTOR is a story driven MMO, this is a must have feature =D

Lithy's Avatar


Lithy
05.14.2012 , 03:52 AM | #2
This would be nice, my first 3 characters I'd like to see again without having to level a new one..

I've started recording my new character with xfire, its free and pretty good quality.
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
05.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #3
I record my class conversations with FRAPS; took some time and setup to get the recording/compressing/filing system down, but I'm glad I did it.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and replay critical conversations, not to change history but just to see what the resulting lines would have been. Kind of a "what if?" thought/viewing exercise, no more.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Kalterien's Avatar


Kalterien
05.14.2012 , 11:32 AM | #4
ah.. the "what ifs" conversations. I remember spending a lot of time hitting escape after essentially picking the first time the conversation options that were most character appropriate for the situation. Just always bugged me that what showed up on the wheel and what the character said sometimes was just so different.

I think I need more space on my external harddrive though to store all the stuff I have Frapps, good thing there's youtube. Though it would be nice to just be able to relive some of those moments in the character story seeing as I can't remember what I did for my JC or my Trooper early on.

Celacia's Avatar


Celacia
05.14.2012 , 11:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I record my class conversations with FRAPS; took some time and setup to get the recording/compressing/filing system down, but I'm glad I did it.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and replay critical conversations, not to change history but just to see what the resulting lines would have been. Kind of a "what if?" thought/viewing exercise, no more.
Even just to rewatch what i did say. I blew through pretty much all the companion/romance stuff with Corso on my smuggler, and most of the Vector stuff on my agent before it occurred to me to start recording these things. Watching other people's youtube videos doesn't really work, because of different conversation paths.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
05.14.2012 , 11:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
ah.. the "what ifs" conversations. I remember spending a lot of time hitting escape after essentially picking the first time the conversation options that were most character appropriate for the situation. Just always bugged me that what showed up on the wheel and what the character said sometimes was just so different.

I think I need more space on my external harddrive though to store all the stuff I have Frapps, good thing there's youtube. Though it would be nice to just be able to relive some of those moments in the character story seeing as I can't remember what I did for my JC or my Trooper early on.
Ha! Once I get emotionally involved I start shooting from the hip, to the point where I scan the conversation options and choose the only one my character could possibly say in about 0.25 seconds per choice. This means I get intense, involved, exciting, and often self-defeating plots (whoops); it also means I don't remember to ESC out and record alternatives.

I've found Youtube great for checking the romance lines, since people label those clearly. Anything else - and even romance variations - can be hard to find.

In single-player RPGS back in the day I would make a named save point before major conversations. And then play and replay and replay. Heck, after I got annoyed at Corso in this game, I went back to Alistair in DA:O and broke up with him just to reassure myself that at least one guy could be honest but gracious and respectful about it.

In SWTOR I can't run off save points like that, so I can't ever revisit, play through, and discard alternatives. Kind of a downer.

...and totally not the reason I'm blitzing a second femWarrior to Act 3.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Kalterien's Avatar


Kalterien
05.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #7
@ephemera

Yeah, I found it hard to find the romance variations soooo.. I started making those myself. Unfortunately, I can only really do that when my husband's not at home since he looks at me funny everytime I start replaying a conversation multiple times. The bad thing is, is that I didn't record most of the early ones for my trooper, my male IA and my female SW so I'm missing a whole lot of conversations, you know because rejecting those poor companions over and over again is just so much fun. I did load up a couple of the "rejection" vids onto youtube, mostly because I figured someone else might be curious about them since you don't see them at all for the most part.

I'll umm.. have to blitz through atleast the SW and IA again just to redo some of the conversations, especially the SW since I remember a few of the Quinn conversations really well and the response Pierce has to a comment you make near the end of his chain. I sat there laughing afterwards and forgot to hit ESC.

Path-x's Avatar


Path-x
05.14.2012 , 02:15 PM | #8
Yes it would be nice if you could only reset the class storyline and companion lore. Being able to replay all class quests without having to do all the side quests and leveling would be great.

Pubsam's Avatar


Pubsam
05.14.2012 , 07:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ha! Once I get emotionally involved I start shooting from the hip,
Haha, yeah this exactly.

I would love this feature, but I don't really think it's a big deal to just roll another character if I want to see the story again. Breeze through the non-class content, and fraps it so I don't have to do it again!
Time for a nap.

dprijadi's Avatar


dprijadi
05.15.2012 , 05:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
female SW , I'm missing a whole lot of conversations, you know because rejecting those poor companions over and over again is just so much fun..
definitely a female player here =D

the only companion i found funny to reject is corso.. others arent that interesting to watch though..