Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Player First Impressions and Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
New Player First Impressions and Questions

Lymain
05.11.2012 , 03:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
The other downer is since getting to Balmorra nobody seems to be doing heroic missions. It was real easy to put a group together on Korriban and Dromund Kaas, but everyone seems to be soloing on Balmorra. Hardly any LFGs in the Social Window, and almost no responses when people ask in General Chat. I'm ready to leave the planet as far as my character story is concerned, but there are still seven or so heroics I haven't done, and I'd like to. Do I have to resign myself to the fact that I'm not going to get to do them? Would be a shame to miss out.

Finally, I have slight concerns about my rate of levelling. I seem to be at a much higher level than the planet I'm supposed to be on is designed for. I haven't been pursuing any kind of conscious power-levelling strategy, I've simply been playing the content that has been put in front of me. My concern is that the game will become too easy. Am I doing something wrong? The reason I'm a little worried is that I noticed I had missed an heroic mission on Dromund Kaas and so went back to do it (just felt like it). I totally curb-stomped these guys who previously could kill me just by looking at me. Their shots were literally just bouncing off me and doing no harm at all, while I slowly walked around dispatching them one by one. It was great fun to feel like such a baddass for a change (the person I was playing with thought it was hilarious), but obviously, if the whole game becomes like that it will get boring very quickly.

Do I need to worry about this? What should I do about it?
Heroic Missions: Yeah, it's going to be difficult to find groups for these. I personally enjoy them a lot, but the general feeling among players seems to be that they aren't worth the time. One thing to keep in mind is that you can probably solo [HEROIC 2]s and duo the [HEROIC 4]s, at least if you have a companion geared up. It's challenging if you haven't outleveled the content much, but that kinda makes it fun.

Rate of leveling: You don't need to do everything with one character. The game is set up so that you can level 1-50 by only doing basic solo quests if you choose, which means Flashpoints, Heroic Missions, Space Missions, Warzones, and the "Bonus Series" planet quests all grant experience beyond that basic solo leveling path. But that's a good thing! You can choose to skip, for example, the world quests on Nar Shadda this time around and really focus on them on your next character. Doing the same content every time you level a character would get boring.

PLynkes
05.14.2012 , 04:14 AM | #22
Quick update: The guild thing is really working out. Spent the weekend doing group content for the most part. The people in my guild seem very keen to help out someone looking to group. For both Heroics and Flashpoints, it has been quick and simple to find people to play with thanks to the guild. Everybody seems well into the idea that we are there to help one another whenever we can. Cool new toys from the Guild Bank, too.