Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Hole and Campaign Gear for Sentinel/Marauder.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Black Hole and Campaign Gear for Sentinel/Marauder.

Edgedy
04.24.2012 , 03:11 AM | #11
What drives me crazy is, if you want to give us more health. That's fine, put it on the mods, put it on the enhancements. Don't put it on our main set of armoring, that's just retarded.

Edgedy
04.24.2012 , 07:59 AM | #12
Alright here's a template of what 'ideal' mods are required, and as it turns out I will need to get 7 mods from the vigilance set of armor for the guardian class for my Sentinel. The good news is they exist in 2 of the Sentinel piece as well.

But regardless, here's the notes.

Black Hole Itemization -

Medium armoring
Boots - +68 Strength/+49 Endurance,
Gloves - +68, 49.
Legs - +68, 49.

Chest, Head - bad armoring modifications.

Heavy armoring
- helm - +68, 49
-Chest - +68, 49

Campaign
Heavy armoring
-chest - +68, 49. (Will it come with guardian set bonus? Probably not worth getting. )
-helm - +68, 49 (Will it come with guardian set bonus? Probably not worth getting. )

Sentinel
-Boots, gloves, +68, 49. (augmented gear possible)
-helm - bad. (will have to retain Rakata set piece for 4 piece bonus)
-Chest - bad. (augmented gear possible, using black hole chest mod no set bonus)
-Legs - bad. (will have to retain Rakata set piece for 4 piece bonus)

Want Enhancement (in enough mixes of gear to get a full set before the rest)
+27 endurance, +57 accuracy, +41 critical
+27 endurance, +41 power, +57 surge

Want Mods
+68 str,+41 end, +12 power
+68 str, +41 end, +12 crit

Campaign Heavy DPS
HEAD (proper modification)
CHEST (proper modification)

Campaign Medium DPS
BOOT (proper armoring modification)
GLOVE (proper armoring modification)

Lostpenguins
04.24.2012 , 09:31 AM | #13
And what will happen? Eventually they'll figure out that once again their stat itemization is wrong (Seriously, BW, how can you mess this up twice in back-to-back sets?). Will they fix it for these sets? Nope. They already chickened out of fixing the Rakata gear so don't hold your breath that they'll ever fix the bad itemization in this gear.

RocNessMonster
04.24.2012 , 09:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Balrizangor View Post
Marauders are not off tanks ....
Give them guard and they are. A good DPS can hold aggro on a single target easily enough.
I need about tree fitty.

Edgedy
04.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
And what will happen? Eventually they'll figure out that once again their stat itemization is wrong (Seriously, BW, how can you mess this up twice in back-to-back sets?). Will they fix it for these sets? Nope. They already chickened out of fixing the Rakata gear so don't hold your breath that they'll ever fix the bad itemization in this gear.
I am hoping that Bioware reads this and can fix it before the Nightmare versions come out so that I do not have to waste 2 months (8 weeks *if* I get a piece every week) to gear up in this set. It may take more if the dice gods do not favor me on the loot rolling.

P.S. Pfft, maruaders don't need guard to hold threat hehehe.

Lostpenguins
04.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgedy View Post
I am hoping that Bioware reads this and can fix it before the Nightmare versions come out so that I do not have to waste 2 months (8 weeks *if* I get a piece every week) to gear up in this set. It may take more if the dice gods do not favor me on the loot rolling.

P.S. Pfft, maruaders don't need guard to hold threat hehehe.
Sure they'll read it, but they won't do a single thing about it. People complained about bad stats for a while on Rakata gear and how they had to strip enhancements out to put in Columi ones. When they finally cowboy up to make the change, too many criers caused them to revert it back and leave it alone.

Nothing will change here. Your view is optimistic, but unrealistic. Maybe this is there way of having Marauders compete with classes who have to get two sets for dual specs. /sarcasm

Edgedy
04.25.2012 , 07:13 AM | #17
Except this isn't just about stats it's about CUSTOMIZATION. Which is #1 on Bioware's priority.

They promised us the ability to remove the armoring mods from our gear and put them into sets.

But to promise that, and then give us tank armor seems to be a contradiction. Sets need to maintain the class armoring that is best for said class. Tank ones for tanks, Sage healers need to maintain armoring which does not give them too much endurance as it cripples them. Sentinels need might ones so that they can actually do more damage, it's not like they don't get endurance that way also.

Lostpenguins
04.25.2012 , 09:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgedy View Post
Except this isn't just about stats it's about CUSTOMIZATION. Which is #1 on Bioware's priority.

They promised us the ability to remove the armoring mods from our gear and put them into sets.

But to promise that, and then give us tank armor seems to be a contradiction. Sets need to maintain the class armoring that is best for said class. Tank ones for tanks, Sage healers need to maintain armoring which does not give them too much endurance as it cripples them. Sentinels need might ones so that they can actually do more damage, it's not like they don't get endurance that way also.
Believe we, you're preaching to the choir. You and I both agree BW's itemization of class stats for armor sets is bad. My sorc DPS guildie and I were complaining about it last night. He's in full Rakata gear (moved to Orange Augmented gear). He was looking last night and noticed that the difference between some campaign piece versus it's Black Hole Piece was -10 Willlpower, + 10 Endurance... going from Black Hole to Campaign.

What the...?

That's just bad.

BadNewss
05.13.2012 , 04:15 AM | #19
this makes no sense to me... why would the new gear which is supposed to be better, lower my primary stats by a boatload! Its not like its a little bit. Its a huge amount...Maybe if you are going to do something that makes no sense at all, you should try to explain it. Do the people who make the armor stats not know anything about the game?? this confuses me so much..
Makes me not even want to get any blackhole gear or work towards any campaign because all it does is raise my health but lower how much dps i do

SentinelBorg
05.13.2012 , 12:41 PM | #20
It's the same **** with Guardian DPS gear, Tank armorings everywhere.
Jaffnar - lvl 50 Guardian (Tank/DD) War Hero <Frostbringer> @ Jar'Kai Sword (EU)