Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How are you liking 16-mans?


Qonor's Avatar


Qonor
05.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1
Our guild does 8-mans, so I've never tried a 16-man. How are you liking 16-mans compared to 8-mans? More fun? Less fun? Same thing but you happen to have a guild with enough for 16, so that's why you do 16s?
Marqus Deception Assassin
Maelstrom Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

TheOnyxHero's Avatar


TheOnyxHero
05.13.2012 , 11:10 AM | #2
They are fun and pretty much same difficulty on most fights, can be harder on other fights.

Only problem I have is the game isn't optimized well for 16 people and if you don't have a great machine, you'll take a massive hit in FPS going to 16man. I drop from 30-50 fps in 8mans to 15 or less in 16mans.
The Fatman
Dibella 50 Sith Assassin
Landros 50 Sith Marauder
Vibella 23 Sith Juggernaut

Xenotoxic's Avatar


Xenotoxic
05.13.2012 , 12:36 PM | #3
My guild is currently doing 16 man hardmode content, up from 8 man hardmode. I prefer 8 players because at least then you know everyone in the group. The more often you group with them, the better you get to know them and their playstyle. This is obvious, but it's harder to organize 16 people to log on than it is for 8. Also, a bigger group usually means you're carrying a few baddies with low awareness. Loot takes longer to pass out, people tend to AFK more between boss pulls, and sometimes people come and go as they please. The only good thing I've noticed about 16 man is that clearing to bosses feels faster.

At least with 8 players, you can have an easier time scheduling or rescheduling operations.

Qonor's Avatar


Qonor
05.13.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnyxHero View Post
They are fun and pretty much same difficulty on most fights, can be harder on other fights.

Only problem I have is the game isn't optimized well for 16 people and if you don't have a great machine, you'll take a massive hit in FPS going to 16man. I drop from 30-50 fps in 8mans to 15 or less in 16mans.
Hmm, the frame rate hit is one of my main concerns. That's a shame.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Maelstrom Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Naizgrel's Avatar


Naizgrel
05.13.2012 , 01:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenotoxic View Post
My guild is currently doing 16 man hardmode content, up from 8 man hardmode. I prefer 8 players because at least then you know everyone in the group. The more often you group with them, the better you get to know them and their playstyle. This is obvious, but it's harder to organize 16 people to log on than it is for 8. Also, a bigger group usually means you're carrying a few baddies with low awareness. Loot takes longer to pass out, people tend to AFK more between boss pulls, and sometimes people come and go as they please. The only good thing I've noticed about 16 man is that clearing to bosses feels faster.

At least with 8 players, you can have an easier time scheduling or rescheduling operations.
bosses are easier on 16 men, your argument is invalid.
Sev, i know you are alive.

Qonor's Avatar


Qonor
05.13.2012 , 02:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Naizgrel View Post
bosses are easier on 16 men, your argument is invalid.
That's actually what I remember BioWare stating a few months back. I wish I could find the post.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Maelstrom Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
05.13.2012 , 04:36 PM | #7
Lets not start the 8 vs 16 man difficulty argument again.

It kinda depends on the guild. In WoW i loved 25m for the challenge, but found 10man to be a more relaxing and more social (talking with everyone a bit more). Especially as a tank who often had to lead stuff, 10m was more relaxing.

In SWTOR, I think 16m is probably more fun, there's usually more joking around etc. But that may be down to being in a very fun social guild The fps drop is not so great though.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
05.13.2012 , 08:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Naizgrel View Post
bosses are easier on 16 men, your argument is invalid.
16man is harder than 8man still.

My guild has cleared 8man HM EC and 16man HM EC, and I can tell you that 8man is a joke in comparison.

Polymath's Avatar


Polymath
05.13.2012 , 09:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
16man is harder than 8man still.

My guild has cleared 8man HM EC and 16man HM EC, and I can tell you that 8man is a joke in comparison.
You have more than 16 people on your server at once? impressive that is.

Rekkx's Avatar


Rekkx
05.13.2012 , 09:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
You have more than 16 people on your server at once? impressive that is.
You can prove anything with statistics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Badgerpanic
Now, take a deep breath, remember that this isn't real life, and CALM. DOWN.