Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my money back

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 08:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raz_Eye View Post
You obviously have never worked in customer service or have no understanding of it...the customer is the reason they can pay their bills and feed their family...so yes...treat the customer like a king...you ever heard of a company profit with no customers? lol

Giving the customer is treating you like S@#T that is...lol
I have worked in customer service since I was 12 years old. I'm 35. Think again.

Foenixz
12.17.2011 , 08:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by moiraesfate View Post
I have worked in customer service since I was 12 years old. I'm 35. Think again.
ummm ... that would violate the labor laws of every state in the union.

YOU try again
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

CobblerDude
12.17.2011 , 08:44 PM | #13
Unfortunatelly i can not play the game because of a graphical issue. I have updated my drivers, fixed the graphics on my game to the lowest possible, and done many other things but it still fails to let me see. I can only see 2% of the time. Then the textures are only partially correct. The framerate is beautiful and what i can see is awesome but i can not play!!!! I can not get in contact with support. EA can not help me (I tried calling them).

This is outragous! What do i do?

Incadude
12.17.2011 , 08:49 PM | #14
Yeah good luck getting your money back but i would prob just quit and warn others about the problems. I cant believe this game is having this much problems and its just a few days before launch. What a bummer...

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 08:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
I do work in customer service and this is a crock.

The typical end user is a friggin idiot. So to assume they know what you are talking about is a delusion.

I spent 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone friday describing to a user how to close down tabs in Firefox. To make matters worse he didn't know what an address bar was. So 1/2 of the time on the phone with him was telling him how to type: www.google.com and where.

And you think they need to be treated like a king?

They need to be treated with respect and patience yes. But not spoonfed like some wow newb. There is a fine line customer service reps will not cross. And if you worked in customer service you'd know where that line is drawn.

There are some people that you just can't help. And you have to know when to say no. Or tell them to have someone who knows what they are doing to be present when they ask for help.

To the OP: if you aren't a PC technician find someone who is and then ask for help.
When I worked as an internet tech for comcast doing network phone calls, I had this lady call and say "Yeah, I spilled some soda on my modem, so I thought I'd clean it. I filled the bathroom sink with water, put the modem in to wash and then plugged it back in. Now it won't work. I want a new one because this is your fault, and I want it for free".

And this is only one of the stories. You would not believe some of the others I've heard.

Like when I got yelled at for 45 minutes called every name in the book because at the time Comcast was the only service that required an 8 digit pw when everyone else was 6 digits. It was so bad that I was crying, and my work took me off the phone for an hour and a half or I'd have walked out.

Or how about this... I work in the hotel industry at this time. How about the bride that hung her wedding dress from the fire extinguisher on the ceiling, set it off, and cost the hotel $80,000 in damage because she destroyed every room on the floor because of this when all the carpets, drapes, wallpaper and furnishings, but decided that it was the hotels fault because the fire extinguishers were too sensitive and the hotel should pay for her dress as well as soak up all the cost for the damage.

Or how about the team that decided it was funny to put every piece of furniture around the pool inside the mirrored elevators, and broke FIVE mirrors. Then in their rooms, they broke a chair and a tv (they smashed it). And they said it wasn't their fault even though we had them on camera in the pool area and those were their rooms and those rooms were fine in the morning.

Or how about the family that caused $45,000 damage to two rooms because they literally destroyed every piece of furniture, the carpets, the drapes, the tile in the bathrooms, and everything in the entire rooms had to be completely replaced right down to the paint on the walls removed and repainted because they decided to do something so disgusting and nasty to them that it would have been a serious health hazard to the hotel. But they thought they should get away with it.
There's more but you get the point.

And just for the final story of the night but by no means the last of the litany of customer stories that I have....

On Thursday, I had a girl call to cancel over a special event date. In my area, its a 30 days cancellation and everyone is informed of that on booking. I told her I couldn't cancel it and why. She was nice but called back again about a half hour later to ask about our cancellation policy. She was nice again, but her boyfriend called back about 10 minutes later screaming at the top of his lungs so loud that I had to pull my headset away from my ear so I didn't go deaf. He wouldn't let me finish a single sentence, wouldn't tell me his name, or his phone number so I could give it to a manager to call him back, or anything else. Just screamed at me until I finally hung up on him.

Yes, that actually happened. The typical end user is an idiot. Most customers think they can do no wrong, and that its ALWAYS the fault of the CSR even if they did something stupid like cut the wire to their internet because they were trying to install something in their yard and dug in the wrong spot (yes, that one happened too).

Look, I'm just a clerk. I have NO power to refund money whatsoever. No power to give discounts. I can't even see the amount you've been charged. I answer phones, make reservations, cancel reservations within the policy date, and thats about it. I'm not trying to be cruel to you. Frankly, I don't care about you. I just want to go to work, have a day wiith a minimum of hassle, and go home for a good nights sleep.

So you know what? I will defend the Bioware CSR's till my last breath. Because I have been there. I AM there. There is NO REASON to treat CSR's badly. They are just doing their jobs. And you know what? If you are nice, and polite, you are much more likely to get what you want than if you are nasty to them.

The customer is NOT always right, now matter what they want to think. And they do not deserve to be treated like kings. Respectfully yes, but you are not the President or the Queen or the King. You are one person in a sea of people.

You have a problem? That's fine. Then get it dealt with, but if nothing else, please please be polite to the agents when you do it. They aren't out to get you.

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 09:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
ummm ... that would violate the labor laws of every state in the union.

YOU try again
I wasn't born in the US (I live in the US now). I was born in Canada. I worked part time (two hours a week) as a figure skating coach when I was 12, and then again when I was 13. I made $5 an hour which was enough to pay for my figure skating lessons yearly. Oh and btw, this was with my parents permission, and it was my idea. They couldn't afford to pay for my lessons, so I found a way I could.

So no, I'm telling the truth. You just don't like it.

Xfraze
12.17.2011 , 09:15 PM | #17
I work in customer service as well and everything moiraesfate said is 100% true.

There are some truly terrible CSR out there, don't get me wrong, but most of them are just regular people following company policy because it's their job. Half the time, we think some of the rules are stupid our self, but in a day and age where everything is automated, it's pretty hard to cut people slack on certain things without being fired.

That said, the amount of abuse CSR deal with is astonishing. To the point where a lot of people burn out quick, either in the work place or in life. You wouldn't want to be called by some person you've never met before and yelled at, and even if you are, you can just hang up and file a police complaint if it keeps up. CSR don't have the choice.

Incadude
12.17.2011 , 09:21 PM | #18
Your paid to service the customer not to lead them in circles lol

Hatred
12.17.2011 , 09:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raz_Eye View Post
You obviously have never worked in customer service or have no understanding of it...the customer is the reason they can pay their bills and feed their family...so yes...treat the customer like a king...you ever heard of a company profit with no customers? lol

Giving the customer is treating you like S@#T that is...lol
thats McDonalds way, and is so wrong.

i deal with people all day in my line of work and i treat them normaly, like poeple, not like S@#T and not like kings, just like people, becouse thats what they are.
Killer 87% - Achiever 40% - Socializer 40% - Explorer 33%

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 09:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xfraze View Post
I work in customer service as well and everything moiraesfate said is 100% true.

There are some truly terrible CSR out there, don't get me wrong, but most of them are just regular people following company policy because it's their job. Half the time, we think some of the rules are stupid our self, but in a day and age where everything is automated, it's pretty hard to cut people slack on certain things without being fired.

That said, the amount of abuse CSR deal with is astonishing. To the point where a lot of people burn out quick, either in the work place or in life. You wouldn't want to be called by some person you've never met before and yelled at, and even if you are, you can just hang up and file a police complaint if it keeps up. CSR don't have the choice.
Yeah, if I had the power, I'd give alot of these people discounts, and complimentary rooms. Sometimes what they're going through really is horrible. There are times when the stories are so bad, and the guest is crying on the line, that it has almost brought me to tears.

I had one lady who called to say her 7 year old daughter was just killed on her bicycle when she was hit by a car and she was crying her eyes out. I'd have cancelled it in a flat second without charge, but I don't have the power to do that. I felt so bad, and I couldn't get ahold of any manager to give me permission so I had to tell her I couldn't help her.

It's not a CSR's fault that tech isn't working, or that management set a policy they can't change. CSR's don't want to be yelled at any more than you want to have problems. If they could fix it, they will.