Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need rolling for companion loot: Fair?

crangorw
12.17.2011 , 08:35 PM | #11
2 with a but if no one in the group can use the loot i dont think asking if its ok to need for pet is out of order.

Me and a friend have been questing together using the consular pet to tank on the rare occasion we have added someone to our group we explain the pet will get a need on heavy armour if he needs it as he is the tank. not grouped with a heavy armour wearer so its all been fine and would give the actual player prio if we did.

NuCleAR
12.17.2011 , 08:35 PM | #12
Number 2. Do NOT roll need on loot for your companion, that is just plain stupid.
Simply don't do it. Ever.

snooggums
12.17.2011 , 08:42 PM | #13
1 or 2

I also will be starting my own groups so everyone is clear that each player decides for themselves what they Need and there will be no needy whiners who think they are more entitled to loot than someone else because they prefer raiding over content that uses companions. I'll personally Greed if it's orange and purple and a character needs, but I might Need on blues, because blues are just blues...

ViperI
12.17.2011 , 08:48 PM | #14
In guild groups, I greed for companions, or simply ask in teamspeak if anyone minds that I roll need for a companion. In a pug, I feel that all loot is fair game. All 4 players participated and thus contributed to the success of the group so I feel everyone should have a chance to roll for loot that they will use (even if they use it on a companion).
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

snooggums
12.17.2011 , 08:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
In guild groups, I greed for companions, or simply ask in teamspeak if anyone minds that I roll need for a companion. In a pug, I feel that all loot is fair game. All 4 players participated and thus contributed to the success of the group so I feel everyone should have a chance to roll for loot that they will use (even if they use it on a companion).
^ This is how it should be, there is no reason a pug deserves an item more.

I'll be forming my own and making that clear though, and not re-invite those that need on everything. There is a gray area between never need for companions and always need on everything that drops after all.

ParaB
12.17.2011 , 08:52 PM | #16

Anyone rolling need for companion gear would get a kick in my groups.

Skarrd
12.17.2011 , 10:29 PM | #17
The fact that this even is a question and not obvious is disheartening.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

lnknprk
12.17.2011 , 10:53 PM | #18
2, just in general.

To me companions are for questing, so getting the nicest gear for them is a bit unnecessary. You equip them with whatever gear you have lying around, and it gets the job done. If everyone decided that it's fair to roll need for your companion, then it essentially becomes 4 players in a party, but the rolling is as if there was 8 people in the party. That pretty much screws people out on loot.

A companion should just never come before an actual player. It sort of reminds me of the debate of people rolling need for an alt. It's not quite the same, but it's similar.

Parkerdude
12.18.2011 , 03:17 AM | #19
If nobody needs it, you may ask if you can take it for your companion.

MrSarcastic
12.18.2011 , 03:23 AM | #20
Hey look, it's PvP!
Quote: Originally Posted by mandrillagon View Post
Harbinger and Swiftsure are flooded with Oceanic players. I wish they would just make those official Oceanic servers and let the rest of us escape those locust nests.
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightReece View Post
Tell me what lvl 50 is like and I will tell you what a woman feels like.