Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Insanely bad lag spikes

googleeyes
12.16.2011 , 08:39 AM | #1
The game is almost unplayable for me. Every few minutes I get a lag spike to 20,000 ping and my game is basically frozen. I can move around but it's like running into invisible walls constantly and can't attack. It's especially annoying when I am in the middle of fighting someone in a mission and then die because of the lag.

I know for a fact it is not my ISP because I don't get these spikes in any other game I play.

googleeyes
12.16.2011 , 08:45 AM | #2
Is no one else getting this???

dexxterjackson
12.16.2011 , 08:47 AM | #3
0 Lag for me man, and I have played sense the 13th about 8 hours a day. Try lowering your settings. My wife's computer isn't as good as mine and she was getting a bit of lag, so she lowered her settings.

Wrexxxx
12.17.2011 , 12:41 AM | #4
Word for word what happens to me, i have great FioS internet. Some server based problem that seems to be common. Please fix this!!!!

Khardamon
12.17.2011 , 05:59 PM | #5
Same exact thing has been happening to me, but just noticed it starting today. I did not notice it during my beta weekend (~3 weeks ago), and I did not notice it when I got my Consular up to level 3 on Wednesday night this week of early access.

But starting this morning when I logged on, same as the OP. I can play sometimes for 2-5 minutes just fine, five bars showing, then bam - latency shows in the 10s of thousands. That will last anywhere from 10-20 seconds, then it disappears. But it kept happening.

I've run speedtest, both before and after a modem/system reboot, and all appears to be fine. I loaded up another game with multiplayer and did not notice anything odd with the latency. Could it be something specific to this build?

For the record, I have most stuff on medium, bloom and shadows completely off just in case, but I had everything on Wed. night and it worked fine. Due to the fact that it's not a consistent issue, but a spike/sporadic issue, has me wondering. Anyone that has some insight - please share!

Thanks!

areghas
12.17.2011 , 08:35 PM | #6
Same thing happens on my wife's laptop sitting right beside my desktop. Its not an internet issue. and the game plays smooth and flawlessly for 5-60 minutes, then gets seemingly random stuttering spikes that last about 15 seconds.