Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Pyro, easiest class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Pyro, easiest class?

MinguesDew
05.12.2012 , 05:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Sorry, but this thread insinuates that any class is difficult to play in this game.

Truth is, all classes are easy to play well.

All classes are more difficult to play REALLY well.

/thread
He doesn't insinuate that at all... you just inferred it so you could sound like an elitist blowhard.

Responding to the OP, no I don't think so because PT pyro has awful defensive cooldowns so if you mess up and get out of position you will die, and fast. Marauders and sins can be much less tactical and survive, I guess I'd say those classes are a little more forgiving.

GregMD
05.12.2012 , 05:18 PM | #22
all classes are pretty easy to play but powertechs are the easiest class I've ever played in any game

Owynyo
05.12.2012 , 05:26 PM | #23
Please explain to me how a Rage Juggernaut is harder to play
Halvaar

XTREDEN
05.12.2012 , 05:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post
think sage/sorc is easier

once you get the talent to give tele throw no cooldown
I have a powertech pyro, arsenal merc, marauder and a sentinel, a balance sage and a sorc starting up same right side tree. Actually I have every class except guardian/jugg past 20 come to think of it.

The powertech is "easy" because its almost all instant, very mobile and hits like a truck. Not to mention you cant really get away from me if I don't want you too. The problem for me with it is resource management (heat) and that's why I think the sage/sorc has it beat.

While my sage doesn't seem to have as much burst, I can literally tele-throw an entire match and the only thing that stops me is dying, which is actually tough if I am watching my arse. Bubble, force speed, instant lifts of multiple targets, stuns and throw backs. Its when I get focused I am stopped. Now I am not going to obliterate anyone, but I if I can put up pressure so much that 2 or 3 people have to stop and focus on me that's pretty strong. Cant get much "eaiser" than: tele-throw, tele-throw, <click other random ability>, tel-throw, tele-throw :|

Sent and Marauder (watchman and annihilation specs) are easily the fastest burst classes imo, and 1v1-2 I feel like I have more options that most my other classes for a win, though my gunslinger is getting pretty bursty too. PT Pyro is up there as well, but like i said resources get to be an issue. Sage/Sorc though is like A- damage, no resource problem and B-B+ defense. Oh and you can also bubble/heal your team pretty good. Just squishy if caught.