Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being squishy is not easy...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Being squishy is not easy...

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:36 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackiemesser View Post
^This

Also:
No one should expect any sort of survivability in pvp while keyboard turning, back-pedalling and clicking abilities. Binding your abilities to keys and learning how to move effectively is not a matter of personal preference it is absolutely necessary to even have any chance of success in pvp.
No matter how clunky and awkward it may feel at first you will never even have a chance of becoming a good pvp player unless you do these most basic things.
I am retired and used a computer before you in 1976 most likely. I used comptuers for 8 years before the Mac introduced the new thing called a mouse. And even that took 2 years before you saw it on other computers.
So it is like touch pads today will be the standard and kids in the futre will ask what the hell is a mouse.
As for me using keyboard it is hard to quit when it took 14 years before mouse turns became a standard.
Besides this is a game not a way of life or a religion.
Try to enjoy it not use it as a ego boost to feel good about yourself. Well because that is what many kids do today.

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:42 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
major l2p issue here.
Thanks post your Epic video and show everything like a man and not cutting out mistakes like a human.

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:45 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
Wow, judging from the video, i can faceroll you inside out without even looking at the screen...
Kool so post a video of just how wonderful you are. Always room for unfounded claims of super human PVP.

Besides I never said I am epic or have a ego. Not a claim you can presently make huh?

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ItGetsAllOver View Post
All of these elitist l2p posts remind me of WoW five years ago.
Yea all the clowns that sucked the fun right out of WoW and why I left after 6 years playing.

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:49 PM | #35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoL6Z...1&feature=plcp

New video of Metalmac at 50 for 4 weeks.

I post these for fun, not to claim I am epic. If you have a problem with this then post your own.

HurricaneXXIV
05.12.2012 , 03:50 PM | #36
You play the least forgiving class on position and moving. It's very tough being squishy. If you don't mind me asking have you ever unbound you turns on D and A and rebinding strafe on these two buttons? It will force you to move quite a bit differently but will stop a Mara or Op from getting an extra shot on you every time they get to you.

I applaud your "this game isn't life" attitude and hope you continue to enjoy this game.

Metalmac
05.12.2012 , 03:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by HurricaneXXIV View Post
You play the least forgiving class on position and moving. It's very tough being squishy. If you don't mind me asking have you ever unbound you turns on D and A and rebinding strafe on these two buttons? It will force you to move quite a bit differently but will stop a Mara or Op from getting an extra shot on you every time they get to you.

I applaud your "this game isn't life" attitude and hope you continue to enjoy this game.
Thank you very much a refreshing veiw and help at same time.

I use a Mac Pro and the arrow keys next to the number pad. As a programmer I always hacked games to fix the WSDE or ASWX as I have very short fingers so just a bad habit for the last 16 years. I need to use the Control key next to the Arrows as a modify key so the Arrow keys become strafe keys. Something I did in WoW.

Thanks for the pointers and good luck to you. Oh and a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoL6Z...1&feature=plcp

fungihoujo
05.12.2012 , 04:35 PM | #38
You're playing a terrible spec, first of all. You aren't using your heals, the environment, and CC particularly well- you're clicking and backpedalling.

Though it is true that you're playing a squishy class with no defensive CDs, and yes, you do little in ways of damage, are easy to interrupt- and overall as a sage you're the worst class in the game by a long shot.... you're playing a bad class at half it's actual potential. Can you ever be good enough to roll with good players? No- unless you're carried naturally- but, if you get better you'll be able to beat bads- which is luckily 95% of players.