Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fat Man Server population limit concern

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The Fat Man Server population limit concern

Anomini
12.16.2011 , 06:06 PM | #11
Eeek, yeah, kinda hoping that they do something about the limit or offer transfers or something, cuz I just went to log in...am 980 in line and have over 1 hour wait to get in. It's not even the 20th, so I shudder to think of what might happen then. Hopefully though, they're just running things at 2/3rds capacity in expectation for when things go officially live. Nevertheless? I have friends who have yet to roll on there, and I don't know if they have the time to wait an hour (or even 30 mins) just to log in and play. Yesterday, the game crashed to desktop, and it took 45 mins to log back in again. Meep. ^_^;

Not logging out doesn't work well either. I have a family to deal with, I can't be expected to stay logged in 24/7. Nor is this that-other-game-which-shalt-not-be-named, back in the dinosaur mmo days! ;p

But I'm sure it will get sorted out (or - at least - I hope it will!).

JasonV
12.16.2011 , 06:10 PM | #12
Yeah, you guys need to do something... a queue of 1000+ is absurd.

Suba
12.16.2011 , 06:12 PM | #13
Im hoping once we hit the 20th and metrics favorable they will be raising caps to allow more on at a time. Server stability has been quite awesome and I suspect they could raise caps

Crackerjacks
12.16.2011 , 06:14 PM | #14
The funny part is my guild got assigned to fatman, we didn't even pick the damn place. I just wanted to let bioware know this is a very big issue for a lot of people who don't get tons of time to play.

There needs to be xfers off the server or a way to get the population in line. This is definitely going to get worse the longer it takes, as more people will get entrenched on their server.

AndrewJSt
12.16.2011 , 06:16 PM | #15
I really hope they do something. My guild got assigned this server, or we would just move to a less populated one.

TEHDARKNEZZ
12.16.2011 , 09:19 PM | #16
The server sizes are a problem, yes... but it would be better if you could transfer characters. If you have a level 30 character on a server I don't think your going to want to go to another server and start all over again, even if it is just waiting for the other server to be open. I would really like some character transfers, that way they could get more people on. Also, how the hell is the game so populated already? Almost ever server is full. Is it like, 500 to a server or something?

Walrusfemer
12.17.2011 , 08:04 PM | #17
its happening to my server to, its bad i get like 30 mins to 1 hr at peak times and it suck they should make the server twice as big.

Walrusfemer
12.17.2011 , 08:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xhazx View Post
Server pop increase or free charecter transfers
Both is a good idea *wink,wink*

Paralassa
12.17.2011 , 08:10 PM | #19
Hi there!

There is an active discussion thread for this topic:

Raise Server Population Caps

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!