Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remote holovid conversations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Remote holovid conversations

Claymaniac
12.17.2011 , 06:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aarowill View Post
so it seems only heroics are capable of this?
No, I have participated in a number of them in normal quests. I didn't have to change any settings to do so.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

MouseNoFour
12.17.2011 , 06:34 PM | #12
It is actually a really nice option.

I remember on DK where my group had just done a heroic, but only one wanted to turn it in straight away. 3 of us wanted to go do other missions but 1 wanted to hand it in, so when he initiated the conversation, all 4 of us participated - 3 via holocall and 1 in person. It was really neat considering we could all fully participate despite not being anywhere near the actual mission giver. 3 blue holograms and 1 person in a conversation - all players nowhere near each other. EPIC!

Darth_Fu
12.17.2011 , 06:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by aarowill View Post
I dont see any grouping heading or section in preferences.
you are talking about pressing esc then preferences right?
Yes, its in there under one of the headers... says somethign like "allow friends to participate in story missions" or something like that.

EDIT: funny all these posts but not one is helping you find were to turn it on.
These Queue things you speak of... are they a rare drop? i have never seen one. - Darth_Fu
The problem isn't the question, but rather understanding the answer.
The truth is only what you believe it to be... until proven otherwise.

Peerless_One
12.17.2011 , 06:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Fu View Post
Yes, its in there under one of the headers... says somethign like "allow friends to participate in story missions" or something like that.

EDIT: funny all these posts but not one is helping you find were to turn it on.
You are thinking of the option "Allow Access To Same Class Story Areas". This option allows two members of the same class enter each other story arc areas. It has nothing to do with holoview in turning in missions.

This happens automatically.

Darth_Fu
12.17.2011 , 06:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Peerless_One View Post
You are thinking of the option "Allow Access To Same Class Story Areas". This option allows two members of the same class enter each other story arc areas. It has nothing to do with holoview in turning in missions.

This happens automatically.
so your saying that one thats at the quest giver when they see the biiig green circle. isnt pressing the group chat option?
These Queue things you speak of... are they a rare drop? i have never seen one. - Darth_Fu
The problem isn't the question, but rather understanding the answer.
The truth is only what you believe it to be... until proven otherwise.

Aevar
12.17.2011 , 07:11 PM | #16
In a Flashpoint, you are required to participate in every conversation, whether you holocall or enter the green circle and select enter convo.

Outside of that, the person who initiated the conversation for a regular quest giver has the option of waiting for party members to join the convo (if they are eligible), or selecting to start the convo without the party members.

This funtion does not require any settings to be switched in preferences

jtzako
12.17.2011 , 07:17 PM | #17
It definitely works on all outside world Heroic missions. It doesnt work in Flashpoints or most heroics that take you inside a phase.

Aevar
12.17.2011 , 08:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
It definitely works on all outside world Heroic missions. It doesnt work in Flashpoints or most heroics that take you inside a phase.
It worked just fine in both Esseles and Black Talon, what are those then?