Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: Where is all that Orange Armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bioware: Where is all that Orange Armor?

Tyraeston
05.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #41
it is great to see so many people expressing these issues. This is some important and simple to implement yet Bioware is going the long way around. Why?
Disingenous - A very good word for what we see going on.

We just wanted a simple appearance tab.

If a Developer has read this thread, Please, Please just bup so we know you are hearing us.

Xxantak
05.07.2012 , 12:20 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Reenox View Post
I agree that their is not enough schematics for the orange gear available in the game, and more should be made available to customize your apperance.

At present my main character has the legacy belt and bracers.....both guns and his chest piece as custom augment armour. But will i be forced to grind my valor rank once i start getting campaign gear?.... At the moment the answer is yes due to the lack of options available.

Bioware should implement the following.

1/ Make schematics drop from low level flashpoints to enable learning of orange gear sets avalible in these. This would aid leveling players, with the credits.... they can make selling these to high level crafters.

2/ A choice to buy the schematic instead of a armour piece when completing heroic quests.

3/ Schematics for high level columi/rakata sets available to purchase with tionese cystals. This would encouraged geared players to still run the flashpoints.

Also most of the armour sets are just chest/legs/helm ...... it would be better to finish these sets with glove and boot schematics, thus not forcing limited options i.e pvp sets.
This^^^^

My hat is off to you on this post. Well thought out and a more than reasonable thing to ask of them. Having something to actually spend tionese comms/crystals on is something that needs to be implemented and schems for the empty shells would be perfect. I have nearly 400 of each on my main and at present they are completely useless as my companions already have better than tionese so they just keep building up. I'm quite certain I am not the only one who has an abundance of these with nothing to spend them on, and they just keep rolling in.

g_land
05.07.2012 , 01:55 PM | #43
My questions is, "Why did PVP get orange boots and gloves that could be crafted, if they can do it for pvp why not add a couple for PVE?" Not everyone PVPs and to cut folks out from having augment slots in orange armor on the those body slots because they don't PVP is frankly rediculous. They are clearly pandering to the PVP crowd even when they release new end game gear that still looks horrid!

Vedread
05.07.2012 , 03:46 PM | #44
Thank you were are our boots and gloves, I have a tank that i raid with and a sorc healer as well now my healer is for mainly pvp alt runs etc my tanks my main so now my tank cant get full augmented gear because i don't pvp on him. It is just awesome I love being gimped with no word on when its going to change.

sambeta
05.08.2012 , 04:32 AM | #45
Another bump. Not letting this topic slip.

Sziroten
05.08.2012 , 08:05 AM | #46
http://blog.askmrrobot.com/

according to this graphic, you can get schematics for head, chest, legs, hands, feet, wrists and waist from reverse engineering campaing gear (supposed to work with empty shells)

evanfardreamer
05.08.2012 , 08:19 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Vedread View Post
Thank you were are our boots and gloves, I have a tank that i raid with and a sorc healer as well now my healer is for mainly pvp alt runs etc my tanks my main so now my tank cant get full augmented gear because i don't pvp on him. It is just awesome I love being gimped with no word on when its going to change.
I was under the impression that raid difficulty was tuned for gearing without augments - so not having augments in a couple of slots wouldn't make one gimped, but would simply limit how far above the curve you can go. And with augments in every other available slot, that's pretty far. I don't see this as the huge problem everyone seems to make it out to be.

Thaed
05.11.2012 , 06:50 PM | #48
Updated OP to reflect todays Q&A, in which they managed to answer our question while addressing someone else's.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.