Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
And nothing on dead servers etc. Keep ignoring reality bw...
We actually addressed server issues in a previous Q&A and will have more information on character transfers very soon.

DarthDemens
05.11.2012 , 05:05 PM | #12
Quote:
Deewe: With the locked companion specs, some of us feel like being forced to use specific companions versus choosing them for their personality and look. Is there in the works any kind of feature mitigating this issue (hint: companions kits)?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Companions in BioWare games have always been fully developed characters with their own backgrounds and skills. While you can change between a couple different approaches with each, we do not presently have plans to make Companion Characters interchangeable.
Every other Bioware game with companions allows you to:
A) Bring more than 1 companion with you at a time
B) Adjust (within reason) the skills of your companions.

TOR does neither of these, meaning that if I want to bring a Healer, I have exactly one option. And with certain classes, the Healer companion has a story that doesn't mesh with the playstyle. The most egregious example being the Sith Warrior and Quinn.

More specifically, both the Inquisitor and Warrior are given the choice of either bringing their Healer companion or of drastically increasing their chances of defeat, should they choose to bring their Apprentice.

Options to solve include:
A) Allow limited customization of Companions, similar to the skill points of DragonAge or KOTOR, possibly through a Companion Talent Tree.
B) Allowing multiple companions to be used at any time. 2 companions at minimum, 3 would be ideal for Flashpoints and Heroics.
C) Create multiple versions of each companion, similar to Jaesa. The companions personal story could change based on the decision, to more appropriately mesh with the players choices.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

JovethGonzalez
05.11.2012 , 05:05 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Allyhoo View Post
I'm disappointed there will be no Q&A next week...I also couldn't tell from the post if the switch to once every two-weeks is permanent or just for this next time. I hope it isn't permanent
The reason (as stated in the blog) is so that we don't end up with a Q&A with the same questions asked over and over and the same responses from the devs about features coming soon. We've taken your feedback and we wanted to be able to choose new questions that result in in-depth answers from our developers. This way, we can accumulate questions for two weeks and choose from there.

We'll definitely monitor community reaction to this and then decide from there if we want to continue to do weekly or bi-weekly Q&As.

Jandi
05.11.2012 , 05:17 PM | #14
You. once again, pick questions that have already been answered yet nothing on twi'leks and hoods and if you guys will ever enable twi'leks to wear hoods without the lekku clipping through the back by making the hood force the lekku to be pinned to the chest. It's been asked in every Q/A thread yet *nothing*.

Thaladan
05.11.2012 , 05:20 PM | #15
Quote:
Rickety: I'm currently the Division Captain for The Old Republic within The Older Gamers community. I am responsible for multiple guilds spanning all three regions. Several of our guilds have issues with the current guild limit of five hundred Characters. Are there any plans to increase this limit or alternatively, to introduce an in game 'Guild Alliance' system?
..... what a joke....

several servors are under 150 connected and i read that

that's too much

ps : seriously..is it a joke??

Mara muerte, pugneta

Nyteblades
05.11.2012 , 05:24 PM | #16
What they should say is we are waiting every 2 weeks to get enough questions on anything besides what needs to be addressed. Because thats basicly what they are doing.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.

gibmachine
05.11.2012 , 05:25 PM | #17
When I saw SW storyline spoilers I was so hopeful that here will be something about Quinn and what MAY OR MAY NOT happen in regards to him and one particular situation. Meh, maybe somewhere down the road.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Dracosz
05.11.2012 , 05:28 PM | #18
Not a word on ranked warzones or premade queues, just a little tidbit mentioning class balance and huttball and how we'd have to wait for matchmaking. My guild and I are getting fed up and we're bleeding absolutely phenomenal players. Dancing around the issue isn't helping, so let me pose a simple question to you.

WHEN?
||||Watch my stream at ||||
www.twitch.tv/lakhiz
|||| Rank Something High Vengeance Juggernaut PvP On EVERY Day!||||

Jauhar
05.11.2012 , 05:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The reason (as stated in the blog) is so that we don't end up with a Q&A with the same questions asked over and over and the same responses from the devs about features coming soon. We've taken your feedback and we wanted to be able to choose new questions that result in in-depth answers from our developers. This way, we can accumulate questions for two weeks and choose from there.

We'll definitely monitor community reaction to this and then decide from there if we want to continue to do weekly or bi-weekly Q&As.
IMO, that is impossible to do since there are alot of questions you are not answering that are being asked over and over. So I think it is more the case that you are avoiding the players' important ones and that it is getting harder and harder for you to answer the easier, not so important ones.

Cupelixx
05.11.2012 , 05:43 PM | #20
Maybe in 2 weeks, you guys can come up with some real answers on the game's abysmal performance problems. Especially when it comes to PvP/warzones. Are you ever going to answer these questions with something other than "we're looking into it"? Or are you going to keep taking the coward's way out and pretend the questions aren't being asked over and over on the forums?
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.