Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A May 11th, 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.11.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!

Celwinn
05.11.2012 , 04:24 PM | #2
At least I know why the warzone vendors were taken out.

Here's an alternate suggestion for the repair:

Why not use Warzone Commendations for the payment of the repairs? I'm not talking about 100 comm repairs, but a simple 10 commendations would work right? That's basically a match right there, would make sure people actually play the match.
Don't let the past define you

grezgorz
05.11.2012 , 04:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
At least I know why the warzone vendors were taken out.

Here's an alternate suggestion for the repair:

Why not use Warzone Commendations for the payment of the repairs? I'm not talking about 100 comm repairs, but a simple 10 commendations would work right? That's basically a match right there, would make sure people actually play the match.
That would require advanced 'tech'.

Gnoblesse
05.11.2012 , 04:36 PM | #4
There were multiple questions asked about PvP healing, and the TTK since 1.2. None of which were really addressed. *le sigh*

Lord_Karsk
05.11.2012 , 04:41 PM | #5
Apart from the alacrity question the Q&A as always was useless.
As the poster above said, nothing on TTK and the death of PvP in swtor.

And nothing on dead servers etc. Keep ignoring reality bw...

DesonEQ
05.11.2012 , 04:43 PM | #6
Quote:
Deewe: With the locked companion specs, some of us feel like being forced to use specific companions versus choosing them for their personality and look. Is there in the works any kind of feature mitigating this issue (hint: companions kits)?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Companions in BioWare games have always been fully developed characters with their own backgrounds and skills. While you can change between a couple different approaches with each, we do not presently have plans to make Companion Characters interchangeable.
Develop some then because your design made all that effort a waste. In your single player games, while there may have been optimal choices, usually you got to use more than one and picking the ones you liked most didn't affect gameplay so dramatically. Speaking as a Sith Warrior player that loathes Quinn, it's completely impractical to use any other companion because Quinn as the only healer so dramatically improves survival and downtime. Same goes for a Powertech Bounty Hunter. The mechanics force the choices unless you want a much less enjoyable play experience.

Kourage
05.11.2012 , 04:44 PM | #7
All boring questions that have nothing to do with my game play.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

JohnnyVelocity
05.11.2012 , 04:55 PM | #8
Thank you for the answer about orange craftable gear and the technical problem with recipe limits. That explains a lot - I hope you find a workaround.

Deewe
05.11.2012 , 04:56 PM | #9
Quote:
Deewe: With the locked companion specs, some of us feel like being forced to use specific companions versus choosing them for their personality and look. Is there in the works any kind of feature mitigating this issue (hint: companions kits)?
Quote:
Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Companions in BioWare games have always been fully developed characters with their own backgrounds and skills. While you can change between a couple different approaches with each, we do not presently have plans to make Companion Characters interchangeable.
Not sure we are on the same page here. You are speaking about swapping companions while I was speaking more about swapping their skills. And if I get it right it's really disappointing and certainly removes the fun to playing with companions.
(edit: forgot to thank you for the answer. Even if I don't like it and disagree with your design orientation: it's appreciated)

Quote: Originally Posted by DesonEQ View Post
Develop some then because your design made all that effort a waste. In your single player games, while there may have been optimal choices, usually you got to use more than one and picking the ones you liked most didn't affect gameplay so dramatically. Speaking as a Sith Warrior player that loathes Quinn, it's completely impractical to use any other companion because Quinn as the only healer so dramatically improves survival and downtime. Same goes for a Powertech Bounty Hunter. The mechanics force the choices unless you want a much less enjoyable play experience.
Interesting, I was totally thinking about Quinn when writing the question. He also really annoys me, not to say a stronger word.

Allyhoo
05.11.2012 , 04:58 PM | #10
I'm disappointed there will be no Q&A next week...I also couldn't tell from the post if the switch to once every two-weeks is permanent or just for this next time. I hope it isn't permanent