Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any other crafters feel like they are just augment makers now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Any other crafters feel like they are just augment makers now

MithraKurn
05.11.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1
Just got the general feeling that uniqueness in crafting was coming to an end with the aug tables. I've seen that people need to buy the aug kits from crafters. End game crafting was non existent before the orange aug crits so I guess I'm thankful for that. It feels like armormech is just a skin maker plus augs.

janeping
05.11.2012 , 12:11 PM | #2
Isn't that enough? I found some mid lvl range items sell pretty well especially if you can get them into purple. I am fine with making shell and augments. It's better than my cybertech who only sell the ship parts and earrings. I feel the crafting in this game is really for deck out your twinks most of the time anyway. Unless you are a biochem then it's a little different.

Calsetes
05.11.2012 , 12:59 PM | #3
I don't feel like that. I'm still trying to find a Tempered Laminoid Cheatguard schematic so I can outfit my Guardian in it.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

Paladinian
05.11.2012 , 03:02 PM | #4
I'm just glad my Armstech actually has something to do!

Between trying for crits on the lvl 20 orange recipes to gain the slot and building the category 22 augments to fit therein, I actually have something to contribute to the Guild.

As opposed to before, where every few weeks I *might* have enough Biometric Crystal Alloy to try for a crit. And then fail. And there was nothing else I could do except provide temporary gear to speed up Alt levelling. It was rather frustrating.

So I'm happy with the changes. I'm still sad that there appear to be absolutely *no* Armstech schematics that drop in any Operation anywhere... but small steps, I guess.

Heezdedjim
05.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #5
They're not augment makers, they're just cash funnels for slicers. Unless we drop our designated mission skill, train slicing, and make ONLY augments, the only reason for other crafting professions to exist now is to run the cash registers at that big slicing superstore in the sky.