Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Question

DarthMetier
05.11.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1
I am a lv. 48 sith jugg, I have archealogy, UT, and synthweaving all at 400. I am approaching the point where I will be starting PVP pretty soon, this is something I haven't done very much of to this point. I see that I can start crafting Rakata gear and was wondering if it is feasible/competitive gear for starting PVP and doing raids. I want the best gear I can put my hands on for right now until I start earning commendations to buy the tionese/columi gear. I guess my question is this: Is craftting the rakata gear worth my time and efforts in getting the prerequisite supplies, namely the biometric crystal alloy and the mando iron? I have a pretty cool moddable purple hooded chest piece with an augment slot that I will probably want to keep but I am hoping to get a rakata headgear, boots, gloves, and bracers.

lectotrans
05.11.2012 , 10:56 AM | #2
you are better served getting recruit gear for pvp. expertise is better than a full set of high level raid gear. you can watch people with 20k health from raid gear get eaten alive in 5 seconds in pvp. get the recruit gear.
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Swijr
05.11.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3
The way the game is designed, you pretty much need to have a PVE and PVP set of gear. They're not overly effective in the opposite environments (especially PVP to do PVE...not good).

Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info

jkcheng
05.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #4
Craft the Rakata belt and gloves for PvE, buy the Recruit gear for PvP. You will need both if you intend to be serious in both.

DarthMetier
05.11.2012 , 11:29 AM | #5
Where exactly can I buy the recruit gear?

jkcheng
05.11.2012 , 11:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMetier View Post
Where exactly can I buy the recruit gear?
At the Fleet in the PvP area. There's a group of vendors for each class.