Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

Seront
05.11.2012 , 09:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaktar View Post
We've already got a plan in place to track overheals and blowthrough heals along with actual heals. It still won't be exact but it will be a lot more accurate than it is now. The basic approach will be to track incoming damage on each combatant and use that to track how much of a heal was actual heal, how much was a blowthrough (actual heal + extra heal that was needed) and how much is overheal (no actual heal, just overheal). Where it won't be exact is when a players max health changes due to buffs and such during an encounter, but it's the most accurate way we can think of at the moment.
That's already a huge improvement. I suspect that it would be difficult to account for something like the sage's armor bubble thing too, no? Though I haven't seen how that appears in the combat log. Glad to hear it. =)

Gaktar
05.11.2012 , 09:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
That's already a huge improvement. I suspect that it would be difficult to account for something like the sage's armor bubble thing too, no? Though I haven't seen how that appears in the combat log. Glad to hear it. =)
Bubble healing only shows up in the logs as an absorption value on a target's damage line with no source information of who provided the bubble. It should be possible to track when a bubble is cast and who cast it so similar to overheals there's a plan we have in place to track this but it won't be completely accurate if you have overlapping bubbles from different healers. However, as there are more abilities added to the game that provide absorption healing, it will be more difficult to track the sources of that "healing" without some additional information being provided in the combat logs by Bioware.
SWMoniTOR - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parser
Makya ||| Standard Deviations ||| The Shadowlands

Kihra
05.11.2012 , 10:52 AM | #13
We've already got a plan in place to track overheals and blowthrough heals along with actual heals. It still won't be exact but it will be a lot more accurate than it is now. The basic approach will be to track incoming damage on each combatant and use that to track how much of a heal was actual heal, how much was a blowthrough (actual heal + extra heal that was needed) and how much is overheal (no actual heal, just overheal). Where it won't be exact is when a players max health changes due to buffs and such during an encounter, but it's the most accurate way we can think of at the moment.
Can't you look at the amount of threat that a heal generates in order to compute effective healing?
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

Gaktar
05.11.2012 , 11:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
Can't you look at the amount of threat that a heal generates in order to compute effective healing?
Using threat won't work since there are abilities that reduce hate (Guard) and I'm pretty sure there's healing abilities that generate less or no hate than the actual heal amount. Basically, threat is not going to be very accurate to try to figure out actual heals.

Wugan
05.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #15
Using threat won't work since there are abilities that reduce hate (Guard) and pretty I'm sure there's healing abilities that generate less or no hate than the actual heal amount. Basically, threat is not going to be very accurate to try to figure out actual heals.
Could you track if a healer got guard (not very common in an Operation I would guess) and then adjust their threat upward by the amount reduced by guard if necessary?

I can't speak with any knowledge about the threat modifiers for heals, but I would guess the people at MMO Mechanics have already done some work on that you could start from. Sites like Torparse are calculating effective heals (or trying to), so I assume that is what they are doing.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

Kihra
05.11.2012 , 12:09 PM | #16
Using threat won't work since there are abilities that reduce hate (Guard) and I'm pretty sure there's healing abilities that generate less or no hate than the actual heal amount. Basically, threat is not going to be very accurate to try to figure out actual heals.
Yeah, as Wugan said, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it. I believe torparse is using threat as a way to compute effective healing, and it seems to be working rather well. The difficulty just comes from the talents that reduce threat as well as Guard, but I believe you can readily discern whether or not the talents are in effect as well as whether or not Guard is in effect simply by observing the heal numbers. There will be enough "full heals" that you'd be able to determine the modifier for each individual.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

Gaktar
05.11.2012 , 12:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
Yeah, as Wugan said, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it. I believe torparse is using threat as a way to compute effective healing, and it seems to be working rather well. The difficulty just comes from the talents that reduce threat as well as Guard, but I believe you can readily discern whether or not the talents are in effect as well as whether or not Guard is in effect simply by observing the heal numbers. There will be enough "full heals" that you'd be able to determine the modifier for each individual.
Thanks, I'll certainly take a look at that before we decide on a course and may end up doing a blending of the two modes. After my research I'll post the findings.

Wugan
05.11.2012 , 12:18 PM | #18
After playing around with this for a little while, I just want to say thanks for developing such a great tool. The interface is very clean and polished, and connecting to form an Operation group is very simple and seems to work great. I look forward to seeing this mature as people test it. And I really look forward to Bioware letting you create this as an in-game addon some day so it can more easily track multiple targets.
Wugan --- Sage

alifaraaz
05.11.2012 , 01:03 PM | #19
I havnt played around with this so sorry if this sounds stupid. But from the pictures on the site showing how it works, the threat meter shows numbers but no percentage of threat relative to whoever currently has aggro. Yknow to make it easier to see when a dps is approaching 130% threat or whatever.

Don't know if it's even possible to do that - but yeah, would be nice to see
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Zephyrforce
05.11.2012 , 01:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by rivsoft View Post
Wow...I've been actually working on a very similar project using the same concept: live combat parser based on peer-to-peer networking.

I will definitively have a look at it !!

Is it developed in .NET ?? If so, let me know if you plan on open source it and/or if you want some help. I will be glad to join forces instead of having two different projects doing basically the same thing.

Best regards !!!
pretty sure it was written in delphi. feels that way anyway. I've be happy to help as well if you opened up the source.