Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Install Main Asset 59

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wegas
05.11.2012 , 06:52 AM | #1
When installing Main Asset 59 it gets to 3% and freezes. The whole pc freezes intermittently while waiting for it to complete. I have to go into Task Manager and kill the process. I have tried the following already:
-Renamed launcher.exe and ran the FixLauncher.exe
-Redownloaded the swtorsetup.exe and ran setup as administrator
-Attempted running the launcher as administrator in compatibility mode XP SP3

Included is my log
Spoiler

Kindajenin
05.11.2012 , 07:09 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Wegas,

I would like to thank you for doing all the troubleshooting steps so far and I hope we can get this issue resolved really soon.
  • Please go to the Old Republic directory as follows... C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets

• Delete the files listed below:
    assets_swtor_en_us.version
    assets_swtor_main.version
    assets_swtor_test.main.version
    assets_swtor_test_en_us.version

• Then Run a Disk Defrag, which may help remove the remains of any corrupt files on your system...
    To run ScanDisk and Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7/Vista/XP
    i. Click Start, and then click Computer or My Computer.
    ii. Right-click Local Disk (C, and then click Properties.)
    iii. Click the Tools tab.
    iv. Please click the appropriate link given below depending on whether you would like to run ScanDisk or Disk Defragmenter.

• Please go to the Old Republic directory as follows... C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\ and then run the Fix Launcher

• Reload the game, and if you have the option, click the settings button and try to repair the game (on the launcher)

Follow the steps, and let me know if that helps.

Thank you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Wegas
05.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #3
Did as you instructed. Now the client hangs on repairing.
Spoiler

Kindajenin
05.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Wegas,

I have noticed that you seem to encounter an error of a corrupt source detected in your launcher logs this error sometimes indicates faulty hardware, usually hard drives and RAM. For players encountering this issue, we would like to ask you to do the following:
  1. Run chkdsk
    For Windows 7/Vista: Right click on the drive you want to check (in Windows Explorer) and select Properties. Now click on the "Tools" tab and press "Check now..." at the top under 'Error-checking'

For Windows XP, at the command prompt type “chkdsk” and then press enter.

Please perform this on all hard drives.
  2. Run memtest86+ (www.memtest.org)
    Please run the memtest at least 6 times.
If you tried the above suggestions and do not find any errors, please update this thread and we will investigate your case further. If you do run into errors, we recommend contacting your manufacturer for further assistance.

Please note that while we can recommend using memtest86+ to try and help diagnose these issues, unfortunately we cannot offer support in the use of this program.

Wegas
05.11.2012 , 02:03 PM | #5
No errors on either test..what next.

Kindajenin
05.11.2012 , 02:18 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Wegas,

Thank you for completing the following troubleshooting steps, I am afraid that I am unable to help you on the public forums.

Please send an email into our Technical Support team for further investigation and clearly outline that you have completed the above troubleshooting steps.

Jawa_Juice
05.11.2012 , 05:49 PM | #7
Not just me then.
I uninstalled the game after constatntly crashing to Desktop after a recent patch, now i cannot re-install due to Asset 59...been trying all night
"But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Hippis
05.11.2012 , 07:26 PM | #8
Well come to the club
Here u can read my endevour with 59
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449337

Kindajenin
05.12.2012 , 06:37 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa_Juice View Post
Not just me then.
I uninstalled the game after constatntly crashing to Desktop after a recent patch, now i cannot re-install due to Asset 59...been trying all night
Greetings Jawa_Juice,

In order to assist us investigating this issue, please post your most recent Launcher Log here.

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Uziamordo
05.12.2012 , 07:00 AM | #10
mine has been doing the same thing for 3 days now! ive tried pulling ram out of the computer resetting all overclocks, ive run all the tests posted on previous forums with these issues, reinstalled windows and swtor and nothing has worked mine now hangs up on what appears to be the patch from 1.2 on main assest 51, something on biowares end is corrupt if multiple people are contiunally having this problem