Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara Zavros dark side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Ashara Zavros dark side?

CelticColin
12.17.2011 , 07:12 PM | #1
Soo.. she is sooo goodie goodie...
I am not seeing any conversation options to convert her to the darkside
shes hating my ds choices.. shes all kinds of sad and emo

bioware... let us turn this young padawan to the darkside!

Liberate
12.17.2011 , 07:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticColin View Post
Soo.. she is sooo goodie goodie...
I am not seeing any conversation options to convert her to the darkside
shes hating my ds choices.. shes all kinds of sad and emo

bioware... let us turn this young padawan to the darkside!
If you want a REAL Dark Side Romance, you need to go sith warrior and turn Jaesa dark.

It's almost sadistic at how much she loves the Dark Side

No idea why the Sith Inquisitor got stuck with Ms Fairy Princess
Liberate

CelticColin
12.17.2011 , 08:16 PM | #3
Thats kind of pointless because .. SI's dominate the darkside.. its like our role in life to turn people

lokdron
12.17.2011 , 09:18 PM | #4
There is a topic here about it. I just find it shocking that the class that is meant to be a master manipulator cannot turn a naive/prideful jedi to the dark side its rather silly imo.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=10124&page=6

Tekillia
01.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #5
I couldn't agree more. It's disappointing how badly they missed the mark on this one. I could understand it taking a while to turn her, through a slow drip of manipulation. But, from what I've read, you can't turn her to the dark side and the most you can hope for is to be her boyfriend....yay.

Above all classes the SI should be about turning others to the Dark Side. But, this goes along with Bioware's (silly) notion of "light side" Sith. I know that's for another thread, but it's relevant here because they need a "good" companion for those players. You should at least be able to take her either way, light or dark, based on how you interact with her. Oh well.
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

HaileyNoelle
01.03.2012 , 03:30 PM | #6
I'm curious, is she happy with anyone else when they are being evil and killing people. I notice I on Belsavis I get a ton of rep with her for mostly evil stuff. I'm just curious if that's a product of my having gotten her rep up to the 5-6000 range, or if she's just always like that. I seem to recall her throwing hissy fits with most of my evilish decisions on taris.

Heimskringla
01.03.2012 , 10:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HaileyNoelle View Post
I'm curious, is she happy with anyone else when they are being evil and killing people. I notice I on Belsavis I get a ton of rep with her for mostly evil stuff. I'm just curious if that's a product of my having gotten her rep up to the 5-6000 range, or if she's just always like that. I seem to recall her throwing hissy fits with most of my evilish decisions on taris.

Ashara is conflicted. She doesn't want to admit that she finds the Jedi Order lacking, so she tends to get defensive when you point out the flaws of the Jedi. I tend to describe her as ambiguously fallen.

It's never really clear whether or not she actually falls to the dark side completely. I've had +affection by pointing out that she's not really a Jedi anyway and for doing some fairly dark things, so long as those dialog choices are rational you will gain with her.

I do agree that parts of the SW story are what I was hoping to have for the SI (namely Jaesa and some of the more political stuff).

The SI so far (only finished Act I and nearly finished II) is Indiana Jones combined with Egon from the Ghost Busters. There's not a bit of Palpatine or Maul in his story for the first two acts.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

HagenVonTronje
01.04.2012 , 12:09 AM | #8
She isn't pure light side at all. After you leave Taris, quests will start having affection bonuses for her. Interesting stuff:

- She sometimes approves of you murdering someone (darkside choice), especially if they're simply in your way and not Jedi.
- She most often approves of practical answers and disapproves of needlessly argumentative answers. This almost never affects alignment.
- She actually accepts and likes criticism of the Jedi if it involves bolstering HER. For example in a conversation you can say that the Jedi underestimated her and that is their mistake, and she will greatly approve of this.

Basically she has all the hallmarks of being ready to be turned. The option simply doesn't exist yet. I suspect Ashara and our last companion were somewhat hastily implemented, compared to other companions anyway...further evidence is the drastic shortage of customizations for those two, all others (except the droid of course) have far more customization options.

Assuming BW keeps updating content as they should, I expect that sooner or later we'll see the option to turn her. She's completely ready for it with the right manipulation. She harbors resentment toward the Jedi for writing her off (think Anakin) and sometimes sees the wisdom of Sith brutality, she just needs that push...

Rafalewe
01.04.2012 , 01:25 PM | #9
The way I perceive her is as an immature young woman that still thinks shes a Jedi while giving in to her passionate side and blaming others for it.

I do manipulate her, by chosing conversation options I do not necessarily beleive in to get her approval up and turn her slowly to me. I know shes not a Jedi but I would never tell her that to her face, I try to blurr her perception between the Light and Dark to make the Dark side appear perfectly rational. To the extent I am a loyal servant of the Empire and am not pointlessly destructive, she tends to agree with me.

Seriously, whats better than a loyal apprentice that still tries to please me instead of a sith that will try to eventually murder me...

I think shes just fine the way she is.

Mintawno
01.04.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
That's too bad. I had been leveling my guy to be senselessly violent, and kill even when not warrented