Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Maaruin
05.09.2012 , 08:49 AM | #231
But, didn't you say Scourge doesn't feel anything anymore?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Karaiblis
05.09.2012 , 09:51 AM | #232
That is why Kovrai got c**kblocked from S, but I think he meant Scourge felt no emotional or physical pleasure.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari

drfumblez
05.09.2012 , 09:56 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
That is why Kovrai got c**kblocked from S, but I think he meant Scourge felt no emotional or physical pleasure.
That is correct unfortunately. I can't imagine living like that, to be honest.

Maaruin
05.09.2012 , 05:04 PM | #234
Malachor’s Inferno

“Sir, Darth Proventus’ lifesigns have stabilized,” a medical droid reported via holo. “He is about to wake up.”

“I will be there,” Wingran said and stood up from his desk.

A few minutes later he stood beside Proventus who started to move.

The Zabrak's eyes opened slowly, igniting instantly in a fiery rage. Then he saw Wingran standing next to him.

"Admiral..." Proventus spoke as the anger slowly left his eyes. "I'm alive? How..."

"My Lord," Wingran paused to think for a moment. He had an idea. "You barely survived,... well, whatever it was. You were lucky we could bring you into this facility soon enough. The technology here made it possible to keep your body functioning until,... your lifesigns returned somehow."

That was a lie. Proventus would probably have survived without medical attention. But it wouldn't be bad for Wingran's reputation if he rescued him twice.

The Emperor's Wrath sat quiet for a moment, merely nodding in silence.

"Thank you, Wingran." He finally spoke, allowing the Admiral his satisfaction. "I am in your debt once again...I was foolish to end up here in the first place."

He tried to stand up, but after a moment of difficulty decided it best to remain seated at the head of his bed.Proventus breathed, sounding relieved.

"I do have one question Wingran, answer truthfully, for I will know if you lie." He looked back up at the Admiral, the Sith's fiery red eyes seemed to be looking directly into his soul.

"Who do you belong to?"

"I belong to the Empire," Wingran answered quickly. Proventus waited. He knew this was the answer Wingran had learned to give. But he looked into the Admiral's eyes waiting for the real answer.

"To be honest," Wingran sighed after a while and paused. "I belong to myself. I serve the Sith because I hope to benefit from them as much as they benefit from me."

"Good boy." Proventus joked, before continuing. "You are a great Admiral, Wingran. Don't waste your talents on the highest bidder...and remember. Whatever anyone offers you...I can offer more."

"Well, we officers normally don't get offers," Wingran said smiling. "We have to be more creative. And during my career I always carefully tried avoid high risks. I prefer strategies where most of the possible outcomes are positive."

Wingran walked over to a window. He looked outside while speaking.

"This is why I plan to act against Omega during their attack on the Emperor. If it works out, I will destroy their fleet and end their threat. Then it wouldn't matter if they succeed against the Emperor."

"Make sure you succeed, Wingran. It might be the last chance we get to end this war before the Republic intervenes..." Proventus grabbed his helmet, which was sitting next to him on the bedside table.

He played with it in his hands, taking a moment to look into the eye sockets, which seemed to have dim residual glow, from his eyes.

"My place is inside, with the Emperor." Proventus replied absentmindedly, staring into the eyes of the empty helmet. He recited the words with a bad taste in his mouth.

"If you need ships, I have them, if you need funds, I have them."

"It won't be necessary, my Lord," Wingran said. "My weapon is ready."

He went over to a holo-projector and pluged in a data chip. A large asteroid structure appeared.

"This is Hammar Star, an advanced version of the destroyed Hammer Station the republic built. Together with the Silencers installed on some of my capital ship it is capable of vaporizing any fleet.

My plan is to attack Argoon, a republic planet close to Omega territory. The republic will ask Omega to defend it. If they do, they will loose their fleet. If they refuse to do it, the alliance will break"

"Very good!" Proventus exclaimed, surprised by the plan. "Your plan is sound...but should you somehow fail. There is a contingency plan in place."

"My Lord, may I ask what this contingency plan involves?"

"You may not." Proventus flatly refused, before explaining with an apologetic bow of his head. "My apologies Admiral, but should you succeed, no one will ever see it brought to fruition, I prefer it remains that way."

"Of course, my Lord," Wingran bowed.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Maaruin
05.10.2012 , 07:02 AM | #235
Space Station Malachor’s Inferno, conference room

“Everything is ready,” Admiral Wingran said. “Hammer Star is operational and manned, our Flagship is repaired and the target is decided. As soon as we get the signal from my agents among Omega, we will start the Operation.”

“And it won’t take much longer, I think,” Lt. Dre’zilli said. “According to our last reports, the Jedi Master will is about to return from Lehon.”

“Hmm, that’s not that much of a good news,” Wingran said. It means Nox has failed. I will have to speak with Pyron about this. “Nonetheless we will procede.”

Wingran activated a holo which showed Hammar Star surrounded by his fleet.

“The original Hammer Station was vulnerable to a small shuttle carrying a strike team. We will avoid this by lunching our fighters to defend the station and using our ships anti-starfighter defense. Captain Hall, you will command the flagship. Use its Silencer wisely and there will be no enemy fleet left.”

“Yes, sir,” Captain Hall said.

“We will have no problem with further infiltration than,” Wingran stated and paused. “But… some infiltrators are on board already. The attack on the Fate was, of course, nothing more than a distraction. The Shadow dealer is aboard Hammer Star.”

“Are you sure?” Commander Vorten asked disbelievingly.

“I know him, Vorten,” Wingran said. “He is there. And he probably brought some men with him.”

“So you have a plan to counter him,” Lt. Dre’zilli asked.

“I have,” Wingran stated. He stood up and walked around the table. “There are limited ways to render Hammar Star useless.

1. He could try to set a course into an uninhabited planet or a nearby star. Because of this I restricted the authorization to plot a course to only one person: me.

2. He could try to fire all asteroids stored. That would destroy the stations destructive potential. To avoid this I made some precautions. Every time an asteroid is fired, there is a 20% chance it will release a high voltage charge inside the control room which kills everyone inside. We, of course, will use droids at the controls.

3. He could try to destroy the gravity cannon. Every other system exists several times. But there are simply not enough explosives aboard the ship to create enough damage.

Considering this, I am the most vital system on Hammar Star so I will use Tukata Squad, the Mandos and Jhafful to guard me. Vorten, you and CeeSiX will be my mobile unit on Hammar Star.

Lt. Dre’zilli, is our ‘surprise’ prepared?”

“Yes, it is,” Dre’zilli said. “We can release the poison as soon we know which transport they came with. But it isn’t that easy to find out, without Professor Cedrax.”

“Then we’ll just wait until they reveal themselves,” Wingran said and turned to everyone. “This will be the end of this little rebellion. It shall be remembered.”
-Ajunta Pall

DarthThuzad
05.10.2012 , 08:34 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Malachor’s Inferno

"My Lord, may I ask what this contingency plan involves?"

"You may not." Proventus flatly refused, before explaining with an apologetic bow of his head. "My apologies Admiral, but should you succeed, no one will ever see it brought to fruition, I prefer it remains that way."

"Of course, my Lord," Wingran bowed.
Nox: *up to this point said nothing (detailed) about Directive 13 to anyone but her companions, Kira, Marr, Jurga, or Proventus (if its the same plan)* Hah! Owned!
Darth Vashará Azear the Infernal
<Nova Imperium>
Major Thrinna Rainor

xWKSxTabor
05.10.2012 , 10:47 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthThuzad View Post
Nox: *up to this point said nothing (detailed) about Directive 13 to anyone but her companions, Kira, Marr, Jurga, or Proventus (if its the same plan)* Hah! Owned!
Muahahahahaha

DarthThuzad
05.11.2012 , 02:31 PM | #238
The Defiance

"Coming, love?" Vash asks as she nearly slips into bed.

"In a minute, dear," Kira replies as she is still freshening up for bed in the refresher.

Vash briefly switches her attire, from her new white hooded robes to the purple hooded robes she has worn in Darth Nox's final days. She subsequently activates her holocommunicator and punches in a familiar code. It's time to give an old friend a call.

"Darth Proventus, this is Darth Nox. I am currently behind enemy lines. Do you copy?"

Darth Proventus appeared on her holocommunicator wearing a long, hooded, robe over his usual armor.

"Empress." He replied with a slight inclination of his head, a hint of relief in his voice. "I had not heard from you, and your last transmission had me worried."

"Raii is a dangerous foe, you would do well to know the risks I took. Anyway, prepare for the Emperor's demise," Vash spoke, "the time is nearly here. Being behind enemy lines puts me in a good position. Vitiate dies within a week, maybe two. We can use our enemies to our advantage."

"Our plan relies heavily on the successes of our enemies. None more important than the Emperor's death itself." Proventus agreed. "But, I would avoid trusting them with more than what we already have...the Jedi are not to be trusted. They get in your head..."

Proventus shook his head, remembering his encounter with Raii's mother, Iyessa, the Jedi witch.

"They will twist your mind, Empress." He finished, a note of anger catching in his voice.

"Note that we also twist theirs," Vash replied. "Ashara and Erlunas are testaments to that by far. So, all I must say is keep an eye out. As I am in deep cover right now, I am still counting on you to initiate the final stage of our contingency plan, Directive 13: Undermine and overthrow the Emperor. It can be done in my sanctum, which I take it has been unoccupied for about a week or so?"

Proventus nodded silently, confirming Nox's expected answer.

"Look to a few buttons on my armrest. Hit the following buttons: red, blue, yellow, gold, and silver in the span of five seconds. A big red button labled 'do not push' will rise from the other. Hit that, then when asked for a password, 'the Phoenix will rise from the ashes of old,' you will say. You will know when the time is right."

"Fitting." Proventus approved, before continuing. "Your will be done, Empress."

Proventus began to turn, before another thought seemed to strike his head. He turned abruptly, looking directly into Vash's sulfur colored eyes.

"Do not trust the Jedi or his lecherous friends, Empress." Proventus repeated firmly, nearly pleading. "Do not trust Velan, he has the blood of a snake."

"Two snakes?" Vash replied, "the spectre turned out to be his father. What a snake indeed. Anyway, you know as well as I that I trust no one." Well, no one but Kira. She's the only one who understands me.

"Blood does not lie." Proventus insisted, his body becoming rigid. "I know."

"You look downcast all of a sudden," Vash pointed out.

"Forgive me Empress." Proventus apologized, "My encounter with the Jedi witch has brought forth skeletons I'd rather leave behind."

The Zabrak raised his hand to wave off any concerns Vash might have had.

"It is of no matter..." He quickly bowed in an attempt to escape the holocall before the she could ask any further questions.

Having no desire to reveal her current state of mind, let alone imply to Proventus in any way that she got back with Kira, Vash simply replies, "dismissed. The Phoenix will rise," before cutting the link. Vash scrambles into bed in her white robes as Kira finally comes back from the refresher.

"I missed you, my love," Vash purred as Kira joins her.
Darth Vashará Azear the Infernal
<Nova Imperium>
Major Thrinna Rainor

Maaruin
05.11.2012 , 05:38 PM | #239

The Defiance

Vash slept in Kira's quarters with Kira. She had put Khem Val into the Kolto tank in the med bay, but they were still waiting for an answer from the Artemis fleet. They would have to inform them about what happened before Isaac would accept his former enemy landing at his fleet.

Suddenly she felt something. A familiar presence. Quickly she reached out for her lightsaber, but then remembered that she had been disarmed.

“It won’t work,” a voice said. “You already killed me.”

"It can't be, impossible!" Vash silently protested, desperate not to wake Kira.

A blue, transparent image of Erlunas walked through the door.

"Guess my hopes weren't that misplaced after all," she said. "Death is a lie, there is only the Force."

"And the force has set you free," Vash replied as she walks to an area where she can speak more freely with Erlunas without waking her lover. "Why have you come, to damn me like the others?"

"To damn others is not what I do best," Erlunas smiled. "Others are better at that."

"Meh, like Velan," she spits. "So, why have you come after me? Nox is dead, she ensured that," Vash pointed towards Kira.

"I came for three things,"
Erlunas said. "To forgive, to ensure and to warn."

"Do elaborate," Vash prodded.

"I think 'to forgive' is self explaining," Erlunas stated. "But you left a friend of mine back in a cell. I have to ensure that she is set free."

"I will see to it as soon as possible," Vash assured her.

"Now, Vash Thuzad, be warned," Erlunas said and stepped closer. "The dark side doesn't let go of those it consumed before. Darth Nox might be dead, but she will try rise again."

Erlunas voice became very serious. "You will be tested."

"Should Nox rise again, Kira and I will deal with her, Erlunas. With that said, your master briefly had her come out by trying to kriffing strangle me. If that's the least of my problems, then that's what Nox wants, that's what Raii wants, isn't it?"

"You need to make peace with Raii," Erlunas said. "And I think you aren't the first he tried ti strangle," she added slightly smiling.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Vash giggled, but then turned serious, "no hard feelings about the whole torture thing, right? I did terrible things when Nox was in control."

"No hard feelings about that," Erlunas answered. "Its not that bad to be dead. And there are ways to die, far more terrible than that. In retrospect, of course."

"Really?" Vash raised an eyebrow. "As Nox, I underestimated the power of love. Now look where it got me. Did it change me for the better, Erlunas?"

"You know the answer already,"
Erlunas said. "But if it helps if a Force ghost tells you: Yes, it did."

"I thought so. I just wanted an opinion differing from that of that kriffing nerfherder of a Jedi that calls himself a Master." Vash sighs, "it's a shame that I tortured and killed you as Nox. Had Kira redeemed me sooner, we would have made good friends."

"I don't like it when you talk about my former master," Erlunas said with a sad face. But then she winked, showing it wasn't a serious comment. "You and Raii will get along well in the future, I think. And we can make friends in a few decades... if you don't plan to become immortal anymore."

"We shall see," Vash smiled as she slowly walked
towards a sleeping Kira, "anything else while you are here, my friend?"

"That's all I need to say for now," Erlunas said. "When you have reached the Artemis Fleet, I need to talk to all of you. About the Emperor. All of you means: Raii, Isaac, Revan, Scourge, Kira and you. Zhara and Kovrai can come too, of course.

Until then, may the force be with you."

And Erlunas' image slowly faded until Nox couldn't see anything anymore.

Kira wakes up at this, "Vash dear, what was that?" she yawned

Vash pets Kira's head in response, "I'll tell you in the morning, my love." She snuggles Kira then the two eventually return to their slumber.
-Ajunta Pall

LogicLoup
05.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #240
Thanks, man. Being an afterthought is the best.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."