Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP servers that actually have RP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
RP servers that actually have RP?

elliotcat
04.24.2012 , 07:20 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by virtualelle View Post
That's where I am! Feel free to look me up if you want to chat.
Awesome! I'm going to be rolling Republic side though, not a big fan of the Empire...cross-faction chat is possible, right?

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

virtualelle
04.24.2012 , 07:39 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Awesome! I'm going to be rolling Republic side though, not a big fan of the Empire...cross-faction chat is possible, right?
I don't know about cross faction chat honestly but i do have a smuggler on the Republic side. Her name is Elinor - I like to keep it simple LOL.
Diera (Commando)
Elinora (Mercenary)
Ebon Hawk

SelinaH
04.24.2012 , 08:39 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
The opposite faction cannot see your custom emotes or whispers. The standard animated emotes and /say chat are visible to both sides, however.

Crystarr
04.25.2012 , 08:47 PM | #44
I'll throw out a nod to the guilds trying to create a RP hub on Voss on Trask Ulgo EU server.

We have a thriving community which has taken its fair share of knocks over the past few months with many "big guilds" simply giving up on the RP aspect of the game.

There are a few guilds that are doing their bit to make it work and Voss nights are proving to be a real big draw.

Republic side we have The Enclave of Tython and the Kestrel Minority and on the Imperial side we have The Imperial Inquisition, The Hands of Darkness, Sodalicium, The Blackscar Mercanaries and Poorly Coordinated Companions.

We've got an organised "Guild Leaders / officers" community council that actively work together to pull this thing together and a working plotline unfolding.

It's still in it's infancy and had a shake up recently but now we are all working and talking together to make this work for the entire server.

So anyone thinking of an EU draw, Trask Ulgo is alive and well and building a really great community that works together.

veramillion
04.26.2012 , 11:43 AM | #45
Sanctum of the Exalted is the server Im on. none of my toons are past lvl 15 because I still cant decide ..anyway...i see a lot of RP even for starter worlds. not so much in general or the rp chat channel but if in a grp or if requested in general there is always someone that will PM you a response. When im in a grp I try to stay in character. No one has objected or told me to stop that rp crud.

Im on Imperial side so cant speak for Republic.

Im on fri and sat nights from 10pm -2am est if anyone sees me Im always good for some rp

Krysun - 15ish BH
Erabus - 10ish Inq
“Those who live by the saber are usually shot by those of us who don’t”
“A gun never kills anybody; it’s a tool in the killer’s hand.” ~ Krysun
~~Krysun- BH - Sancutum of the Exalted~~
http://orcaguild.enjin.com/forum/m/2...986-bio-krysun

OutlawJJ
04.27.2012 , 03:06 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by virtualelle View Post
I don't know about cross faction chat honestly but i do have a smuggler on the Republic side. Her name is Elinor - I like to keep it simple LOL.
Cool Im on the Same Server also. And I have to agree there is always people RPing everywhere I go. I currently have two Empire Chars and going to roll a Republic Char soon. Look me up would love to rp with you guys

Barett (Heathen) - Jug
Sepp (Heathen) - Sniper

Lord Adraas

Tassia
04.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #47
I've run into RP pretty frequently on Jung Ma, but it seems people are more private about it. Which is a shame, I love to watch while dancing on tables.
Evil is a point of view.

Kellindell
05.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Bodaciousbaconn View Post
Well, Shien is pretty solid. Almost always RP going on in Carrick Station, Republic side. And I think we have quite a few guilds that RP as well.
We have had much different experiences.

Every so often I see some "cantina talk" in carrick. Other than that, nothing. I dont see RP anywhere else on the server rep side, and I tried imperial side but their was so much OOC on the fleet i left for LA.

I got convinced to come back to shien for two reasons.
1) I have a RL friend I pvp with here, but he since has lowered his play time to the point where it is almost zero.
2) I was told the RP was really getting vamped up.

I have sadly yet to see it, and I got my character to almost 50, and all I can think is I really wish I had done this on a more RP heavy server.

Ive tried too, im often ignored or turned away, or told RP is happening but it is "private" like on ships and such. I send tells to people I see active on SWTOR-RP when I see them in zones unconventional for their level to see if some kind of RP is happening, but I usually dont get a response.

And despite my trying, and taking place in the little RP I do see, no RP guild has approached me for recruitment.

Hopefully someday server xfers will happen. Although I fear the legacy system will mess that all up and BW may never allow it.
Remember Remember, the 18th of January.

kirorx
05.04.2012 , 08:32 PM | #49
Sounds like we need more random RP on Rubat Crystal then.

Caeridar
05.10.2012 , 10:26 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
We have had much different experiences.

Every so often I see some "cantina talk" in carrick. Other than that, nothing. I dont see RP anywhere else on the server rep side, and I tried imperial side but their was so much OOC on the fleet i left for LA.

I got convinced to come back to shien for two reasons.
1) I have a RL friend I pvp with here, but he since has lowered his play time to the point where it is almost zero.
2) I was told the RP was really getting vamped up.

I have sadly yet to see it, and I got my character to almost 50, and all I can think is I really wish I had done this on a more RP heavy server.

Ive tried too, im often ignored or turned away, or told RP is happening but it is "private" like on ships and such. I send tells to people I see active on SWTOR-RP when I see them in zones unconventional for their level to see if some kind of RP is happening, but I usually dont get a response.

And despite my trying, and taking place in the little RP I do see, no RP guild has approached me for recruitment.

Hopefully someday server xfers will happen. Although I fear the legacy system will mess that all up and BW may never allow it.
You might want to check out the RP Events thread for Shien, it's got a list of RP events, recurring and one offs.

As for waiting an RP guild to approach you for recruitment, you might want to try going the other way. Look at one of them and apply there.
Craft Ramsay: Leader of the Argent Exodus.
Awe-Inspiring & Minty Fresh.
@CraftRamsay