Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Question bout inheritance weapon kit...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question bout inheritance weapon kit...

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
05.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #1
Ok so I'm on Corascent right now, at the Legacy Vendor. I see I can buy the Knight's Inheritance Lightsaber with said kit.

Now, can I mod this weapon at all? Cuz mines is a Dark Jedi Guardian, & since the devs took away the purple crystal, red is the only color I want....& I doubt it comes with said red crystal.

Should I hold off? Are there Legacy vendors on others worlds?

Input is appreciated, thanks.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
05.08.2012 , 09:25 PM | #2
Aww cmon. I guess I will just let it sit then. Don't wanna waste my kit on that to end up not being able to mod said weapon....
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
05.08.2012 , 09:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Ok so I'm on Corascent right now, at the Legacy Vendor. I see I can buy the Knight's Inheritance Lightsaber with said kit.

Now, can I mod this weapon at all? Cuz mines is a Dark Jedi Guardian, & since the devs took away the purple crystal, red is the only color I want....& I doubt it comes with said red crystal.

Should I hold off? Are there Legacy vendors on others worlds?

Input is appreciated, thanks.
Legacy vendors are only on home words. Corusant for the Republic and Drumond Kaas for the Empire. I not sure that they are even on the fleet. I have only seen them on home planet.

With regard to your question from what my friend says they don't remember the lightsaber coming with a red crystal and they are not modable.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

metaldragen's Avatar


metaldragen
05.09.2012 , 11:28 AM | #4
They are not moddable - they require level 14 to use, for Republic they come with a blue color (for Empire it's red), and they are roughly equivalent in stats to a custom with level 16-ish blue mods (hilt/mod/enhancement 5-6).

That said, they are useful on your home planet to get you to the end of that planet. By that point, you can buy better mods from the commendation vendor on that planet before you leave and switch back to your custom.

To be honest, I would have much rather seen them give us a token for a moddable armor, rather than mainhand. I've played every class to at least level 20 (and have 3 50s), and I don't recall a single one not rewarding you with a moddable mainhand at the conclusion of your starting planet class quest line.

At the very least, I'd like to see them able to be converted to a different weapon - I'm not going to roll another of the same class (even if I had the space in my characters, which I don't).
Roving Guns Jedi Covenant PvE
Texa - 50 Marksmanship Sniper | Lexah - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary | Rexah - 50 Immortal Juggernaut

Havokk's Avatar


Havokk
05.10.2012 , 05:46 PM | #5
All my characters have had a pretty good orange-quality mainhand weapon by the time they got to 14 so I found the Mainhand Weapon Inheritance Kits to be completely useless. I wish I had got an armour kit instead.

Quote: Originally Posted by metaldragen View Post
At the very least, I'd like to see them able to be converted to a different weapon - I'm not going to roll another of the same class (even if I had the space in my characters, which I don't).
I think you've missed the point of the inheritance kits. You mail the *kit* to a low level alt. That alt then exchanges the kit for a weapon of their class at the appropriate vendor (there are four inheritance vendors, one for each class),
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦

metaldragen's Avatar


metaldragen
05.11.2012 , 11:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
I think you've missed the point of the inheritance kits. You mail the *kit* to a low level alt. That alt then exchanges the kit for a weapon of their class at the appropriate vendor (there are four inheritance vendors, one for each class),
No, I understand the point of the item completely. My point is that once I've used the kit, I've got an item that is useful for maybe 2-3 levels before being replaced and is now worthless because a) it's specific to that class and b) it's not moddable. Having the resulting item from the kit trade-in being BtL is pointless. I know (very, very) few people that have rolled multiples of the same class.

In effect, they've given us a free low-level blue item couched in "legacy" trimmings.

As you say, I think a signature armor (chest) specific to the class (moddable) would have been much more useful.
Roving Guns Jedi Covenant PvE
Texa - 50 Marksmanship Sniper | Lexah - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary | Rexah - 50 Immortal Juggernaut