Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where do I get the Alderaan Bonus Series?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Where do I get the Alderaan Bonus Series?

Fardreamer
01.13.2012 , 12:52 AM | #11
Bonus series are a BONUS... meaning sometimes you have to go looking for them. Quit expecting everything to be handed to you. Sheesh, kids these days wanting everything to hold them by the hand...
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

Irxyyy
01.13.2012 , 01:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardreamer View Post
Bonus series are a BONUS... meaning sometimes you have to go looking for them. Quit expecting everything to be handed to you. Sheesh, kids these days wanting everything to hold them by the hand...
Bonus series are there to cover xp gaps for those not interested in warzones/fp/space battles, and are obviously not ment to be something obscure you need to search for. That's why all of them aside from Alderaan are impossible to miss.
// believing is bleeding

Zarozanya
04.06.2012 , 02:26 PM | #13
ok so 40+ dont help me i need lv 39 quests ? this game is kinda lame as far as abundance of quests go, i been lv 39 for 3 days now killing boors in elwind forest is taking to long

Remiel
04.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarozanya View Post
ok so 40+ dont help me i need lv 39 quests ? this game is kinda lame as far as abundance of quests go, i been lv 39 for 3 days now killing boors in elwind forest is taking to long
really? you sure you haven't been skipping quest? I think its actually very easy to lvl in this game if you knwo what your doing.

I'm actually, kind of, in the same situation as OP, I got lvl 43 character and just arrived on Hoth. I didn't know there was a bonus series on Alderaan though until I saw this post.
I am posting on this thread, because I am bored...
Squadron 11-11-11 *never forget*

Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #15
Empire side: Enter Thul Palace and take an immediate right. You should see a mission triangle on your mini-map. Follow it to Lord Serjay Thul.

Republic side: Enter House Organa and make an immediate Left. Should be able to find a Nautolan Major with the mission triangle over his head as well. He'll hand you off to COL Jace Malcolm who gives you the bonus mission briefing.

Also, BOTH sides have their own level 40 areas that aren't visited (unless you get uber lost) during your first trip to Alderaan.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

ZirusZero
04.06.2012 , 08:51 PM | #16
Honestly I'm a JK, and Kira told me to go to Nar Shadaa. Companions=helpful.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

TheOneCanadian
05.10.2012 , 12:34 PM | #17
ty captain_zone i couldnt find the dam quest for the life of me.. ever thought to look tht far in the house organa tho..

Jenovan
05.10.2012 , 01:00 PM | #18
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but you have to have completed Chapter 2 for the Alderaan bonus series to become available. Once you do, there's (supposed to be) an NPC on the fleet with a quest for you, or you could go directly to the quest contacts on Alderaan at that point, as listed above.

I would agree with the point, though, that an in-game mail might be more effective. There are an awful lot of NPCs on the fleet, and if this one is in a quadrant you never go to... /shrug
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Ranadiel_Marius
05.10.2012 , 03:06 PM | #19
You don't have to finish Chapter 2 to get the Bonus Series. I've gotten it with at least two characters after they finished their class quests on Alderaan before going to the next world. Admitedly I generally am heavily overleveled and I was not high enough level to actually complete the quests at the time, but just picking the bonus series up is possible.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Jenovan
05.10.2012 , 03:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
You don't have to finish Chapter 2 to get the Bonus Series. I've gotten it with at least two characters after they finished their class quests on Alderaan before going to the next world. Admitedly I generally am heavily overleveled and I was not high enough level to actually complete the quests at the time, but just picking the bonus series up is possible.
Hmm, is this with one faction or the other, or both?

I'm on Empire, and finished Alderaan (the first time) at level 40-41. We'd actually cleared out a lot of the bonus-level heroics, but couldn't get the actual bonus storyline at that time. Once we cleared chapter 2, though (at level 50.. talk about overleveled), the Fleet NPC lit up.

(Going by the suggested levels, they certainly *intend* for you to do the Alde bonus after Hoth, but there's no real reason to prevent you from doing it early, really. The timeline in the brief bit of story you get on the Imperial side isn't that specific...)
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas