Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Role playing

LeavarionCL
05.06.2012 , 03:02 PM | #21
Also I've been out the lop because I am a college student, can someone please explain to me the recent rakghoul thing and how it affects gameplay in an RP or PVE server?
M Ganey-Diaz

Scorpienne
05.07.2012 , 05:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I've turned down potential recruits due to names in the past.
I've turned down several applicants for usernames AND character names. If someone thinks it's a good idea to have a forum username of RollABlunt, then that person has already demonstrated a severe lack of judgement and I don't want to have anything to do with them. Any character named any variant of Aragorn, Legolas, Shepard, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, or Skywalker is declined, too.

I won't PUG with people with absurd names either. They have already demonstrated that they desire to be offensive or that they lack good judgement - so why would I waste my limited play-time with that sort of person? I play a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and I'll leave a group if someone with a sex-, racism- or drug-based username joins the group. It's no different in SWTOR, except that Bioware gives me a tool to report usernames, which I do. For instance, someone thought it would be a stellar idea to call his character [Spanish word for male reproductive anatomy]. Yep, P****o, you got reported...

Some people just need to test the limits. Hope they learn. It's like the urban myth of the guy who submitted a job application at a prestigous law firm with an email address of SexPig69@.... Did you *really* think that was a good idea? In this day and age, people judge you by your username *all* the time.

Paige

a_birdbird
05.07.2012 , 04:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Listerman View Post
Ebon Hawk has the numbers, but the RP there is almost non-existant, or at least that's the case whenever I log on...The occasional smattering of usuals at the fleet bar and that's about it.
Wow. I play on The Ebon Hawk, and I've had fairly regular sessions of RP lasting anywhere between 4 - 12 hours (the 12-hour sessions being less regular!). I hardly play the actual storyline part of the game anymore. Most of it is public, too. I've RPed in caves on Taris, Hoth and Voss, at Cantinas on Coruscant, Tython, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Fleet, and The Gav Daragon, in spare buildings in Coruscant, Tython, Voss and Alderaan, in weird combat situations (both full and partially RPed) in various places, in natural settings on Tython, Alderaan and Hoth, in the Senate complex (interior and plaza) and Spaceport on Coruscant, in the Jedi Temple, and in med-centers (on Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant). Occasionally, I'll RP in the Hangar or on the Ship.

So the RP is out there. Clearly, my list is Republic-oriented, but certainly it's out there. RP most easily starts in the cantinas, where you meet folks and make friends, then you build your stories and take them out into the galaxy. It's hard to randomly find RP outside of cantinas, only because the galaxy is so big, but I promise you that it's happening.

Maybe there's a giant difference in terms of the amount of RP Empire-side versus the Republic; I don't know.

Info for novices (not necessarily you, Listerman!) interested in RPing:
When folks who want to start RPing are in a cantina, they shouldn't try to jump into the middle of the most active group of RPers, as it might be difficult to fold them into an ongoing storyline; it's not meant to seem rude or dismissive, it's just really difficult to manage a lot of people in the same narrative at once in a cantina setting. Look for someone else who's maybe quiet-ish, but more open to an overture, and start a tale with them. Sometimes it can take several visits to the mixers to build enough familiarity to begin to build a unique narrative, so folks who want to RP need a little persistence!

Use the OOC channel to find out what's going on. Just type /cjoin OOC and say 'Hi'.

Alykia
05.08.2012 , 07:21 AM | #24
Lord Adraas is a great server with some wonderful people. I would heavily suggest trying it out.

If you want to get familiar with the rokeplay communities on different servers, I would suggest visiting http://www.swtor-rp.com and taking a look at the different RP servers registered on those forums as well as the different roleplay guilds listed there. It is a great resource guide for all things roleplay and Star Wars: TOR.

Beltane
05.09.2012 , 01:49 PM | #25
I have never played on any server but Lord Adraas so I can't comment on the others, but personally, I am never lacking for RP on LA. You find it in the fleet cantinas, in the Nar Shaddaa cantina, on Tython and Korriban and random places in between. Getting in with an RP guild and watching the swtor-rp.com events calendar is probably your best bet to get in with RP on any server you choose.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

Guildrum
05.10.2012 , 12:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I've turned down potential recruits due to names in the past. I'll likely be turning down Sith Jedi in the future as well. I can't believe BioWare did that
This is a case of when I think I can legitimately say, "Open up your mind". I've RPed with a few Sith Jedi recently, and while some may act more like Sith, most I'd say have a legitimate story/reason to be a Jedi as opposed to well, a Sith. I don't see the issue personally.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith