Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Positive In-Game Customer Service Experience

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
A Positive In-Game Customer Service Experience

Fionah
05.09.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1
During an operations run we had a guild member accidentally roll on a piece gear that should have gone to another player. He reported this issue via the in game ticket system, this was around 10 pm PST. Surprisingly, by the the next morning, the issue had been fixed by a GM via the in game mail and the piece of gear had been delivered to the right player. We surely did not expect such a quick response

On another related matter, the same issue as described above occurred to me, in short a guild member accidentally rolled on a piece of gear that I could have used and he could not use ... What can I say, we are a bunch of noobs, blundering our way through op's ... to make the story short, the issue was reported via the in game mail and the next day while I was running dailies, I was contacted by a GM in game .... what a delightful surprise, as I had no idea we had in game GM's He asked me very nicely if I would mind logging off for 5 minutes, so he can send me the gear that was described in the in game mail.

Unfortunately, I was unable to access the site address he gave me where I could give this feedback, so I figured I should share it here.

Thanks

Nuggzmom
05.09.2012 , 06:09 PM | #2
Congrats there!! It's well deserved. You have accomplished what a lot of us can only dream about. Not getting blown off by customer service...

StygianCloud
05.09.2012 , 06:15 PM | #3
I am not sure whether to be pleased by the fact that there are instances of great customer service, or to be annoyed that they are solving issues that they shouldn't (as these are entirely player faults) while ignoring real bugs/game-caused problems.
Squadron 840

ManOfOne
05.09.2012 , 06:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by StygianCloud View Post
I am not sure whether to be pleased by the fact that there are instances of great customer service, or to be annoyed that they are solving issues that they shouldn't (as these are entirely player faults) while ignoring real bugs/game-caused problems.

GNM's don't fix bugs they are there to help players and correct mistakes until a system is in place where a GM is no longer needed to resolve.

Dev's will fix the bugs....someday....in a time far, far away :P
If your paying credits then I am up for the job.

Join under the Friends of Star Wars program
http://www.swtor.com/r/5BM6Mp

StygianCloud
05.10.2012 , 09:01 AM | #5
That is not what I'm saying. Fixing a bug and fixing an issue caused by a bug are two different things.

There are issues that CS can deal with that are caused by game bugs. It is unreasonable that they will not, for example, force a quest on to a character that's inaccessible (game fault) but will help you transfer items that you rolled on by accident (player fault).
Squadron 840

danpen
05.10.2012 , 09:03 AM | #6
Some people who work for the CS do not no every thing coz they are not alowed to help you all the time we need more of them to help don't we.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.