Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Disson
05.01.2012 , 11:27 PM | #151
Still crashing here with 1.2.2. Sometimes when I log in. Sometimes in pvp. Sometimes when quests conversations start. Sometimes when I'm just running along. Problem started in 1.2.1 - never once had a CTD prior to that patch, even in beta.

Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
Often. 2 to 10 times a night, playing for ~3 hrs

Your DXDiag in Spoiler tags
Spoiler

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.

I've noticed one particular spot in Lost Island, right before the 3rd or 4th bridge over lava, that I CTD virtually every time I run by.

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.
This is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

Noxaddo
05.02.2012 , 12:08 PM | #152
same here

Spoiler

Nyla
05.02.2012 , 01:01 PM | #153
This http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...09#post4227009 might help some of you, ie put the launcher in XP SP3 compatibility mode.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

Zepath
05.02.2012 , 06:32 PM | #154
Alderaan crashes to desktop on me all the time ... it even crashes windows sometimes and causes my computer to reboot. I don't have to do anything ... but the problems increases with turning too quickly, combat, and high planet population.

I'm not posting my damned DXDiags, I've done that 500 times on these forums and in tickets. And if someone tells me to update my drivers one more time I'm going to reach through the screen and rip their head off. I'm a fricking systems analyst and programmer analyst by trade, and I worked on this very engine when I worked at Simutronics ... my drivers are up to date.

FACT: I can play this game everywhere but Alderaan.
FACT: Alderaan takes upwards of 4 minutes to load. Other planet take maybe a minute.
FACT: Alderaan OFTEN gives me unhandled windows except errors #2532.
FACT: I am not the only one (by a long shot) having problems with this planet in my guild.
FACT: This is not an NVidia or ATI issue ... the girl that has the most problems in our guild is NVIdeo
FACT: I have scanned my files, many many many times. They are fine.
FACT: I have reinstalled the game just to be sure, three times.
FACT: The problems were made worse with the 1.2 patch. I don't know how, but they were.
FACT: The more populated the planet the worse the problems are and the more severe the crash.
FACT: Everyone had problems with 20 second disk activity about every 50 yards.
FACT: Obviously a lot of people on Master Zhar Listen are having problems too, because the mats from the planet are in your face absent on the GTN.

I can't even get this planet to work long enough to get my class quests done ... I now have 5 characters stuck, waiting for this to get fixed. I can't keep making characters ... I'm running out of slots.

This has been a problem since this game launched .... and its about to become the straw that breaks the camels back for me. I would rather play a game I don't like as much but works, rather than be constantly frustrated because I can't advance my character(s).

Your trying to 50 lbs of crap in 10 lbs bag with this planet ... and this has been since before launch. Waiting 6 months is long enough to wait. I'm starting to get angry.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

ELEE
05.08.2012 , 04:56 PM | #155
1. Crashes occur about every hour or so since 1.2. More frequent over the last week or so, including after today's patch 1.2.3
Spoiler

3. Crash triggers- walking, running, pvp, afk (not boot to character screen, a crash to desktop, don't believe it's related to afk'ing as the frequency does not change), loading screens, in combat, out of combat, using chat. It does not appear to have a specific trigger as it happens in all aspect of game play. The exception being space combat as I don't do that much.
4. All crashes are to desktop and internet connection is not lost at any time, issue does not appear to be fixed when shutting down all background programs/ processes not required for Windows 7.

Prior to 1.2 I could count the number of crashes to desktop on 1 finger... since beta and early game access it's only happened 1 time. I never have lag or performance issues. Since 1.2 it happens constantly about every hour or as often as every 20 min.

Levleghyn
05.10.2012 , 07:03 AM | #156
My game crashes to desktop every 30 minutes to an hour. It is making the game nearly un-playable.
As for triggering factors it is easier to say when the game DOESN'T crash... and that answer is.. When I'm logged off.
It has crashed doing anything and everything possible in the game, no common links.

Spoiler

Leyv
05.10.2012 , 07:12 AM | #157
I'd love to supply logs but ever since 1.2 it not only crashes but restarts my computer so no logs are available to me...

as to when?...whenever it feels like it...walking in the fleet , last night in denova 7 fracking times ...

Getting seriously fed up with this now and asking myself why exactly i'm spending money to play this crap....

EA , heres a suggestion...let bioware fix this and other bugs without riding them like the cash crazed scummonkeys you seem to be , maybe then we'll get a game thats actually ready to play...

Kindajenin
05.10.2012 , 07:18 AM | #158 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Levleghyn View Post
My game crashes to desktop every 30 minutes to an hour. It is making the game nearly un-playable.
As for triggering factors it is easier to say when the game DOESN'T crash... and that answer is.. When I'm logged off.
It has crashed doing anything and everything possible in the game, no common links.
Greetings Levleghyn,

I noticed from your DxDiag that your Nvidia Card is not being recognized, this could be the cause of your issue.

I would advise you to contact your computer manufacture to resolve this issue.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Aff_Reeka
05.12.2012 , 10:47 AM | #159
I am a big crafter in SWTOR, so I am constantly logging into a character, starting crafting and gather missions, then switching to another character. Most of my CTDs occur when I log out of one character and start loading another. The progress bar gets from 1/3 to 2/3 through loading the character. Then SWTOR stops running, I return to my desktop, and see this window:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic has stopped running. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." The only option is a "Cancel" button.

After a few seconds, I get a window saying: "Star Wars: The Old Republic has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only option is a "Close program" button.

But logging between characters isn't the only time I CTD. It happens when I change zones and very frequently when I'm in Flashpoints. On the few ocassions where I completely reboot my computer, log into one toon and play for a long time, I don't seem to CTD.

All of these issues began after the 1.2 patch. Before that, I Crashed To Desktop only a handful of times in the first few months after launch.

Spoiler

Kindajenin
05.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #160 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Aff_Reeka,

If you could please provide us with a rebliability report.

Open your Start menu and type "view reliability history" into the search box.

Select the most recent swtor.exe failure, denoted by the red circle with the white X in it.

Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.

Please post the full information of the reliability history within code tags or spoiler tags

Thank you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support