Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many heroics = slow progression

Ankido
12.17.2011 , 05:26 PM | #1
Hi,

I'm not trying to cry about something here but I want to point the obvious. I don't see why there are so many heroics in the game and nobody wants to group with you. I'm a powertech tank spec and I can't solo anything in heroics. There are some class that can. I don't understand the whole logic with so many heroics care to explain? Just make it simple as you did early in the game. Why not just have one boss fight for each heroic quest instead of having to kill a mob of elites that require a group.

This is really discouraging and it's making me not enjoy the game as I thought i would. I find myself LFG more than I play.

Why don't you do the non heroics and get back to them later? I did, that's where I'm stuck right now. I'm forced to move on to level up some more and come back for them to get no experience at all.

Fail!
No Sith, no Emperor, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the galaxy than the Jedi Counsil.
Against that power, the Sith cannot stand.
<[Ankido]> - Jedi Guardian

Claymaniac
12.17.2011 , 06:06 PM | #2
Are you saying there shouldn't be low level group content in a MMO?
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

Romulusss
12.17.2011 , 06:09 PM | #3
i find heriocs a good side quest. You ask if people want to do them while your near the objective, past that they are not worth it. And u should be able to solo elites, especially as a tank

OmniDo
12.17.2011 , 06:15 PM | #4
I can understand your perspective as a Tank, however almost any Heal-capable AC can solo most of those "heroics" with their companions once they are +2 or +3 levels adjusted above the flashpoint.

In some cases, they can solo it entirely by themselves.

What I dont understand is the general concept of "Must have a full group." nonsense, which is simply that: nonsense.

I dual-box two accounts and characters simultaneously, and I have no difficulty duo'ing every flashpoint without a full group, regardless of what the "Recommended for <x number> of players" warning says.

The real issue in this instance is not being able to choose which "type" of companion you get at level 10, not the fact that people are unwilling to group with you.

Consulars/Inquisitors get a "Tank" Companion right out the door, which means they dont have to tank at all, even though they both have an AC which is designed for this.

The other classes dont have the same options, as their starting companions arent all heal-types that can work with the Tanking AC's at that level.

A solution would be to allow the player to choose the given roll for their Companion, if not have both types of companions available from the start.

Honestly, I see no point in creating two "sets" of companions for both Warrior/Inquisitor and Knight/Consular, as all the companion "types" do the same things, regardless of which NPC is assigned to each class.
A more effective method would be to let the player decide which of two "Types" of companions they want at level 10, and them simply switch the existing ones to make up for it as the character levels.

For example:

All Classes get either a Tank or DPS type companion when they reach level 9-10.
This is only conducive for classes that have heal-capable AC's until the next companion is unlocked.

For players who choose Tank/DPS classes and AC's, their companions are either tanks, (useless) or extra DPS, which is also more or less useless.

This makes solo'ing content or minimizing flashpoint group sizes restrictive, as those players MUST have a heal-capable member in their group in order to survive the Elite/Boss/Champion encounters.

The only way around not having a healer for the lower level flashpoints is to simply out-dps the high-health targets via attrition: Kill them before your player/companion "Tank" dies.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

WedgeyZero
12.17.2011 , 06:18 PM | #5
First of all - you're not forced to do those quests. You're free to skip every single one of them that you want to.

Second of all - if you're spending all your time "LFG", then you're doing it wrong. Keep questing until you find people, then gather and knock it out.
I have RPitis. Back away, because I'm very contagious and it will spread like wildfire.

Ankido
12.17.2011 , 06:20 PM | #6
My friend is a Sith Sorcerer and his companion is a tank. He has no problem soloing. If his tank is viable as a tank and can easily do heroics, why can't I do it as a tank and my healer be viable as a healer? I don't understand the whole concept of companions. Maybe I should be pure DPS with my companion being DPS? I don't understand and too many heroics going on here. I think they should make less heroics and move us along so that we're not stuck LFG all the time. I'm the type of guy that doesn't like to skip quests. Ya know, the Achievement type of guy who wants everything done and done right.

I never mentioned not having low level instances. My whole point was about heroics.
No Sith, no Emperor, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.

OmniDo
12.17.2011 , 06:26 PM | #7
Heh, you responded while I was appending my previous post. xD
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

OmniDo
12.17.2011 , 06:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WedgeyZero View Post
First of all - you're not forced to do those quests. You're free to skip every single one of them that you want to.
Unfortunately, this is not an viable solution.
Players want to enjoy the content NOW, and get the Modable items which they can keep throughout their leveling adventures NOW, not have to come back 5+ levels later and solo the entire dungeon.
Quote:
Second of all - if you're spending all your time "LFG", then you're doing it wrong. Keep questing until you find people, then gather and knock it out.
This is also not useful, since many players will elect to ignore other players, other than buffing them for courtesy sake and helping them out in a pinch (if the player is about to die) if they are able to. I do both the former and the latter all the time, but I rarely ever invite other players for Heroic 2 or 2+ zones, since thats what my companion is for.

If I am unable to complete said quest via attrition, then I simply move onto the next quest and do it later, 1 or 2 levels adjusted.

This is not an issue for quests, but becomes an issue for flashpoints, since the whole point behind a flashPoint is to have a group to do it with.

While Im perfectly fine with solo'ing or dual-boxing everything (where mathematically possible) by myself, (the end-game is my goal, not the leveling) most people play this game for the social aspects.

The goal is to make grouping "optional", not required, with the exception of course being the the end-game Raid encounters.

Ankido
12.17.2011 , 07:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniDo View Post
Unfortunately, this is not an viable solution.
Players want to enjoy the content NOW, and get the Modable items which they can keep throughout their leveling adventures NOW, not have to come back 5+ levels later and solo the entire dungeon.

This is also not useful, since many players will elect to ignore other players, other than buffing them for courtesy sake and helping them out in a pinch (if the player is about to die) if they are able to. I do both the former and the latter all the time, but I rarely ever invite other players for Heroic 2 or 2+ zones, since thats what my companion is for.

If I am unable to complete said quest via attrition, then I simply move onto the next quest and do it later, 1 or 2 levels adjusted.

This is not an issue for quests, but becomes an issue for flashpoints, since the whole point behind a flashPoint is to have a group to do it with.

While Im perfectly fine with solo'ing or dual-boxing everything (where mathematically possible) by myself, (the end-game is my goal, not the leveling) most people play this game for the social aspects.

The goal is to make grouping "optional", not required, with the exception of course being the the end-game Raid encounters.
+1

I like this, makes a lot of sense. I hope the next big patch is some good changes.

yingzi
12.17.2011 , 07:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ankido View Post
Hi,

I'm not trying to cry about something here but I want to point the obvious. I don't see why there are so many heroics in the game and nobody wants to group with you. I'm a powertech tank spec and I can't solo anything in heroics. There are some class that can. I don't understand the whole logic with so many heroics care to explain? Just make it simple as you did early in the game. Why not just have one boss fight for each heroic quest instead of having to kill a mob of elites that require a group.

This is really discouraging and it's making me not enjoy the game as I thought i would. I find myself LFG more than I play.

Why don't you do the non heroics and get back to them later? I did, that's where I'm stuck right now. I'm forced to move on to level up some more and come back for them to get no experience at all.

Fail!
Wait wait..your a TANK and no one wants to do heroics with you? Are you on a pve server? Iam a Jug Tank on a pvp server and have no problem what so ever getting a group for those. I have to turn way too many groups down for that crap being that i did most of my stuff in dungeons and the rewards are no where in comparison with with the gear i have.