Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

glabgr
05.05.2012 , 02:05 PM | #291
I beleive all people came from another mmo like me even those who are playing for the first time need a LFG tool so they can find fast and without have to wait on the fleet a group to make a FP.
I joined this game because my friends left wow and came here, i realy like it, always wanted a space mmo and Star Wars was a blessing.
Questing is wonderful i love it and even the orange items idea is great so you can keep something you like it and evolve it on the way.Storyline is nice different for each class so you dont have to see the same stories again,many bugs but its something that can and will be fixed with futured updates.
After leveling my first char reached level 50 and i stucked.......no LFG tool and shouting all day trying to find a group to see at least the FPoints.......big dissapointment and i want to beleive that bioware will make it happen soon or there is a big issue here.
Dont troll and say : if u dont like it bb qq and such , but please think how usefull will be a LFG tool for everybody , seriously.

Trineda
05.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #292

Hello there,

We thought you might be interested in the new STAR WARS: The Old Republic Official Podcast - Episode 1 - "Rocket Boots" that was released today. Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

'Group-finder' Feature planned for 1.3

A glimpse of how it will function

Have a great day!

Gammawaves
05.09.2012 , 04:50 PM | #293
So will the LFG tool be cross server? or just server wide?

it will be a big dissapointment if the LFG is only server wide. Im lucky if I see more than 30 people online in my level range during peak hours on the weekend. A LFG tool will be bascially useless unless its cross server.
I just dont see how a single server LFG is going to work with low populations. If we dont get a cross server LFG I will mostly likely be cancelling my sub. Solo questing is getting so boring and i was really looking forward to doing group content.

RachelAnne
05.09.2012 , 05:29 PM | #294
I think they do explain it well in the video.

- Quest, FP, Story mode OP you can queue for
- tank, heal, dps select

I just hope there is a way of selecting "casual" at the queue, so that people who are elitist and demand high dps, perfect specs etc. dont pick this and select "pro", so that casuals can actually use the tool - not like at wow where using it is a pain.

Vladnar
05.10.2012 , 12:22 AM | #295
I want to heal fps but there are none, so im healing pvp and getting smashed into the bargain, not suprising as as a dedicated healer ive 16% damage boost to dps but only 8 to healing lol.

I want to play pve tonight but will again be forced into pvp or nothing ie play wow instead.

Ive read that cross server pve fp pugs are coming, can we just get this pushed through now as a matter of urgency please....ive read from so many people now that their quest lines are dropping short of swapping planets and maybe theyve missed out on a chain somewhere or whatever BUT still im sure they were expected to do a few fps too.................ASAP please guys

Moricthian
05.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #296
So I found the podcast to be a bit unclear. When you que for a flashpoint, will it teleport you to the instance like with PvP or will I still be required to travel there?

Digimanbyte_ID
07.25.2012 , 01:58 AM | #297
I really hope this is cross realm, because most players. Which are casual like to get in and have quick round without the hassle of waiting for hours. Not that it really matters to those on well populated servers but on close to dead ones its a nightmare. Honestly server community won't work if there are to many people on realms that are populated and unless its a forced move people don't like the idea of being forced to change there characters names because it was taken from someone else.

darkcerb
07.25.2012 , 02:36 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
I really hope this is cross realm, because most players. Which are casual like to get in and have quick round without the hassle of waiting for hours. Not that it really matters to those on well populated servers but on close to dead ones its a nightmare. Honestly server community won't work if there are to many people on realms that are populated and unless its a forced move people don't like the idea of being forced to change there characters names because it was taken from someone else.
I hope this post was made ironically, the lfg tool is inadequate at best, hopefully bioware snaps out of it and adds cross server functionality among other features.

Metalmac
08.12.2012 , 05:00 PM | #299
Things wrong with the Group Finder are many but the biggest issues is:
1. Assigns you are role you can not fill as you do not have the GEAR or Spec to do that role.
2. Auto fills the selection and is backwards as it should ask you to fill a role before you can join QUE, not autofill it.