Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Augment tables.

Iceman_sith
05.08.2012 , 10:13 PM | #1
In 1.3 we will see the introduction of augment tables. This allows player to add augment slots on any of their gear. But what does this mean for crafters?

Currently I make a little bit of money making orange gear with augment slots problem is when 1.3 comes around unless there is a significant cost to adding augments to gear my orange gear will be rather pointless. (except for those that want to look rather different.)

See it costs a lot of credits for players to pull there mods out of armor and put it in my gear, if they could skip that whole process I might be out of the job.

TalkingDinosaur
05.08.2012 , 10:26 PM | #2
It's not like they're 10+ other threads on this topic. Let me explain it again:

The augment table will most definitively be very expensive so people have the choice of spending a large sum of credits or rolling the dice when they craft gear.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Beef_Cake
05.09.2012 , 05:57 AM | #3
I personally would pay to augment my current gear. I have the look I want, so spending credits for this would be perfectly fine by me. I won't spend 400-900k for a augmented gear piece I don't like the look of, sorry.

Serbegorn
05.09.2012 , 06:00 AM | #4
Heh, told ya so. Well, crafting is officially dead now I guess.

Serbegorn
05.09.2012 , 06:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
I personally would pay to augment my current gear. I have the look I want, so spending credits for this would be perfectly fine by me. I won't spend 400-900k for a augmented gear piece I don't like the look of, sorry.
This. If crafters are not included in the process of adding augment slots... armor crafting will officially be dead. Dead as a fracking door nail. What's the point? I'd bet a month's salary on that's what is going to happen.

I guess we'll have a market for augments. Hope you all picked armstech for the popular augments.

They're rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic imo. So when is the next GW2 beta weekend again?

Screaming_Ziva
05.09.2012 , 07:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
It's not like they're 10+ other threads on this topic. Let me explain it again:

The augment table will most definitively be very expensive so people have the choice of spending a large sum of credits or rolling the dice when they craft gear.
It doesn't matter how expensive it is. If armor crafters are not involved in it somehow (ie a crafted item is needed to use the table) armor crafting is totally finished.

NicWester
05.09.2012 , 06:34 PM | #7
They said elsewhere that it'd be introduced in a way that doesn't step on crafters' toes.

But, y'know, reading the whole sentence is waaaay less convenient than just siezing on the first thing to piss you off...

GnatB
05.09.2012 , 06:53 PM | #8
Just to keep this thread updated, but it's already been said that using the table will require a kit that is created by crafters AND credits.

And that the mats for the kits comes from reverse engineering crafted items.

Serbegorn
05.09.2012 , 06:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
And that the mats for the kits comes from reverse engineering crafted items.
That part is confusing. Does that mean that RE'ing crafted items will return different materials than what was used to create them? If not, then why make the distinction that RE'ing returns the mats for making aug kits? Bioware double talk I guess. I've met engineers that had difficulty communicating with normal humans but these guys take it to a whole other level sometimes.