Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zorn and Toth 1 shot?

FrOzeNPeNguiNN
05.08.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1
Previously didn't seem to be an issue but today my guild ran HM EC and continued to get both bosses down to under 10%. Once Toth died the raid was all 1 shot. Thought maybe it was a bug but this happened over 10 times. Switched to killing Zorn first and the same thing happened. Is anyone else having this happen? If so, is it a bug or are we missing a new mechanic? Any feedback would be welcome
Character: Zav
Guild: Bad Company
Server: Davik's Estate

TheRealCandyMan
05.08.2012 , 10:46 PM | #2
Yep. When Zorn enrages it is a 1 shot for the entire raid. Try to down them at the same time.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

pure_laced
05.08.2012 , 11:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
Yep. When Zorn enrages it is a 1 shot for the entire raid. Try to down them at the same time.
This is not true. When you kill one before the other, the one remaining enrages. However, there is also a hard enrage timer that can double the enrage. That will be a 1 shot. But if you kill Toth, you can kill Zorn and have a good 20 secs before the whole raid dies provided you are ahead on the hard enrage timer.

Kill them both at same time, but if it's close, kill Toth before Zorn.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

FrOzeNPeNguiNN
05.08.2012 , 11:13 PM | #4
Thanks guys! It doesn't seem like we're hitting the timer. I've seen the double enrage hit before but this seems to be something else. We'll keep at um tho. Last attempt we had just killed Toth and right after 7 members went down. I must have got a lucky resist and was the last man standing. Zorn at 1% and only the standard enrage was on. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have better luck. Maybe we should have tried a phase reset and recleared?

xenofire
05.08.2012 , 11:52 PM | #5
When you kill Toth first, after a few seconds Zorn emits a screech that does around 20k damage but I think it's mitigated by armor. It has a range though, like 30 yards. The best way to do this is to kill Zorn first, because then a few seconds later Toth starts pounding the ground and does AOE damage over time like sonic pulse. This will kill the raid eventually too, so it's really important to bring them down at the same time. Have a few ranged DPS who can switch to facilitate this change.

The double enrage will practically instagib you, so the enrage timer is an important test, but it's not much of a check. It's a pretty easy timer to meet.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Zuuf
05.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #6
If you can't get a simultaneous kill, kill Toth first and kite Zorn until he is dead. If your tank still has some cooldowns they can use them, but if not, kiting will extend the amount of time until raid wipe.

FrOzeNPeNguiNN
05.09.2012 , 01:24 PM | #7
Awesome! Thanks for the update guys. We appreciate it.

MelliMelon
05.09.2012 , 06:02 PM | #8
Yeah, I appreciate the help too. Still trying to down those dudes.

Naizgrel
05.09.2012 , 06:12 PM | #9
Remember after both die a new boss comes that needs to be interrupted ALOT
Sev, i know you are alive.