Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment slot on all gear 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment slot on all gear 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mallorik
05.09.2012 , 03:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
Adding an augment to an item through the augment table will require an augment kit and credits. The kits can be traded and are created by crafters. RE'ing crafted items gives you the materials required to create augment kits.
Probably the smartest thing ive ever seen the devs do since this game released, i think i feel some hope , it better not just be heartburn.

GnatB
05.09.2012 , 03:17 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
It costs quite a bit more than this on "The Ebon Hawk"
Making one augmented gun will take me on average 6 tries. I am not home right now but that is 4 purchased items, 12 (8 of one 4 of the other) green items, and 4 blue items per try. So 24 of the purchased vials (500 credits each), 72 green materials (GTN normally 4k/10 or 400 each), 24 blue items (for armstech they are cheaper than other classes so around 8k/4), and i can sell the failed guns back at about 2k/gun to a vendor..
May I suggest NOT making the Elegant ones and instead make the lvl 20 ones? Higher crit rates (assuming elegant ones are still orange @400) and WAY cheaper/faster to harvest mats? I have yet to really meet anybody who really cares what their weapons look like all that much, and you can't preview their look on the GTN anyways, so all people are buying is the "stats". So if YOU want to try to compete against equivelent quality guns that cost 3k to make and can be used 30 levels earlier with your 90k to make guns, I'm gonna guess it isn't going to go that well for you. As somebody else said. L2Economy

Oh, and PS. When you actually ARE doing higher level crafting, run missions for the fluxes. The Calius Saj Leeloo or w/e mission costs like 2k to run, and returns over 30 of those high end fluxes. (According to TorHead, average cost is 61 per). That alone will cut your expenses by ~10500 credits.

Bad-Johnny
05.09.2012 , 03:18 PM | #33
I like the idea of kits made to do this. I would love to drop the gear I have with the "Made by poopyhead" tag. Whatever they do maybe they could also get rid of the "made by" tag after items become bound.

GnatB
05.09.2012 , 03:19 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
Probably the smartest thing ive ever seen the devs do since this game released, i think i feel some hope , it better not just be heartburn.
Agreed. Makes me wonder if they were listening to our suggestions/guesses... I must say I'm wondering if the augment mats are obtained from REing *all* items, or just crit crafted ones? That part was a suggestion I made way back when.

GnatB
05.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Bad-Johnny View Post
Whatever they do maybe they could also get rid of the "made by" tag after items become bound.
I hope not, half the enjoyment of being a crafter is seeing other people using the stuff you made. One of the reasons I'm an inspectaholic.

Monterone
05.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #36
I wouldn't go crazy about this yet, we don't know how it will work.

I'd involve all the classes that can already craft crit gear, and give them each a component that can be sold and is used at the augment table. That way there would be a few components to acquire per item, but the economy would be going with the amount of medium cost components being traded.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

tglass
05.09.2012 , 03:59 PM | #37
RE'ing crafted items gives you the materials required to create augment kits.
So I guess that explains why we can't RE orange gear in game right now.
Darganon: JOINT COMMAND
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Sithhelmet
05.09.2012 , 04:16 PM | #38
Adding an augment to an item through the augment table will require an augment kit and credits. The kits can be traded and are created by crafters. RE'ing crafted items gives you the materials required to create augment kits.
This narrows it down a bit, thanks. Though I do have some other questions on this before I can feel easy about it.

1. Are players the only way to obtain these kits? Because if they're put on a vendor like everything else for a token amount of commendations then there's really no reason to bother crafting them.

2. What items will be RE'able to get the materials to make the kits? Right now we can still only RE greens, blues, purples and the 1.2 oranges and orange drops, not oranges we create, which has driven the price of crafted non-crits to just above vendor price. (I realize this is a dangerous question to answer, since players will try to stock up on the items ahead of time.)

3. Where will the schematic for the augment kit be obtained? As it is, any level 10 with a companion can craft 99% of the items a level 50 can, though at a slower rate. As poor as this system is for a dedicated crafter, it's better than the way the orange gloves/boots schematics are distributed- by random chance and gated by being in an operation.
The no-win question is, will the schematic be available to everyone and their wookie or will it require the elitism of an operations group?

JimG
05.09.2012 , 06:59 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
It's not learn to use the market when there is no demand for the items. As I said there is almost a 0% demand for augmented items on my server. Augmented armor around 20-30k might sell, anything over that just sits there. The only items that sell post 1.2 are the augments, which I sell alot of, and they will sell better once everyone can add an augment to any piece of gear they want to.
Which server are you on? On the The Harbinger, I've sold a lot of augmented items and I sell them in the 70-150k price range. I might have to put some of them back on the GTN once or twice though because sometimes you get undercut on price by someone else. Of course, you have to be selective about what you're trying to sell too and focus on the armors that people are more likely to wear.

JimG
05.09.2012 , 07:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Bad-Johnny View Post
I like the idea of kits made to do this. I would love to drop the gear I have with the "Made by poopyhead" tag. Whatever they do maybe they could also get rid of the "made by" tag after items become bound.
They aren't going to drop the tag. They want crafters to be able to get some recognition in their community. Just randomly ran into someone the other day who was wearing a chestpiece I made and it was kind of cool. Plus, I've had people email me requesting a particular item because they saw that I had crafted it.

However, the tag fades over time and wears off so eventually you won't have any tag on it anyway.