Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planets with Seasons?

jgelling
05.09.2012 , 08:15 AM | #11
Sorry, it's always 35 degrees and partly cloudy with perpetual sunlight on the set of Studio 3C,... er, I mean Alderaan.

iamthehoyden
05.09.2012 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Taral View Post
But a planet being green and habitable does not imply seasons. A planet's axial tilt gives it seasons (if the rotational axis is not perpendicular to the orbital plane, then each hemisphere gets more or less sun during part of the year, and thus is subject to greater temperature variance). Planets don't necessarily need that tilt. Kashyyyk has no tilt, and thus is not subject to seasons. One whole rainforest, planetwide (Rakatan technology made the planet's ecosystem go crazy though, creating the multi-kilometer-tall trees.)

So I have no problem with one-environment-planets, or with planets with no seasons.
Thank you for the background for Tatooine and Hoth! For most of the planets, I think you could use the axial tilt (or lack there of) to justify the lack of seasons, but if I remember correctly there are a couple things that npc's say on Alderaan that indicate that they actually do have seasons, and wint...I mean, spring is coming
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

MWidowmaker
05.09.2012 , 04:00 PM | #13
well, Hoth definately has a winter time season.......