Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ops Frames Improvements?

WhiskeyGin
05.09.2012 , 02:11 AM | #1
So, I was hoping to make a couple of suggestions about the operations frames. As a healer, I spend a pretty fair amount of time staring at them during an average night of raiding.

First, it'd be awesome if we (players) could adjust the size of debuffs in the ops frame. Right now, they're simply too small to really take note of during the course of a raid boss encounter. If they were more noticeable, I could be more proactive with cleanses. As things stand, the ops frames merely display miniscule blobs that are hard to track in between the numerous other things a healer is keeping track of.

Second, from a dps standpoint, the activation of certain buffs is key to maximizing damage. Perhaps having them highlighted on activation, or some other means of setting them off from the permanent buffs, namely raid buffs, stims, and/or guard, could lead to easier efficiency on behalf of the players.

Third, a purely cosmetic option that would be nice to play with would be the color of the health bars. It would be nice to play with them, but I wouldn't call this essential.

Anyways, anyone have some other ideas? As well, if I've completely missed the point and any of this is already in the game's options or should have been posted in a different thread, please feel free to berate me for such simple and mundane ignorance.

xenofire
05.09.2012 , 02:19 AM | #2
I wish each class had a color coding, that way when looking for a specific person it would be much easier to find them.

The following story is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Player 1 has experienced serious aggro issues, stemming from critting bosses face off.
Player1 over ventrilo: "Player 1 needs an extricate!"
Player 2, a sorcerer raid healer, heeds the call and begins to search for player 1. Having raided with player 1 for a time, player 2 knows that player 1 is a lightning sorc who loves to crit the bosses face off with a chain lightning, force barrage, thundering blast combination. However, in this 16 man raid, there's no way to instantly identify where all the sorcs are via color. In other games, player 2 would immediately identify which players were sorcs by their <insert color here> name in the ops frame. However, in SWTOR, such a convenience is not allowed. So, player 2 begins by searching group 1. Nope, not there. Okay, let's move on to group 2-- Player 1 has died.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Onibubu
05.09.2012 , 02:20 AM | #3
Yes, Buff/Debuffmanagment is IMHO a big todo list.
Seriously I am NOT interested which debuff from other players is on the Boss.
I am interested if MY debuffs are on the boss and how long they are until they vanish.

First problem is you realy have to search the bossdebufbar to spot your dot/debuf whatever...
Second, ever played with 2 player in the same specc? Which debuf is mine and which not? You can just gues!

Scaling of the buffs/debuffs in the raidframe. I totaly agree on that and please and option to turn off the BUFFS in the raidframe... I care about when I have to decurse, not if my buddy has some classbuffs.
Knights of the Shadows, Vanjervalis Chain - Republik
T1:10/10 NM T2:4/4 HM
http://knightsoftheshadows.de/

Farmbuyer
05.09.2012 , 08:11 AM | #4
Frankly, anything less than player-scriptable unitframes is going to fall short of community expectations. If there's any aspect of MMO play where I really, really demand the ability to customize, it's the endgame.

pure_laced
05.09.2012 , 08:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Farmbuyer View Post
Frankly, anything less than player-scriptable unitframes is going to fall short of community expectations. If there's any aspect of MMO play where I really, really demand the ability to customize, it's the endgame.
^^^ Truth!

Off the top of my head:

- Ability to toggle self dots/debuffs on target. I only care what debuffs I have on the target, not the 15 others in my raid group as it spans the entire screen when everything is rolling.
- Ability to detach personal buffs/debuffs away from my unitframe to put elsewhere.
- Dot timer would be nice. Not necessarily needed, but would be handy instead if a graphic display.
- Resizeable debuffs on players.

There are more of course but that is a good start IMHO.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Squishei
05.09.2012 , 10:11 AM | #6
My top wants as a healer

1) Mouseover healing: I really hate click healing but can live with it for now.

2) Ability to see the amount of healing but not the percent of health: I can see the percent health from the red bar, no need to take up more space..

3) Colour coding: A) Class colours B) Debuff colours: I hate knowing I have a root, but not knowing if it's tech, or force as they have the same icon.

For some reason I seem to be the only one that is ok with seeing debuffs.

Inzi
05.09.2012 , 01:45 PM | #7
My number 1 priority for UI stuff is buff/debuff management.

a) Resizeable separate from the frame itself. (i.e. if I want buffs to take up 1/8th of the bar, they should be able to take up 1/8th of the bar. If I want them aligned left instead of right, I should be able to do that as well.)

b) Sortable buffs/debuffs. I don't want to see the class buffs on the raid frames. I'd like to be able to toggle those off. I want to be able to see my own hots/shields on people.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

BoneEater
05.09.2012 , 02:49 PM | #8
I would love to be able to move them around again like you could originally. Without going the extra mile to first open the UI customization window. Unlocking the OPS frames doesn't even unlock them anymore so you could move them around, why even change that? UGH!
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

Trineda
05.09.2012 , 03:43 PM | #9

Hello there,

We saw your thread and thought you might also be interested in the UI Feature Feedback thread as well. As mentioned by Amber Green:

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

We are already working on a few areas based on your feedback, such as additional hotbars and more customizable buff bars. While we do not have an estimate for when these features will be implemented, we are hoping that more great ideas will come from you!
Have a great day!

Valtrim
05.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #10
The top thing I'd like to see added is the equivalent of mouseover macros (or the Clique/Grid add-ons) for healing. It's like Robinson Crusoe healing a raid right now.

Changing raid frame colors based on debuffs (in addition to class colors in the absence of debuffs) would be ideal.