Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Bounty Hunter a Jedi killer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Bounty Hunter a Jedi killer?

Sippix
05.06.2012 , 03:34 AM | #11
Sages/Sorcs are easy money.

Shadows/Sins are a good fight (especially tanks).

Guards/Juggs are tough fights.

Sents/Maras are the top-end of 1v1 of ALL classes. You have to KNOW how to fight them and all your CD's have to be available to you. Standing too close to them can get messy really fast.
Mayhem Legacy
Jugg_Karatê Guard_C'mon-seriously Sorc_Hawt-dawts Sage_Snüggle
Op_Mcstabbs Scoundrel_Hawt-shawt Mara_Bönerfärt Sent_Feelings
PT_T-wrexx Sniper_Lazorbeemz Merc_Trüst Sin_Kung-fü

jotaroxtreme
05.06.2012 , 11:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post

Sents/Maras are the top-end of 1v1 of ALL classes. You have to KNOW how to fight them and all your CD's have to be available to you. Standing too close to them can get messy really fast.
This pretty much says it all.

Maximum_Aaron
05.07.2012 , 12:11 PM | #13
It could just be that I'm still in the 10-49 bracket, but I play a mostly-shield tech PT, and the only people who can ever give me any real trouble in a 1v1 are marauders.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRMrdzroMZMcrzo.1 is my current spec, and I'm working up to http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...zrRMZMcrzoZb.1 (haven't decided if I'm going to add the 6% shield chance or 9% aim yet)
45% more Maximum than the leading Aaron!

Yazule
05.07.2012 , 12:46 PM | #14
The only thing that kills rauders are rauders... fact

this will likely change soon as the nerfherders are all complaining about them now that ops and BH have gotten beaten to a pulp.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Axien
05.07.2012 , 03:13 PM | #15
http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...-bounty-hunter

Interesting to watch this video post changes in 1.2. I'm eagerly awaitiing Episode II ... mushroom-vs.-bounty-hunter

Protanos
05.09.2012 , 04:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Axien View Post
http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...-bounty-hunter

Interesting to watch this video post changes in 1.2. I'm eagerly awaitiing Episode II ... mushroom-vs.-bounty-hunter
This is old video after 1.2 merc die too fast... marauder dealt for now too much dmg+burst have immunity eggs and invisibility... now on all wz =) But I still love my merc and hate jedy

ManiacalShen
05.09.2012 , 07:05 AM | #17

Funnily enough, I've been beating my head against the wall trying to kill my server's Juggs, while the Marauders have been falling to me. That's probably just because they're flavor of the month, though, so there are a bunch of new 50s in low gear, without a lot of practice just yet. Meanwhile, one of the biggest PVP ******es on my server (full Warhero, of course) is a Jugg. When I'm on his team, I just use target-of-target to help him burn down his enemy, and it's obscene.

But yeah, I generally agree with the quoted post. Even when a Shadow/Assassin attacks me out of stealth, it sucks a bit, but I have more trouble with operatives/scoundrels doing the same thing.

Bluetickone
05.09.2012 , 01:54 PM | #18

Bounty Hunter is too generic; PTs are solid and can compete with any jedi. Mercs are bantha fodder for everyone except commandos.

pxlhunter
05.09.2012 , 02:00 PM | #19
Don't do it, unless you are either captain uber player or just like to get your butt kicked all day long. My Merc was my main toon and my first to reach 50. Pre-50 was a lot more fun. After 50, PVP is usually less fun than banging your head against a brick wall.

My assassin, marauder, or sniper - all are still fun and I can usually place in the top 3 in most Warzones. On my BH I am almost always dead last on my team. I have tried all three trees (pyro seems to be the only one remotely worth it).

I do not have fun playing BH anymore and will prob not be logging him much at all until there are MAJOR improvements.

IMHO don't even bother with it unless u want to have a another toon to craft with or just like to punish yourself...

KainrycKarr
05.09.2012 , 06:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewZue View Post
Full tank Powertech will pretty much lose any 1v1. (see post below for educational diagram)
Wrong. My guildmate wins his 1v1's quite often.